ABC pulls reality series amid criticism.

AAMU Alum

LOS ANGELES - "Welcome to the Neighborhood," an ABC reality series that pushes hot buttons of racism and anti-homosexuality, was pulled by the network before its debut. The program had drawn criticism from groups claiming it risked fostering prejudice.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a statement Wednesday, ABC acknowledged the delicate nature of the series in which families asked to pick a new neighbor are made to expose and overcome their biases.

"Welcome to the Neighborhood" demonstrates what happens when people are forced to "confront preconceived notions of what makes a good neighbor," the network said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050630/ap_en_tv/tv_show_dropped

I saw the preview for this show and I thought to myself, "this is going to be interesting".

Just off the top of my head, I would guess that white folks decided that it wouldn't be wise to show everyone just how they talk about "others" when they're being really honest about the situation.

That's intersting though.

They should've known that was going to stir up controversy!

Oh well. I was looking forward to seeing that and seeing racism rear its head in the form of reality TV.

I think it would be interesting to expose how "people" really feel about other "people" in "Amerikk...uh...America"

Don't be afraid of the truth!!!!

I saw the preview and said "I know who WON'T be moving in." :alicia: :dude:

They should have known better. Having all white people judging. :emlaugh:
They can't show that truth, but put Leroy on clowning, IT's all good. :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Back