2023-24 HBCU Men's/Women's OOC Basketball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
At some point you have to ask yourself if the check was worth the embarrassment. Are you helping the moral of your team at that point. I know there is a need to fund our programs but let's be strategic in our scheduling and do it with dignity.
I most certainly agree

At some point you have to ask yourself if the check was worth the embarrassment. Are you helping the moral of your team at that point. I know there is a need to fund our programs but let's be strategic in our scheduling and do it with dignity.
Not quite the same thing I know, but there is a reason they have weight classes in boxing. You don't put a flyweight in the ring with a heavyweight.

A couple of teams were killed like that in women’s basketball. I’ll say this forever but women’s basketball has the biggest chasm of any sport between the top 20 and bottom 20.
I agree. It's very rare to see a top 20 team get beat by smaller schools on the women side unlike the men's side where the outcome can change on any given day.

A couple of teams were killed like that in women’s basketball. I’ll say this forever but women’s basketball has the biggest chasm of any sport between the top 20 and bottom 20.

Top 10... maybe 15 and then everyone else...

The #25 team in the country has no shot of winning the NC

Trust me... I've made it known to admin and alums that after yesterday that there HAS to be a change in scheduling

1 OOC game at home for the Devilettes

None for the men

Both have played the defending national champs (Devilettes has played 2 #1 teams and still got road games at Hail State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Alabama in December)

That's not a sustainable recipe for long term success. That's why alums have to donate specifically to basketball so that we don't to sacrifice our teams for checks (and then the academic side puts their hands in the cookie jar without doing anything)

I agree. It's very rare to see a top 20 team get beat by smaller schools on the women side unlike the men's side where the outcome can change on any given day.

Because the women tend to stay all 4 years-so you get these powerhouses like South Carolina.

They are not losing a ton of players to the WNBA or overseas women teams. Nor is the a G-League with high school kids like there is in the mens game.

If the men stayed all four years-the SWAC and MEAC would be getting butchered by schools. Now we are seeing the men start beating other schools because once again SWAC schools are not losing players to the NBA or G League. Aside from transfers you pretty much have the same guys. Same with some of the other lower PWI-who somehow now beat or give a run to the schools that are NBA factories.

Trust me... I've made it known to admin and alums that after yesterday that there HAS to be a change in scheduling

1 OOC game at home for the Devilettes

None for the men

Both have played the defending national champs (Devilettes has played 2 #1 teams and still got road games at Hail State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Alabama in December)

That's not a sustainable recipe for long term success. That's why alums have to donate specifically to basketball so that we don't to sacrifice our teams for checks (and then the academic side puts their hands in the cookie jar without doing anything)
The more season tickets your fanbase buy…. The less OOC power 5 roads trips your teams will take.….

Top 20? Ion know about that. On neutral court we can knock off a couple of those.. maybe top 15. Ms state ranked in the top 25 but outside of Makayla Jordan they don't have much. A top Swac women's team can easily knock them off in a neutral setting.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Top 20? Ion know about that. On neutral court we can knock off a couple of those.. maybe top 15. Ms state ranked in the top 25 but outside of Makayla Jordan they don't have much. A top Swac women's team can easily knock them off in a neutral setting.
Is a top swac school in the bottom 20?

Is a top swac school in the bottom 20?

Which makes it even better. Not ranked and could take a ranked team down. The portal has changed everything. PB just gave Ms state a helluva scare. Now that top 15 would be tough. I got Kansas state putting a good whipping on us on the 1st. I definitely think Lsu, Virginia Tech, and a few others could be knocked off though in that top 15.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back