That's an 11 game schedule

We knew we were playing Delta State last year and Tarleton later on via their schedule release so it was only waiting on that last OOC game

Honestly, I see 6-5 from Valley with this schedule. Of course, the ball will have to bounce the right way, but still.

@In_The_662

You made a comment on the Jackson State Schedule thread about how I usually criticize Valley’s schedules vs my “non issue” with JSU’s current schedule. You, (who I have always respected), have to understand that the situations are different. You and everyone knows that Valley has a tradition on losing, and has heard plenty of calls for them to step away from the SWAC. Jackson State might have been off the Championship Game scene for a while before Coach Prime’s arrival, but they aren’t a program that usually ends up at the bottom of the conference with folks calling for their resignation. Valley has been there plenty of times.

A “winning season friendly” schedule for Valley is much needed, and still needs to be created. I am a Dancey fan, and am glad that he is proving that he can win “some” conference games. However, he is 8-29 as a Head Coach at Mississippi Valley and has been stuck with some pretty tough non conference competition. Last year’s team, showed a spark that the SWAC hasn’t seen from Valley in a long time and it was exciting. However, Jackson State won 11 games, and they aren’t in the same position as Valley. Both programs do not have to have the same scheduling agenda or criticism. One won 11, the other is trying to win 11.

When folks have bashed them and wanted them out, I have always been against it. I have only criticized Valley for poor scheduling, and I have been spot on every year I do it. Valley’s results continue to prove my point. Last year, Valley had a few impressive wins, but they were still 4-7 and adding to their consecutive losing seasons. Better non-conference scheduling helps. The 4-7 record looks different if Valley plays at Eastern Illinois instead of at Murray State. That record looks different if Valley plays at Wagner instead of at Stephen F Austin. This is not hating, it’s supporting.

I am rooting for Valley to find a way to have a winning season. Coming off a season that they started out 0-3 and ended with some hype at 4-7, I believe that this would have been the perfect time for Valley to put together a non conference schedule that would have given them a great chance to come into the Jackson State game undefeated. Although they play no non conference powerhouses, those opponents are still dangerous.

Valley 2022 schedule is very interesting to me. Looking at their non conference opponents and early SWAC fire, this is either going to be a great season for Valley, or a horrible season for Valley. Their is no in between. If they are better than last year, then they can come into the Jackson State game undefeated with plenty of excitement for SWAC Play. If they aren’t who they think they are, then Valley could possibly go 0-11. Please save what I am telling y’all! Valley is either going to win 6-7 games this year, or 0-2 games with this schedule. Good or bad, happy or sad. Nothing in between for Valley this year.

I like this schedule except for us having to make a second straight trip that way thanks to the old AD.

And with a new consistent QB that schedule is looking like they will definitely be above .500 this year.

But do you think that Valley’s schedule helps them more that JSU and SU’s schedules help their programs?

Two (winnable) OOC games against D1 schools and a game against a school that is 45 minutes away from Itta Bena that almost no one inside of Mississippi would have a problem against

TSU is a 2nd year D1 school in which 3 of their 6 wins were against D2 schools and a 6-5 APSU team that Tennessee State beat the first time they played (Delta State went 5-6 last year).

This will be Dancy's 4th full year at Valley. You act as if Valley didn't show on the field why people actually expect at least 6-7 wins next year by showing improvement against the best teams in the SWAC (including beating the SWAC West champs on the road) and beating the 2nd place team in the MEAC. This schedule helps Valley and the conference (SOS).

Again you are being critical of Valley while your school is playing SWAC schools as OOC opponents in the name of money. You can't continuously do both but then cry if a 8-3 SWAC school left out of the FCS playoffs

Back