A&M has "so many questions to answer" . . .

All I know is that this is sad. I mean I was about to gag and tell DaHill and Deuce to get a room but MACBFAC ruined a good thread nontheless.

Updated: Saturday, November 8, 2003 6:31 PM EST NCAA FOOTBALL BOX SCORE
Box Score | Today's Scoreboard

Jackson St 14, Alabama A&M 49

1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL

Jackson St 0 0 7 7 14
Alabama A&M 16 20 6 7 49

Team Statistics
Jackson St Alabama A&M
First downs 10 20
Rushed-yards 24-15 38-257
Passing yards 144 228
Sacked-yds 5-35 0-0
Return yards 77 63
Passes 14-32-2 12-21-2
Punts 5-36 1-18
Fumbles-lost 0-0 0-0
Penalties-yards 4-37 6-35
Time of possession 32:00 28:00

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
tsutiger,

Yes, I do believe he will surpass Bruce Eugene next year. You have to remember, that Eugen had been in Grambling's system for years. Tavaris Jackson transferred to ASU last January, then went through a chaotic eight months culminating in the suspensioin, and ultimate firing of his head coach and offensive coordinator.

I don't know if Spears will still be calling the plays at Grambling next year or not. I doubt it, but it won't matter. With a year under his belt Tavaris Jackson can be just as good or better. Things have settled down a bit at ASU (for now :emlaugh: ), and Jackson has had time to absorb the offense, unlike last year.

Kent is gone, (not that it mattered :emlaugh: ), Richard is gone and Carrie ain't the one.

Here's last years stats.

NAME G ATT COM PCT YDS YDS/ATT YDS/G INT TD TEAM
1. Bruce Eugene 12 528 285 54.0 3807 7.2 317.3 13 34 Grambling
2. Quincy Richard 13 389 256 65.8 3427 8.8 263.6 15 33 Southern
3. Donald Carrie 12 339 181 53.4 2826 8.3 235.5 18 24 Alcorn St.
4. Robert Kent 13 361 184 51.0 2273 6.3 174.8 14 15 Jackson St.
5. Tarvaris Jackson 13 261 135 51.7 1984 7.6 152.6 9 18 Alabama St.
6. Johnny Keith 11 208 103 49.5 1543 7.4 140.3 7 9 Alabama A&M
7. John Pierce 11 236 98 41.5 1359 5.8 123.5 11 12 Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Passing Efficiency
NAME ATT PCT YD INT TD RATING TEAM
1. Quincy Richard 389 65.8 3427 15 33 160.1 Southern
2. Donald Carrie 339 53.4 2826 18 24 136.2 Alcorn St.
3. Tarvaris Jackson 261 51.7 1984 9 18 131.4 Alabama St.
4. Bruce Eugene 528 54.0 3807 13 34 130.9 Grambling
5. Johnny Keith 208 49.5 1543 7 9 119.4 Alabama A&M
6. Robert Kent 361 51.0 2273 14 15 109.8 Jackson St.
7. John Pierce 236 41.5 1359 11 12 97.4 Arkansas-Pine Bluff

Originally posted by DAHILL
Bama States running back is the truth... I was impressed both times I saw him play this past year..
Good thing you didn't see him against Grambling. I think he rushed for a whopping 5 yards on 7 carries. But against an average run defense he can do well. He just doesn't have the horses to make the holes. Every yard he gains, he earns.

Originally posted by Deuce
tsutiger,
Yes, I do believe he will surpass Bruce Eugene next year. You have to remember, that Eugen had been in Grambling's system for years. Tavaris Jackson transferred to ASU last January, then went through a chaotic eight months culminating in the suspensioin, and ultimate firing of his head coach and offensive coordinator.

I don't know if Spears will still be calling the plays at Grambling next year or not. I doubt it, but it won't matter. With a year under his belt Tavaris Jackson can be just as good or better. Things have settled down a bit at ASU (for now :emlaugh: ), and Jackson has had time to absorb the offense, unlike last year.

Remember that Eugene will be in Grambling system for another year. With 3 or 4 receivers that have been in that same system with Eugene. Do you really think that Spears is going to change a system that he help create to a degree that Eugene's strenghts won't be utilized. This is Grambling. Bama will be homecoming bait as usual.

