2023 Celebration Bowl - Florida A&M vs Howard Game Updates: 11:00 CT

Everyday there are people who commit crimes on camera and say it wasn't them. The prison system is full of them too
This is true because I've had some clients in the camera ON a crime like 😐...and NEVER come to grips that they did it. Sitting on TDCJ bus going to new home like 😐 too

Lesson taught by FAMU...like I said:
Disciplined defense, solid offense. You need to open up your offense and pass on them or you better have a huge running game on them. Rotate those backs. Defensively you will not stop their offense just trying to contain them and if you didn't hit the weights they will run right through your noodle arm strategy...and now look like I said and someone out on smackboard- wicks n gold teeth on every corner of the D1 hbcu football world. I JUST saw somebody down here in a long sleeve FAMU sweater with a big ol gold chain, dreadlocks and Bermuda shorts. We did this to ourselves. Florida level of petty is here, everyone will have at least one Zoe at Christmas dinner.

We the Champs!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1702777762377.jpg
    FB_IMG_1702777762377.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 3

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well, we are the champions and whipped every HBCU we played. That’s 12 HBCU’s that got beat by a well balanced football team. We are reloading and plan to repeat. 👍🏽

Well, we are the champions and whipped every HBCU we played. That’s 12 HBCU’s that got beat by a well balanced football team. We are reloading and plan to repeat. 👍🏽

Props to FAMU. A 12-1 season from any FCS is always an amazing season.

As much as I hate it, I called it in the beginning of the year. As long as y’all are in the SWAC, y’all will be a consistent contender. I pray my G-Men can pull it together and challenge for the title sooner than later.

Does not look good based on past numbers. I wonder does the celebration bowl organizers and sponsors are secretly rooting for certain schools to be the MEAC and SWAC champions because of attendance and ratings? I guess their nightmare scenario would be if Delaware State wins the MEAC and if Valley or UAPB wins the SWAC.
Yeah but it was a good and entertaining game. If ratings dropped for the other bowl games than it won't look so bad.

Does not look good based on past numbers. I wonder does the celebration bowl organizers and sponsors are secretly rooting for certain schools to be the MEAC and SWAC champions because of attendance and ratings? I guess their nightmare scenario would be if Delaware State wins the MEAC and if Valley or UAPB wins the SWAC.

The numbers could have skipped a beat compared to other Celebrations, but overall, it’s still amazing numbers! We have to stop always comparing us to us or forcing ourselves to be in a harder category. Anytime two FCS schools dominate several FBS Bowl Game in attendance, it’s a win for us. It’s even bigger when it’s two HBCUs.

At the end of the Bowl Season, the Celebration Bowl will still stand above most as far as attendance and viewership. I doubt there will be 25 other Bowl Games even close to those the Celebration Bowl this year.

I remember when the Bayou Classic numbers drop to 40k in 2011 and Charlie was talking about how it lost its appeal and should move back to each campus. Folks like me challenged Charlie to put Northwestern State vs Nicholls State in the Superdome and see if they could put 30K in the dome. 😂 Charlie got very quiet.

ATLANTA — The initial TV rankings are in and the Celebration Bowl took a sizable dip in ratings.

The Celebration Bowl posted its smallest audience in its history, according to Sports Media Watch. The game pulled in a TV rating of .9 with average viewership of 1.51 million. It was the third-ranked bowl in the opening week, but the lowest of the three games broadcast on ABC. Those numbers represented a drop of 34 percent on the rating and 38 percent on average viewership.

It did, however, have higher rankings than ESPN games featuring Power Five programs like Cal and Texas Tech. The game also went up against NFL competition and Celebration Bowl Executive Director told HBCU Gameday that the bowl game was simulcast for the first time.

“It was on ABC. We simulcast it on ESPN Plus and we simulcast it on our Hispanic network,” Grant said. “It was the first year that we’ve ever done that. That an added value — in Spanish. So that helps us reach another audience with that game.”

Saturday’s Celebration Bowl was the eighth in the history of the game between the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC). The 2022 game featuring Deion Sanders and Jackson State against North Carolina Central had a rating of 1.42 and drew an average viewership of 2.42 million on ABC, according to Showbuzz Daily.

For comparison, the 2021 Celebration Bowl received a 1.61 rating and had 2.59 million viewers, the second most in the game’s history. The 2019 Celebration Bowl received a 1.23 rating with 1.8 million viewers as North Carolina A&T and Alcorn State got into a shootout. The 2018 game between North Carolina A&T and Alcorn State held a 1.61 rating but had a smaller viewership number with 2.35 million viewers.

Last edited:
Comparing Celebration Bowl TV ratings to FCS playoff TV ratings is stupid because the game that is on free TV (ABC) will always have higher ratings than those shown on cable (ESPN ESPN2). If anyone looks at the ratings chart, all the ABC bowl games had better ratings than the ESPN bowl games. That isn't necessarily a measure of interest but access.

I wasn't going to comment, but let's be fair the CB viewership has been steady for awhile now. We have had healthy debates on attendance and viewership. I have said this from the jump. Howard is not the Howard of 10 years ago. Many HBCUS have made a name for itself. Just not in sports but academically. The Mecca was always considered the standard, but now you have a race (SU,JSU,PVAM,TXSU,FAMU,MORGAN, NCAT,HOWARD) all buying to be the first R1 institution. Sports wise you have bigger HBCUS brands then Howard. I am not shock viewership is down.

Back