A&M you made it interesting...

Timbuktu Jag

Return to Dominance
The Jags tried real hard to give you guys the game. Just call us fortunate. We give the ball up 6 times, yet still manage to win. Dawgs, don't hang your head at being 1-4, we were there last year and we finished 5-1. The Miles, Morris Browns are coming up on the schedule...

You fought well tonite, it was a somewhat sloppy game... but it be's that way some time.

Ya have played a good first half in every game but one. You were tied at the half against, TnSU, TxSU, JSU and had the lead tonite against the Jags. The second half has been your achilles heel. Other than the 2 TDs against TxSU, you have not made the plays in the second half. It's a game of two half, matter of fact the second half is more important than the first.

I agree with your assessment.

Second half of games have really been terrible. After Gunn went down it was over for the offense. Cooper should have put Wilson in the game instead of Harris. Wilson has more experience in situations like this. (Meaning tight games.)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I beg to differ Mike

Wilson has been here for three years and is still the 3rd string quarterback. Like Bobby Bowden said "If I am going to lose, I would rather do with freshmen"

I'll tell ya one thing WBishop3.

If we had Wilson in the game with the arm and speed he has. We could have easily went down the field and won instead of throwing an interception. I've seen Wilson play just like you have. He has the ability to be a better player than he is. We just never gave him an honest chance to be a team player.

Harris was really ineffective with the passing game. I stood there and watched him throw that interception and I looked at his eyes. He got rid of the ball because he was trying to force it. Not because the man was open. We didn't need to force the ball we still had two downs.

I'll leave that alone. I hope he learned from this and won't do it again.

I will agree on one thing Mike,
Wilson is the most athletic quarterback. However, Harris has a combination of both smarts and ability, but to put in the game at that moment and expect his to be Joe Montana is a little too much. In time he will be a good one

WB!

Read the paper, Bruh! Cooper said it, too. I'm not gonna lead ya wrong. Just go think back to how the kid played last year in a back-up status. He doesn't throw the ball away as much, but he will tuck it and run a MOFO over with his big ass! :emlaugh:

Plus he can take a hit and he can give one.

Do you know anything about being a quarterback? It takes more than just athletic ability. Yeah Coop said that Jake was the most athletic, but anyone knows that he does not always make the right decisions or for that matter grasp the plays. Did you know that Coop also said that the reason Jake did not play much last year is because he never was able to grasp the play book and make the right read. Having the speed or the arm doesn't mean much if you do not have the smarts.

WB

If you have a player with those abilities, what is the coaches job? Do you know what the coach purpose is on the field. You make plays cater to your strengths.

Hymes is nowhere near a great QB but Doug has made that offense work with what he has. You can't debate me about this. I've proven this before, but you just weren't around when I did. Also, if Wilson is not mentally grasping the offense. He had no problem doing it when he was on the field last year.

Bishop go to the feedback forum and ask for permission to enter the Dawgpound! I know who you are and will vouche for you.

The Bottom Line IS...............

...........We need a complete game from the entire OFFENSE...

Regardless of the reason.........WE ARE NOT GETTING IT DONE ON OFFENSE PERIOD!!!.:redhot:

Why are we having to depend on advanced High School Seniors to get the job done?? If someone is injured......where are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers? Where are the ATHLETES that you can place at just about any position and still win?
:redhot:

Back