5 YEAR OLD HANDCUFFED

JagBR

This kid was hard to handled!

www.aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?

? Five-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed
Top News:

Updated: 02:58 PM EST
Police Handcuff, Arrest 5-Year-Old Girl
'I Don't Want to Go to Jail,' Says Young Student

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 18) - A 5-year-old girl was arrested, cuffed and put in back of a police cruiser after an outburst at school where she threw books and boxes, kicked a teacher in the shins, smashed a candy dish, hit an assistant principal in the stomach and drew on the walls.

The students were counting jelly beans as part of a math exercise at Fairmount Park Elementary School when the little girl began acting silly. That's when her teacher took away her jelly beans, outraging the chi

Minutes later, the 40-pound girl was in the back of a police cruiser, under arrest for battery. Her hands were bound with plastic ties, her ankles in handcuffs.

"I don't want to go to jail," she said moments after her arrest Monday.

No charges were filed and the girl went home with her mother.

While police say their actions were proper, school officials were not pleased with the outcome.

"We never want to have 5-year-old children arrested," said Michael Bessette, the district's Area III superintendent.

The district's campus police should have been called to help and not local police, he said.

Bessette said campus police routinely deal with children and are trained to calm them in such situations.

Under the district's code of student conduct, students are to be suspended for 10 days and recommended for expulsion for unprovoked attacks, even if they don't result in serious injury. But district spokesman Ron Stone said that rule wouldn't apply to kindergartners.

"She's been appropriately disciplined under the circumstances," he said.

The girl's mother, Inda Akins, said she is consulting an attorney.

"She's never going back to that school," Akins said. "They set my b

JagBR said:
This kid was hard to handled!

www.aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?

? Five-Year-Old Girl Handcuffed
Top News:

Updated: 02:58 PM EST
Police Handcuff, Arrest 5-Year-Old Girl
'I Don't Want to Go to Jail,' Says Young Student

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 18) - A 5-year-old girl was arrested, cuffed and put in back of a police cruiser after an outburst at school where she threw books and boxes, kicked a teacher in the shins, smashed a candy dish, hit an assistant principal in the stomach and drew on the walls.

The students were counting jelly beans as part of a math exercise at Fairmount Park Elementary School when the little girl began acting silly. That's when her teacher took away her jelly beans, outraging the chi

Minutes later, the 40-pound girl was in the back of a police cruiser, under arrest for battery. Her hands were bound with plastic ties, her ankles in handcuffs.

"I don't want to go to jail," she said moments after her arrest Monday.

No charges were filed and the girl went home with her mother.

While police say their actions were proper, school officials were not pleased with the outcome.

"We never want to have 5-year-old children arrested," said Michael Bessette, the district's Area III superintendent.

The district's campus police should have been called to help and not local police, he said.

Bessette said campus police routinely deal with children and are trained to calm them in such situations.

Under the district's code of student conduct, students are to be suspended for 10 days and recommended for expulsion for unprovoked attacks, even if they don't result in serious injury. But district spokesman Ron Stone said that rule wouldn't apply to kindergartners.

"She's been appropriately disciplined under the circumstances," he said.

The girl's mother, Inda Akins, said she is consulting an attorney.

"She's never going back to that school," Akins said. "They set my b

that happenned to me when I was 13

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
OK this is a bit over the top. The did not have to put handcuffs on a 5 year old girl. You don't need handcuffs to get a 5 yo under control.

cat daddy said:
OK this is a bit over the top. The did not have to put handcuffs on a 5 year old girl. You don't need handcuffs to get a 5 yo under control.

Agreed. I have to give to the teachers all over though. They don't know WHAT to do with children. No matter if you talk roughly, restrain them or call the police, parents aren't happy. I imagine therapy will be in her future...

Ah...Dahill, what in the world did you do? :look:

Back in my day, the teacher and principal would have slapped me upside the head. Kicking a teacher and hitting the principal goes above and beyond. I think they had every right to restrain the little monster.

JagBR said:
A 5-year-old girl was arrested, cuffed and put in back of a police cruiser after an outburst at school where she threw books and boxes, kicked a teacher in the shins, smashed a candy dish, hit an assistant principal in the stomach and drew on the walls.

NASTYNUPE said:
Back in my day, the teacher and principal would have slapped me upside the head. Kicking a teacher and hitting the principal goes above and beyond. I think they had every right to restrain the little monster.

big co-sign, the teachers shouldn't have to suffer because parents don't raise their children......lock'em up if they are uncontrollable. time out's don't work and i'll be damned is a 5yr old kick my arse.

Hell Naw..........
That lil' heffa woulda got punched in the Throat for acting out like that :slap: :slap:

Y'all know the law says, "Don't touch these little Princes & Princesses.....Do & you'll go to jail." It's really sad. You whip her - you get sued; you handcuff her - you get sued. Meanwhile, she gets to wreck shop, hit people & act like a run-a-way freight train. :smh:

Some people respond with thier hearts. My sister teaches at an elemetary school, and they have had an incident similar to this. The bottom line is after a kid has lost control and hits the teacher and the principle, there is little else to do. How long so you stand there trying to hold a child that thinks they have the right to hit you and knows you can't/won't do anything back.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back