2024 Football schedules

Personally I like valley schedule. It's not a padded schedule like the majority of the SWAC. One more home game and it would've been perfect
I'm not trying to be funny, but out of all of these schools that scheduled 2 D2's at home to start this year, there's probably not another team that could've benefit from that more than Valley. Going into a PWC and winning in football still really isn't all that common.. yet.

I'm not trying to be funny, but out of all of these schools that scheduled 2 D2's at home to start this year, there's probably not another team that could've benefit from that more than Valley. Going into a PWC and winning in football still really isn't all that common.. yet.
I have said this for 20 yrs as it relates to valley. They need to schedule HOME AND HOME with the SIAC and Gulf South. They need to develop a culture of winning. Do a home and home with Miles, Tuskegee, Morehouse, Kentucky State, Clark-Atlanta, Fort Valley, Mississippi College, Delta State, Valdosta State, West Alabama, West Florida, etc...

I have said this for 20 yrs as it relates to valley. They need to schedule HOME AND HOME with the SIAC and Gulf South. They need to develop a culture of winning. Do a home and home with Miles, Tuskegee, Morehouse, Kentucky State, Clark-Atlanta, Fort Valley, Mississippi College, Delta State, Valdosta State, West Alabama, West Florida, etc...
No they need to move down to D2 where they can possibly compete (and no Im not “smacking“…

No they need to move down to D2 where they can possibly compete (and no Im not “smacking“…
I didnt wanna say that... LOL
IJS, if they want to stay FCS, nothing is wrong with playing all D2 teams OOC. They are not even guaranteed to beat those D2 teams but it AT LEAST gives them a fair chance. If they lose to Shorter University or Miles, that's on them. BUT in a 11 game season, if they can beat 3 D2s they are halfway to a winning season.

Personally I like valley schedule. It's not a padded schedule like the majority of the SWAC. One more home game and it would've been perfect

We knew Valley was playing its first 3 on the road in December (all FCS money games). Didn't know this was a 12 game season until I saw we were playing TSU in the JMC (also a money game due to a payout received by TSU due to a cancelation)

Didn't know so many people cared so much about Valley's schedule when we played 4 home games last year as well. At least we are getting paid for all 4 and a 2nd year near 60 scholarships.

Plus it's still better than a D2 and a SWAC school as an OOC opponent

Kickoff times for all games on JSU's schedule will be announced at a later date.

Season ticket and season parking reservation renewal sales will begin on February 1.

Season tickets can be purchased online at gojsutigers.com/tickets, in person at the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium Box Office Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., via phone at 601-354-6021 or 601-979-2420, or by email at jsuticketoffice@jsums.edu.

For more information, call 601-354-6021.

Last edited:

Yall scheduled TAMU Commerce for homecoming? 🧐
"Staff" and "athletic director" believe we have a team which can compete w/ the best of the best of tx fcs. I chuckled when I heard the phrase "when the team gets off the bus, they will LOOK like a real football team."

They certainly targeted decently well in their recruiting, but we'll see what's what when the rubber hits the road. Certainly are a bunch of really big, fast, allegedly tough guys.

Hand us the SWAC West crown already. We're ahead of the curve.

UAPB - changes
sTu - changes
GSU - changes
SU - changes
Alcorn St - changes
PV - consistent + improved

Last edited:
Back