2021 FCS Playoffs Dates and TV Schedule

We have known the playoffs is a "Money Pit" for years... Why do we keep having these discussions.... The eye on the stove is 🔥....why do we keep wanting to touch it. Come on people...
I don't recall it being a "money pit" for the Rattlers. We even hosted a Div 1-AA Playoff game against Troy State.

Who wants to pay $600K when you can play in a championship game that pays your school 1million? That's like dope boys who buy a Benz or a BMW instead of putting a house in their momma name. Stupid.
So it is Celebration Bowl or bust.lol A 9 win team should be playing in the post season. I believe JMU chose to spend $600,000. They better fly up the evening before the game and fly back after the game to save costs.lol

Only problem is that only two teams can compete. Even Coach Sanders questioned why there is only one post season opportunity.

If there wasn't a Celebration Bowl, there still would only be 1 post season opportunity

I don't recall it being a "money pit" for the Rattlers. We even hosted a Div 1-AA Playoff game against Troy State.

It has been for teams recently as the NCAA takes a bit of teams that host games.

So it is Celebration Bowl or bust. lol A 9 win team should be playing in the post season. I believe JMU chose to spend $600,000. They better fly up the evening before the game and fly back after the game to save costs.lol

Tell that to the committee that don't want next best but will take certain conferences 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams with a lower won-lost record.

If there wasn't a Celebration Bowl, there still would only be 1 post season opportunity

It has been for teams recently as the NCAA takes a bit of teams that host games.

Tell that to the committee that don't want next best but will take certain conferences 3rd, 4th and 5th place teams with a lower won-lost record.

As I said before, bringing that MEAC mentality to the SWAC.

It's as if that post from JMU saying that the FCS playoffs are a money pit doesn't even register with them. Hell we saw how they screwed a ranked BCU team with a victory over a FBS team in 2015 but the next year they took a 6-5 WIU just because they are in the MVC. That's why the SWAC told the FCS playoff committee to keep their rigged system and formed the SCG. Most of the MEAC saw what the SWAC was doing and agreed to form the CB which has been an undeniable success. Those former MEAC schools that wanted to chase that "prestigious" FCS title left and have/will fade to irrelevancy soon. FAMU and BCU had the chance to join the Big South when looking to leave the MEAC but chose the SWAC for the exposure, rivalries and potential CB payout so the alums griping about potentially sitting at home with 9 wins need to zip it and tell their AD to stop scheduling a D2 and MEAC HBCU in their OOC if they want to go the playoffs

Exercise all options. If any SWAC team gets an opportunity participate in the FCS Playoffs take it. We need to make sure that the SWAC is not overlooked. Otherwise, they will continue to rank 3 and 4 loss teams ahead of our 1 and 2 loss teams.

Most of y'all are so used to being afterthoughts you don't even know how to advocate for yourselves. The SWAC deserves more than one post season option. We have the brand appeal with FAMU, JSU, SU, and Grambling all in one conference. This is a pretty sweet consolation prize for not making the conference championship!

I remember, BCC beating them on a few years back. If they can play turnover free football, and stingy defense. They should win the game.

Win or lose we get to put playoff participant on our resume and increase our brand and marketability to potential recruits. This is a no lose situation for us. We're playing with house money.
I hear ya, but yall betta get a win. Betta not embarrass Daddy after yall cried for this opportunity. We want to see ass kickins all through this playoffs.

Oh!! And SELA stadium only holds 7408 people, so yall betta take 1000000k lawn chairs for yall 1000000k fans. We need to see 1000000k green and urange all threw that stadium.

Back