A Little NFL QB Talk: Fitzmagic or Winston

Sometimes you just have to go with the "hot" QB at the time. If Fitz was struggling, THEN bench him, but he's not.
This reminds me a few years ago when the Vikings had Culpepper on the injured list for the first six games of the season and was 6-0 when he came off the injured list.
During that time, Moss was catching TD's left and right and the offense was clicking.
When Culpepper came back, the offense tanked and the team ended up not making the playoffs after a 6-0 start.

Sometimes you just have to go with the "hot" QB at the time. If Fitz was struggling, THEN bench him, but he's not.
This reminds me a few years ago when the Vikings had Culpepper on the injured list for the first six games of the season and was 6-0 when he came off the injured list.
During that time, Moss was catching TD's left and right and the offense was clicking.
When Culpepper came back, the offense tanked and the team ended up not making the playoffs after a 6-0 start.
Which season was this? Culpepper usually started seasons but got injured midway.

Which season was this? Culpepper usually started seasons but got injured midway.
2003 or 04 season. I think Gus Frerotte was the backup at the time. Culpepper was on the injured list at the time and the team was 6-0. All the Vikings had to do to make the playoffs was beat the Bears the last game. They ended up losing and not making the playoffs.

2003 or 04 season. I think Gus Frerotte was the backup at the time. Culpepper was on the injured list at the time and the team was 6-0. All the Vikings had to do to make the playoffs was beat the Bears the last game. They ended up losing and not making the playoffs.

That was 2003. Minnesota lost the last game of the season to Arizona on the last play in regulation.

Back