2019 Meac/Swac Challenge

tony11

View: https://youtu.be/U8znsibmfeg

This was BCU first game last season and this fifth song selection is horrible. Rolex?? 400 degrees? JSU about to slaughter them. I wonder why their director feels they're #1 and the best but if I had the same songs every year I'll be a master too is he afraid of change?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
View: https://youtu.be/U8znsibmfeg

This was BCU first game last season and this fifth song selection is horrible. Rolex?? 400 degrees? JSU about to slaughter them. I wonder why their director feels they're #1 and the best but if I had the same songs every year I'll be a master too is he afraid of change?

Stuck on tradition, and honestly as a Bandhead he is holding back the band programs true potential. They will consistently have about 250-300 in the stands and waste it year after year after year... with the same ice cream man, neck, butt, hay in the barn etc hoooo hum snore arrangements .... and the halftimes as of the last three years have a big desire for new creativity and concepts... To me, BCU could've past FAMU and really established themselves as a powerhouse when numbers were down for FAMU a few years ago, but instead FAMU will come back stronger than their 2011 bunch and BCU will start to become just the other band in Florida as FAMU once again passes them. They got the tools, numbers, and sound to really be a top hbcu band year in and out.... instead its a new year same ole cookman

Jackson is about to molly whop these cats. Might be the blowout of the season

Cookman does have some cold dummjaor entrances during halftime, but that’s about it

BCU is arguably in the top 3 for most consistent HBCU bands from the prospective of most. Personally , I prefer SU/jSU. Should be an easy win for JSU in the stands. Not to sure about the field show.

BCU bout to bust out Pink Panther, Single Life, Vice Versa, Big Ballin', and one ballad in the 5th quarter. lol

They'll definitely throw some shade at JSU at halftime.

Soundwise they are very good! So JSU's overall sound won't match them for fundamentals. But JSU's wow factor, range and execution with more emotion will give them an edge. Cookman does bore but not on the field. And they always LOOK precise. Please stop hyping famu until they show something. Last 4 years their range, sound and execution has been sub-par.

Don't think there is a rivalry between BCC and JSU, the two bands are just going to showcase why they are ranked #1 in their respective conferences.

Well that's what I mean by "overall sound". However JSU still has good tone quality and great attacks and jazz phrasing. Plus W&T has an edge on pocket, etc in my opinion. They compliment their ensemble better. Drillwise, the edge is clearly JSU but BCU will keep it simple and superbly executed. They cannot be rivals because there are so many other things JSU just does better. I don't think BCU will put out something like JSU's Jupiter.

Only schools BCU tend to have a 35+ Song book vs are those North Carolina schools. But them and Tnstate had damn near a two hour fifth in 2012.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
BCU will have the better quality sound. JSU will have everything else ... swag, selection book, style, power, entertainment etc.

JSU has a great sound, so does BCU. JSU has a legendary Band Director, so does BCU. JSU has a great Dance team, so does BCU. JSU has a great band, so does BCU! After 30 years, the best HBCU Marching Bands will come together at halftime and school the other Marching bands on how great Marching Bands should look and sound. Discipline, class, showmanship and precision will be on display, September 1, 2019!

Last edited:
Will it????? Because honestly never mind I'll be there anyway lol. But we all.know sounding good is one thing but takes more than that to entertain. If that's the fact Tennessee state is stellar in all areas I still can hear that ALL MY LIFE arrangement this fifth alone proves alone that they couldn't compete in every area and lack of
Versatility is terrible.BCU that is.

Last edited:
Im on the fence. I want to go but if I do it'll likely be just to see JSU. BCU sounds good but like FAMU, they bore me to sleep. Mainly because i'm not really a field show person, I mostly watch the stands and the 5th. And all that damn dancing annoys me. I'd say there's about an 70% chance I go at this point. They really should have a parade and a battle of the bands including some of the local bands around here to go along with this game though.

Back