2024 football off season prep.

Polecat561

So what does your program/team need?
Well, two things stood out for me. We obviously need a QB and an offensive identity. Also, I've heard we need O lineman. We are going to be very tough on defense next year. Just need complementary football on the offensive side. Thoughts?

Valley would have had at least 6 wins if we even had a serviceable offense

Only scored over 10 points against D1 teams 3 times (and lost to a D2 team even when we did score 21 points)

Defense in the last 6 games allowed 17, 21, 24, 20, 20 and 23 (AAMU defense scored on a fumble recovery). That should make you a lot more competitive but not counting the UAPB game, our offense scored 7,3,7,7 and 21 in the last 5 games. Defense really only needs a DL who can sack the QB. DBs lead the team in Sacks

If you are gonna keep #15 at QB, go out and get an experienced OC and not someone learning on the job. I would hope Wade would consider getting a QB out the portal to act as a bridge because if 2024 is like 2023, there will be no grace period sticking with a subpar offense

Edit: Saw they offered a JUCO QB so someone is paying attention (although we need QB depth anyway)

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Valley would have had at least 6 wins if we even had a serviceable offense

Only scored over 10 points against D1 teams twice

Defense in the last 6 games allowed 17, 21, 24, 20, 20 and 23 (AAMU defense scored on a fumble recovery). Not counting the UAPB game, our offense scored 7,3,7,7 and 21. That should make you a lot more competitive. Defense really only needs DL who can sack the QB. DBs lead the team in Sacks

If you are gonna keep #15 at QB, go out and get an experienced OC and not someone learning on the job. I would hope Wade would consider getting a QB out the portal to act as a bridge because if 2024 is like 2023, there will be no grace period sticking with a subpar offense

Mark Frederick is a helluva OC and would love to come back home to Mississippi. I think yall should make a strong push to hire him... PLEASE! ;)

Fire Hue Jackson and company….im tired of that negro………dancing in the videos…losing…..kick his ass off GSU’s campus.
suge knight all in the video GIF

Yeah. The Hue experiment is pretty much done.

In a sense, Hue and Dooley hires were responses to Deion Sanders

Bulldogs need a lot to get back in the thick of things next season:

QB - If Maynor can't find a guy to get it done he's cooked
WR - Need guys who can create separation and are reliable
OL - Losing a ton of experience up front
DL - Need difference makers at DT and have to replace Hayes on the edge
CB - Got to recruit corners who are comfortable playing man 70% of the game...too many busted coverages this past season

We need an offensive coordinator - someone that has schemes to throw the ball (of course you have to recruit talent to do so) and one that feels that having a small lead is not a good thing to rest your laurels. I want to see points on the board from the offense, not just depending on the defense and special teams for scoring in every game.

So what does your program/team need?
Well, two things stood out for me. We obviously need a QB and an offensive identity. Also, I've heard we need O lineman. We are going to be very tough on defense next year. Just need complementary football on the offensive side. Thoughts?
1. Clear the stench from OC "let's get off the gas" Marsh.
2. New head coach who wants to win and bring in a positive culture of winning.
3. Utilize the new weight room correctly.
4. Nutrition.
5. Offensive line.
6. Whatever any large FBS d1 school has for recovery, we need to have it on our own scale.
7. A DC who sees the mistakes in a 3 man front.

We need an offensive coordinator - someone that has schemes to throw the ball (of course you have to recruit talent to do so) and one that feels that having a small lead is not a good thing to rest your laurels. I want to see points on the board from the offense, not just depending on the defense and special teams for scoring in every game.

If yall open up that offense just a little bit, yall could win it all next year

The only reason I thought we could possibly beat yall was knowing that yall probably would only score 21 points and lean on the defense

Valley did the same thing but without a serviceable offense

Last edited:
kinda hard to know what anyone will need with the transfer portal. the ones who performed well and gave schools stability at a position will be the ones getting the offers to move to a different situation. so a school that was previously solid at LB, for example, might end up needing to replace players at that position.

I don't think the offense (exclude defensive and special teams) has scored 21 points in a game all season.

I don't think the offense (exclude defensive and special teams) has scored 21 points in a game all season.
I would have said 14 points. Most of the offense scores came on the back of turnovers caused by the defense. We moved the ball to the red zone or near it, then collapse. Even when the defense gave the offense in or near the red zone, the offense failed to deliver. The other offense issue is the failure to consistently hike the ball when attempting a field goal.

kinda hard to know what anyone will need with the transfer portal. the ones who performed well and gave schools stability at a position will be the ones getting the offers to move to a different situation. so a school that was previously solid at LB, for example, might end up needing to replace players at that position.

None of you all had players that performed well so that wont be an issue.

Valley fans are the best.
As for JSU, all we have to do is let TC work and it shall be written.
Who got it better than us?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man. I aint gone lie, i thought folks were just smacking about how bad of a coach Dooley was until i watched like 3 of yall games.
Mane bruh. I never saw a team get progressively worse as the season went on like what I saw with Southern … while having a coach constantly gaslighting the fanbase in the process

You can’t sell yourself as this kind of offensive guru and have 20-something games of lackluster offense and not beating a team that came into the game with a winning record.

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

North Carolina Central

Invest in depth at all positions
Improve the defense with special attention to the DL and LB core. Need better size on that DL.
Have a backup QB that you believe in, as I believe having Davius Richard come back into the game after the injury was a mistake.

Back