A REAL GSU and PV topic.............

TooCold2Crab02

Aside from all the BS the SWAC is going through with the refs and bands (I don't know if you guys have the same beef like we do), this defintely has to be one of the biggest Cotton Bowl Classics since the early 90's. I know Da' BOX is ready to get down with them Grambling boys on Friday night but we all know Saturday is going to be real in the battlefield. I understand that GSU had a week off so they should be good and fresh this weekend. Can't wait to see you katz (especially TROMBONES !!!! :D ). Holla !

p.s.

Mr. L Hendrix make sure you get at me!!!

Is GSU performing at the H.S battle of the bands Saturday morning ? I have not seen them in recent years, and I have never seen PVAMU there !

Originally posted by Quietstorm
Is GSU performing at the H.S battle of the bands Saturday morning ? I have not seen them in recent years, and I have never seen PVAMU there !
yes we are preforming and I am looking forward to seeing PV especially the tuba section.

The reason you do not see PV at the High School B-of-the B that's a recruitment trip for Grambling it's been going on for years.

The question is what will PV do.... they had several weeks before this game, and the show they did against TSU was not all that. Now that's not to say TSU was better, they were not good at all!!!

Originally posted by WorldFamed-81
The reason you do not see PV at the High School B-of-the B that's a recruitment trip for Grambling it's been going on for years.

The question is what will PV do.... they had several weeks before this game, and the show they did against TSU was not all that. Now that's not to say TSU was better, they were not good at all!!!

My thoughts as well

Well one thing is for sure,..........It will be musical on both sides. Won't be no sleeping on this game.

I wanna know why you gRambling folk can't stay on topic but you don't want anyone to smack on the PRESENT gRambling. And besides, PV was good at the LDC, if you don't believe that then you're just the idiot you were before you typed what you typed. The OCean was aight and the OCean now is light years ahead of the one that played at the LDC. All this shat talk, I better see and hear a gRambling that's just wrecking shop if we come down there for that homecoming. Cuz for the most part ya'll are on here talking a bunch of lies and BULLSHAT.:rolleyes:

O.K.

As I posted earlier,....it will be very musical on both sides. That's all I'm interested in. That's no lie. There will be no time allotted for any band to sleep,....not this game. :nod:

Originally posted by Quietstorm

You never see the PV band there because the event is co-sponsored by the Dallas Alumni Chapter of GSU and the South Oak Cliff H.S. Band Parents as a fund raiser.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
You never see the PV band there because the event is co-sponsored by the Dallas Alumni Chapter of GSU and the South Oak Cliff H.S. Band Parents as a fund raiser.

we were going to do it one year, but i believe the GROCERY STORE or BUS STATION came calling with some money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: O.K.

Originally posted by Legend35
As I posted earlier,....it will be very musical on both sides. That's all I'm interested in. That's no lie. There will be no time allotted for any band to sleep,....not this game. :nod:

Legend you are probably the only one representing the GSU BAND that i can actually have a discussion with. when i was in shereveport earlier this year it was a large amount of GSU people at the game, so i know yall have some good fans. but when it comes to band at PV and even TSU you never here a TSU person putting down their own band or a PV person putting down their own band. and the thing about PV not doing the battle of the bands that morning, why should they?? GRAMBLING gets paid to do it and we don't..so if PV threw a battle of the bands how much would GRAMBLING charge because you guys believe in getting paid..

Re: Re: O.K.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
GRAMBLING gets paid to do it and we don't..so if PV threw a battle of the bands how much would GRAMBLING charge because you guys believe in getting paid..

Grambling does not do anything for free.

Re: Re: O.K.

Legend you are probably the only one representing the GSU BAND that i can actually have a discussion with. when i was in shereveport earlier this year it was a large amount of GSU people at the game, so i know yall have some good fans. but when it comes to band at PV and even TSU you never here a TSU person putting down their own band or a PV person putting down their own band. and the thing about PV not doing the battle of the bands that morning, why should they?? GRAMBLING gets paid to do it and we don't..so if PV threw a battle of the bands how much would GRAMBLING charge because you guys believe in getting paid..
I really can't answer these questions at this time but,...I will look into this "gettin' paid for performance" situation and give you a concrete answer. The students are here to get an education. Most of the students barely have enough money to pay their tuition therefore, it is rediculous for them to pay for anything while on the road represent the university when the administration is to cheap to pick up the tab. The BOTB in Dallas is a recruitment tool for the band and if we have the alumni chapter and the high school bandbooster club sponsoring the event,...I'm pretty sure the expenses they cover only covers travel and food as it should be. I don't think we are pocketing anything on the side but,...I will talk to someone I know who knows about the business aspects of this band and get back to you.

I also see your point of view concerning P.V. I don't think we are gettin' paid like you think. An event of this sort is not about gettin' paid but, rather marketing your university and band for the next generation of bandsmen. Nobody is going to come to your school if your program is not marketed. It's a good marketing opportunity that PV should capitalize on. I'm sure they have their methods but, you don't know who you might inspire at performances of this sort.

we were going to do it one year, but i believe the GROCERY STORE or BUS STATION came calling with some money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What was this statement made for??

Quietstorm asked why PV doesn't perform at that BOTB and he was answered.

Not exactly sure what that means, but we have never invited PV to particpate in our BOTB...I mean after all, it is a GSU alumni event focused on recruitment for GSU.

Re: Re: Re: O.K.

Originally posted by Legend35
The BOTB in Dallas is a recruitment tool for the band and if we have the alumni chapter and the high school bandbooster club sponsoring the event,...I'm pretty sure the expenses they cover only covers travel and food as it should be. I don't think we are pocketing anything on the side.

Your right, this is a recruitment tool for the band and the university as a whole. And to be honest with you, we do not pay any travel costs or food expensis for the band. Keep in mind those costs have already been taken care of by the State Fair Classic promotors for the game. We are a non-profit orgranization operating in the best interest of Grambling. The money we make goes back to Grambling so there was no need for us to pay the band to play at the BOTB, because the band and university benefits from that event.

Not exactly sure what that means, but we have never invited PV to particpate in our BOTB...I mean after all, it is a GSU alumni event focused on recruitment for GSU.

okay if you say so..we were going one year to the morning BOTB and we did not go after all..why would anyone lie about that.

okay if you say so..we were going one year to the morning BOTB and we did not go after all..why would anyone lie about that.

I think I know what you are talking about, but that was not our BOTB, it was sponsored by another group. That BOTB was held at Forrester Field. Ours was held at Sprague Stadium.

That was the year we temporarily parted ways with the SOC band parents due to some money issues, so they decided to hold there own BOTB that same day. Both events were a flop because the local high school bands didn't know which show to participate in. Both of the events were a flop.

I think I know what you are talking about, but that was not our BOTB, it was sponsored by another group. That BOTB was held at Forrester Field. Ours was held at Sprague Stadium.

That was the year we temporarily parted ways with the SOC band parents due to some money issues, so they decided to hold there own BOTB that same day. Both events were a flop because the local high school bands didn't know which show to participate in. Both of the events were a flop.

I remember that year.

Back