3 killed in racially-motivated shooting at Dollar General store in Jacksonville, sheriff says

Olde Hornet

Three people were killed in a shooting Saturday afternoon at a Dollar General store in Jacksonville, Florida, that authorities said was racially motivated. The suspect died by suicide, authorities said.

In a news conference Saturday evening, Jacksonville Sheriff T.K. Waters said that the suspect, described as White man in his early 20s, entered a Dollar Store just after 1 p.m. and opened fire, killing three people. All the victims were Black, Waters said.

"He targeted a certain group of people, and that's Black people," Waters said.

The suspect then died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Waters disclosed. His name was not immediately released.

No one else was wounded in the shooting. The victims, two males and a female, were not immediately identified.

The suspect was wearing a tactical vest and mask and was armed with a Glock and an AR-15-style rifle, Waters said. There were also swastikas on the guns, he added.

In the news conference, Jacksonville Mayor Donna Deegan called the shooting a "hate-filled crime."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I told yall long ago this is gonna be their new Jim Crow type activity. Black areas are gonna get targeted... let that fool actually have to go to jail in ATL. I'd rather him be anywhere but here to be real because his loonies are gonna be even worse if he actually goes to jail. Trump is those folks God.

Just like Dylan Roof. White males are cowards. They go to places where folks aren't going to battle them. College campus and Dollar General. How many real hood areas did he drive by? You know why he didn't go? He knew they would shoot back. Cowards just like his ancestors!

He originally targeted Edward Waters

View: https://twitter.com/ewctigers/status/1695600786095346026

View: https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1695684693985992892

View: https://twitter.com/thehbcupulse/status/1695594517536162114

I don't think HBCUs are doing enough to protect students from a white supremacist mass shooter...HBCUs need to read the room.

Just like Dylan Roof. White males are cowards. They go to places where folks aren't going to battle them. College campus and Dollar General. How many real hood areas did he drive by? You know why he didn't go? He knew they would shoot back. Cowards just like his ancestors!

Soft targets. Church. Grocery store (Buffalo). Dollar General

I just said something similar on Facebook. HBCUs in red states definitely should be on alert with Homecoming season around the corner. 5-50k people in one place is a prime target for attacks like this
Let me go even further.....I DON'T THINK PWI'S(especially those in red states) are doing enough to protect their black students from a mass shooting by a Maga Supporter white supremacist.....

At this point no one is doing enough because for the most part it's seen as normal culture. It shouldn't be, but it is. If you've ever been overseas, you know that a lot of countries actually issue warnings to their citizens about coming here because of the gun violence.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Desantis went to the vigil for the photo op and rightfully got booed. But of course the Black councilwoman had to come in with her cape.

This is why she did it....

That area is 71% WHITE.
Most are high school grads ONLY
$38K-60K income

If she wants to move up in that state-guess what she does.

“It’s ain’t about parties today.” Is what she said. The shooter went to a HBCU to kill folks.

A school with about 2000 kids. Not the Jacksonville or North Florida University-who have more black kids.

This is a governor who has done nothing but fan these types of happenings throughout our state. Look, at the end of the day, the governor has blood on his hands. He has had an attack, an all-out attack, on the black community with his anti-woke policies, which we know very well was nothing more than a dog whistle to get folks up and riled up in the way in which it just happened yesterday.

This is what this was about. WHO is riling up folks to act out like this? That is what she does not understand.

If he was successful in killing black students on an hbcu campus I believe there would have been protest all over the country....Desantis is anti-hbcu

Back