2019 Track & Field Season

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am wondering what happened to UAPB and Valley's men 4x400 relay teams? I mean UAPB drop a 3:07.67 and Valley a 3:08.75 at the SWAC Champs, and they get to regionals and run 3:12.09 (UAPB) and 3:16.94 (Valley). DAMN!!!!! What happen? Injuries? Someone got kicked off the team? What????

I am wondering what happened to UAPB and Valley's men 4x400 relay teams? I mean UAPB drop a 3:07.67 and Valley a 3:08.75 at the SWAC Champs, and they get to regionals and run 3:12.09 (UAPB) and 3:16.94 (Valley). DAMN!!!!! What happen? Injuries? Someone got kicked off the team? What????

Bailey (freshman for Valley) got hurt. I don't know about it being a 8 second drop but that was one damning injury for Valley

We only lose Davis from that team so we should be OK if she can find another decent speedster in the 200m/400m

A Coppin State junior has the fastest time in the first round!?!?! YES!!!! I hope his coach stays on top of him before poachers come after him talking bad about CSU saying he's too good to be there.

You might be on to something. There was this high hurdler that ran for Bethune Cookman. He won NCAAs indoor and outdoor, I think his soph year. The next year, he transferred to Oklahoma. I have often wondered if "poachers" was the reason.

TSU had a sprinter (his name escapes me. He was from Nigeria) who finished 2nd in the 100 meters at NCAAs a number of years ago. The very next year he transferred to either Washington or Washington State I don't remember which one. I know athletes transfer all the time, but I have wondered if "poachers" may have been the reason. He fared better at TSU, same with the hurdler from Bethune Cookman, who did not win any NCAA Champs for Oklahoma. But like I said, athletes transfer for a whole bunch of different reasons.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You might be on to something. There was this high hurdler that ran for Bethune Cookman. He won NCAAs indoor and outdoor, I think his soph year. The next year, he transferred to Oklahoma. I have often wondered if "poachers" was the reason.

TSU had a sprinter (his name escapes me. He was from Nigeria) who finished 2nd in the 100 meters at NCAAs a number of years ago. The very next year he transferred to either Washington or Washington State I don't remember which one. I know athletes transfer all the time, but I have wondered if "poachers" may have been the reason. He fared better at TSU, same with the hurdler from Bethune Cookman, who did not win any NCAA Champs for Oklahoma. But like I said, athletes transfer for a whole bunch of different reasons.

He transferred to Washington State right before I got there. His name was something like Oladegbme and he said his secret was eating steak the night before his race.

Ronnie Ash was the Bethune Cookman hurdler that transferred.

He transferred to Washington State right before I got there. His name was something like Oladegbme and he said his secret was eating steak the night before his race.

Ronnie Ash was the Bethune Cookman hurdler that transferred.
Did you scare him off C.? Told him 44 in de house!

Perhaps pressure got to them.

North Carolina A&T: All in those P5 programs business! LOL

I was really impressed with NCA&T. Even though the men did not win any events. Trevor Stewart came oh so close. But when you run your personal best, as he did, that's all you can ask. Every one else in that race also ran personal best.

NCA&T relays teams performed well. They both finished fifth. But they both ran seasonal bests. The 4x1 ran 38.59. The 4x4 ran 3:01.50, which might be a meet record for a 5th place finish. When you do your best, that's all you can do.

Back