2022 NCAA & NIT Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

That part.

That was one heck of a thrill though. After watching the UNC/BAYLOR game I was already on the edge lol then my Lady Tigers had me taking an anxiety pill. I am so damn proud of them. If this is a preview of what’s to come… Those P5s better watch out!
I think this Jackson State team's the highest-seeded SWAC team since the Jackie Winfield Southern team was a 14 seed.

Coach Reed has momentum to break through. Maybe in a few years, the SWAC becomes a multi-bid women's league. But that takes time and investment from multiple members.

Not trying to be sour grapes, but seems like the refs bailed out LSU in the final 4 minutes with those foul calls. I didn't see most of the game so maybe that's how they were calling things...but those were some weak foul calls.

I don't think that is the case. JSU had the opportunity to win but when they missed those 2 freethrows from the Tech and continued to miss shots and turnover the ball did it in the end. They left ole girl wide open for the 3 and that did it. I also think they didn't need to foul when they were only down 1 possession. The shot clock was in their favor and if they stopped them they had a chance to tie the game.

Not trying to be sour grapes, but seems like the refs bailed out LSU in the final 4 minutes with those foul calls. I didn't see most of the game so maybe that's how they were calling things...but those were some weak foul calls.
They definitely called fouls during that last run that they hadn't called all game and definitely didn't call on our end. Those fouls of course also took Ameysha out of the game. Regardless, we should have stayed aggressive and continued to run our offense instead of running clock. Not knocking down FTs was a factor but I think lsu missed just as many. Basketball is a game of runs and lsu went on I think a 15 to 3 towards the end.

They definitely called fouls during that last run that they hadn't called all game and definitely didn't call on our end. Those fouls of course also took Ameysha out of the game. Regardless, we should have stayed aggressive and continued to run our offense instead of running clock. Not knocking down FTs was a factor but I think lsu missed just as many. Basketball is a game of runs and lsu went on I think a 15 to 3 towards the end.
My pet peeves during the season have been the need to improve FT %, defending the 3 ball better (thank you UAPB Round 1, and PV Lady Panthers for that education 3-ball assault and barrage in Round 2) and closing out the game! I think if we can improve on those things in the off season...We'll come back even Stronger!! 💪💪

My pet peeves during the season have been the need to improve FT %, defending the 3 ball better (thank you UAPB Round 1, and PV Lady Panthers for that education 3-ball assault and barrage in Round 2) and closing out the game! I think if we can improve on those things in the off season...We'll come back even Stronger!! 💪💪
You heard her. We will be back 😆. And definitely stronger in paper already.

I was pulling for Jackson like all swac fans do but i seem to remember Jackson make 1 of 2 from line, 1 of 3 from the line, o for 2. I am not buying the referee took the game. Give J state credit for getting the lead but didn't close out the game. Hell TSU got blowed out. We didn;t hit any shots, It is what it is.

I was pulling for Jackson like all swac fans do but i seem to remember Jackson make 1 of 2 from line, 1 of 3 from the line, o for 2. I am not buying the referee took the game. Give J state credit for getting the lead but didn't close out the game. Hell TSU got blowed out. We didn;t hit any shots, It is what it is.

We acknowledge and own up to for shortcomings!! We fell short and didn't win. We will learn from these shortcomings and improve as individual Players and as a Team!!

Last edited:

You talking like you suited up yesterday or was coach on the sideline 😂

Nope!! 🤣!! I'm only allowed to Coach from this seat!!
Tired Couch Potato GIF by John Larigakis

I don't think that is the case. JSU had the opportunity to win but when they missed those 2 freethrows from the Tech and continued to miss shots and turnover the ball did it in the end. They left ole girl wide open for the 3 and that did it. I also think they didn't need to foul when they were only down 1 possession. The shot clock was in their favor and if they stopped them they had a chance to tie the game.

They cheated 🤣

She said the same thing about PVAMU's coach Toyelle Wilson, then hired her.

And now she's the HC at SMU.

What's scary will be next year for this team with the incoming transfers.

Hopefully, she will stay until the right position come along. Because, some of us are quick to jump at the first offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back