AAMU/ALSt Magic City Classic Throwback Jerseys

MightyDog

At he players luncheon, the players were surprised with the announcement that they would be playing in the 62nd Annual Magic City Classic dressed in throwback Jerseys. The smiles really came out when they were told they could keep them. What a gift for the ballplayers.

You had to be there to see the expressions on the face of the players.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
they let them keep the jerseys? dats tight...

I heard the rumor monday that we would be playing in throwbacks! I didnt believe it till I looked on the field this past saturday....

Originally posted by MightyDog
At he players luncheon, the players were surprised with the announcement that they would be playing in the 62nd Annual Magic City Classic dressed in throwback Jerseys. The smiles really came out when they were told they could keep them. What a gift for the ballplayers.

You had to be there to see the expressions on the face of the players.

How can WE get a jersey???

A throwback...a new one....any!

I've been inquiring for 2 years now. :(

Moderators, TRU is smacking on the Sports board. Why is his post still there??

just like you've been doing?

STOP IT!!!

And ahhh what happened to my post? That was a legitimate question, no smack intended. I saw the A&M jersey and noticed BULLDOGS on front and thought wow, they broke out new jerseys, kinda nice. But didn't realize they were throwbacks. As for ASU they always seem to be getting new jerseys, so didn't really think they were "old" jerseys either.

Man you folks I'll tell ya. :shame:

Amazing, simply utterly amazing........but, par for the course.

Originally posted by Bengal E
And if I tried to describe them, I don't know what they would think.

I ACTUALLY THINK MIGHTY DOG MADE THIS UP. BUT I WON'T TYPE THAT I BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE THEY WILL CALL IT SMACK.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
damn, I decide to take the day off from TSPN and I done missed something. LOL

as far as the jersey's, they didn't look like throwbacks to me either. :confused:

lmao that somebody checked TP!
:lol:

Yeah they were throwback jerseys ASU was like the one's we were in 91 not sure about AM.They said you could order some at the luncheon but I failed to get the number

Originally posted by mighty hornet
damn, I decide to take the day off from TSPN and I done missed something. LOL

as far as the jersey's, they didn't look like throwbacks to me either. :confused:

lmao that somebody checked TP!
:lol:

Bama States were the jerseys that they wore the year they won the SWAC Championship.... plain black jerseys with gold and white stripes on the sleeves....

AAMU's were real old jerseys with bulldgos going across the chest.... they may have been back from when Stallworth was playing.

nothing special about neither one of them. Both teams wore their current pants and helmets with the jerseys.

I'm not smacking but A&M's jersey was the best I've seen them wear in the 25 years I've been going to the Classic. If I were your head coach I would also get the maroon throwback, but never wear it with maroon pants. As for ASU we should never wear all black.

Originally posted by enswaclopedia

As for ASU we should never wear all black.

CO-SIGNED ! ! !

Especially not to a Classic - ANY CLASSIC !

Black-over-black uniforms are the plainest, worst looking uniforms that Bama State has, and we probably have more uniform combinatins than any HBCU.

If we're gonna were one color from head to toe, it should be solid white or solid gold.

The AAMU Jerseys were from the 70s and I don't know about State, because I coach was superstious about wearing all maroon in the classic we could not wear it. Since he scored the frist touchdown in the first MCC maybe he knew something we didn't know. But I did hear he lost a ballgame while wearing all Maroon and maybe this is why we could not wear all Maroon and White.

Maybe we will get some to wear with our 2004 windsuits.

MACBFAC, we are looking into the cost and it appears that a lot of people want them. Our will have more meaning because we won.:D

Actually MD, I think that it is Hank that has the superstition about wearing like colors to the classic. From personal experience, when I worked with him in the equipment room back in '95 a couple of the players wanted to wear all white to the classic and they had me to go to bat for them. We did and we lost and I know since then he does not like putting them in all like colors for the classic.

Back