A Letter from Dr. Ronald Mason regarding Southern University position

Interim President named at Jackson State

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100521/NEWS/5210343/Interim+chief+named+at+Jackson+State

Retired professor Leslie Burl McLemore appointed to post
From staff and wire reports • May 21, 2010

New Jackson State University interim President Leslie Burl McLemore said the appointment satisfies a desire that dates to nearly 20 years ago to be the university's leader.

The state College Board on Thursday chose McLemore, a retired professor, to serve as interim president after President Ronald Mason Jr. departs at the end of June.

Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds said he recommended McLemore because of his management skills.

McLemore, 69, has worked at JSU for 39 years, serving as a political science professor, dean of the graduate school and director of the office of research administration.

McLemore retired from JSU in 2009, but he's the director of the Fannie Lou Hamer National Institute on Citizenship and Democracy, which is housed on the campus.

"I've been blessed to know the campus and I've been involved with the faculty and students for a number of years," McLemore said. "JSU essentially trained me. My professional career was developed at JSU."

In 1992, McLemore applied for the JSU president vacancy, but the position went to James Lyons.

"I thought I could provide the innovation, the creativeness and the leadership the campus needed 20 years ago," he said.

Re: Interim President named at Jackson State

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100521/NEWS/5210343/Interim+chief+named+at+Jackson+State

Retired professor Leslie Burl McLemore appointed to post
From staff and wire reports • May 21, 2010

New Jackson State University interim President Leslie Burl McLemore said the appointment satisfies a desire that dates to nearly 20 years ago to be the university's leader.

The state College Board on Thursday chose McLemore, a retired professor, to serve as interim president after President Ronald Mason Jr. departs at the end of June.

Higher Education Commissioner Hank Bounds said he recommended McLemore because of his management skills.

McLemore, 69, has worked at JSU for 39 years, serving as a political science professor, dean of the graduate school and director of the office of research administration.

McLemore retired from JSU in 2009, but he's the director of the Fannie Lou Hamer National Institute on Citizenship and Democracy, which is housed on the campus.

"I've been blessed to know the campus and I've been involved with the faculty and students for a number of years," McLemore said. "JSU essentially trained me. My professional career was developed at JSU."

In 1992, McLemore applied for the JSU president vacancy, but the position went to James Lyons.

"I thought I could provide the innovation, the creativeness and the leadership the campus needed 20 years ago," he said.

OK.
Now I want to see the candidates for PRESIDENT of JSU.

Here is a mugshot of the famous Alice Harden:

Alice_harden_LM.jpg

Ok, here's a better picture.

harden.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh hell no. :lol:
Nothing would get done at JSU if a President came from that click.
We would slide back to the days of Back Slapping Click Driven Heffner all over again. :smh:

Back