3 to interview for Jackson State OC position

Re: 3 to interview for OC position

And if this guy comes back to hurt you all this fall on kick off returns or punts, then you all will be wishing you had recruited him.
SU has WR on top of WR's. Skill players are plentiful in the boot. We already have all SWAC caliber kick returners.

And if this guy comes back to hurt you all this fall on kick off returns or punts, then you all will be wishing you had recruited him.

Our kick return game was great last season. It was the kickers that suck. We have good fast return men. Virgil has 2 years left.

So you left for Baton Rouge? :lol:

BR and Jackson are one in the same pretty much. Not much difference in the population, demographics, crime rate, etc.

It wasn't about the cities. SU campus life back then was off the chain. Plus they had Engineering/ Physics and NROTC. The Jukebox was the clincher.

My point was that even had I not chosen SU. I was leaving the hometown regardless. Just didn't want to go to any of the State schools is all.

It wasn't about the cities. SU campus life back then was off the chain. Plus they had Engineering/ Physics and NROTC. The Jukebox was the clincher.

My point was that even had I not chosen SU. I was leaving the hometown regardless. Just didn't want to go to any of the State schools is all.
Cosign.

Well, I just hope it works and does not turn into mass chaos. At least for Mullen and staff, they are going into places with top notch communication equipment. And I STILL don't have clarity on who calls the plays and who gets final say. Do they alternate series? Work together on every play. I just don't understand the logistics of such an arrangement when they two want to run a different play.

Most of the work is done with the gameplanning during the week. The gameday playsheet should be ready by wednsday. As the situations come up, u just call plays accordingly. As long as all coaches do their jobs righand the appropriate adjustments are made then all should go smooth

Most of the work is done with the gameplanning during the week. The gameday playsheet should be ready by wednsday. As the situations come up, u just call plays accordingly. As long as all coaches do their jobs right and the appropriate adjustments are made then all should go smooth
That all!! I have some real cheep swamp land for you also.

That all!! I have some real cheep swamp land for you also.

Im speaking as some who has been in the offensive coordinator's chair. Its a process. Everybody has to do they part. In college its like this.
Sunday is a film day and rough draft of the gameplan and practice plan
Monday is off for the players. Coaches finish up film and put the gameplan into situations. Players watch film and get scouting reports.
Tuesday is a good solid practice. Go over 1st and 2nd down offense.
Wednsday has to be great. 3rd down, short yard and goal line go in. try to get in some live action with the defense. Finalize gameplan.
Thursday needs to be perfect. Trick plays and special situations. 2 min,etc.
Friday should not have any flaws. Walk through it all.
Saturday is gameday and its all about adjustments.

Back