Originally posted by DAHILL
Updated: Saturday, November 8, 2003 6:31 PM EST NCAA FOOTBALL BOX SCORE
Box Score | Today's Scoreboard

Jackson St 14, Alabama A&M 49

1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL

Jackson St 0 0 7 7 14
Alabama A&M 16 20 6 7 49

Team Statistics
Jackson St Alabama A&M
First downs 10 20
Rushed-yards 24-15 38-257
Passing yards 144 228
Sacked-yds 5-35 0-0
Return yards 77 63
Passes 14-32-2 12-21-2
Punts 5-36 1-18
Fumbles-lost 0-0 0-0
Penalties-yards 4-37 6-35
Time of possession 32:00 28:00
:lmao:

Originally posted by MACK OF THE SWAC

. . . Remember that Eugene will be in Grambling system for another year.

. . . Do you really think that Spears is going to change a system that he help create to a degree that Eugene's strenghts won't be utilized.

Eugene is very good, but he is as good as he is going to get, while Tavaris will be improving with time and experience. That was my point.

Also, I never said that Spears would change the offense, I said that he probably would not be "calling the plays". There's a difference.

Eugene is very good, but he is as good as he is going to get, while Tavaris will be improving with time and experience. That was my point.

I understand school loyalty but this is ridicules. TJ is not in Eugene's league.

JROCK,

You saw an injured Tavaris Jackson in Baton Rouge, and a group of receivers who could not hold on to the ball in the SCG. If you saw the MCC, then you saw his only truly bad game.

Remember, TJ is for all practical purposes, a freshman.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by JROCK
I understand school loyalty but this is ridicules. TJ is not in Eugene's league.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong we saw how Richard played when healthy but I don't see T. Jackson duplicating a Richard like year to even come close to being as good as Big Bruce is. Plus Spears will probably turn Bruce loose in his Sr year. And if that kid loses weight then it will be really on. One thing I will say is Bama State's RB will be the one who pushes Eugene for the Offensive MVP. That kid is the truth. Hell Jackson don't have to do much if you ask me. Run that RB to set up the pass is what Bama St should do,

But by far Bruce is the best QB returning in the SWAC. Carrie is second at this point.

I actually expect some surprises next year. I think folks better not overlook Thomas Ricks at SU. Big athletic 6'4 kid with better mechanics than Richard. Quick release with a canon arm. Plus he has veteran OL blocking for him and a good running game. It will be interesting to say the least. It is always fun to speculate at this stage. Who knows what really will happen once the season starts.

Originally posted by JR
It is always fun to speculate at this stage. Who knows what really will happen once the season starts.

I can live with that statement, but I stand by my projection that TJ will surpass all QB's statistically in 2004.

Deuce,

You cant be for real. Does this thread need to be moved to the smack page? TJ is a medicre QB at best and might not be the best QB on his own team, yet you are saying that he might be better than Bruce?

Sheeesh...

That doesn't mean he will better that Bruce. You are acting as if Bruce doesn't have another year on a veteran team.

BTW....Bruce is not as good as he can get.

Originally posted by Get Ready
TJ is a medicre QB at best and might not be the best QB on his own team, yet you are saying that he might be better than Bruce?

GR,

I'm not sure if you meant to type "mediocre" or "midicare", but since TJ is only about 20 years old, I will assume you meant mediocre. Having said that, I must disagree.

The SWAC hasn't seen the real TJ yet. As I have said before, with time and stability in the program, this young man will rule the SWAC, both with his feet and his arm, just like big Bruce has been doing.

I had the opportunity of seeing TJ play in two games against SU and I wasn't impressed. I will agree he was injured in the first game but I contend that the back-up has much better mechanics than TJ and if it wasn't for some batted balls he wouldn't of thrown an INT. I saw a tendency with TJ to miss his reads (too quick to run) and throw the ball high which ended up being intercepted. From what I have seen the back-up QB seems to have more potential.

Deuce

I meant mediocre....The kid is not THAT good...at all. There is a reason he didnt see the field at Arkansas. But you like him, I love him. That other kid is much better than Jackson.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Mach, what football knowledge are you basing this on??? :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

If I laugh at this funny statement, would that be considered smack? OK...I wont laugh...Ill say something thought provoking.

interesting....

Back