2018 SWAC season

tony11

2018 was a good season for many programs many have improved and some went down and some inconsistent by the game. But many great 5ths this season. What are yall opinions of the season in 2018. I would do a ranking but gotta think on it. I judge overal field and stands.

Strictly MY OPINION
BAMA ST: idk what is going on over there but arrangements and inconsistent sound has been happening all season. I liked ASU last season but i always liked a small ASU ( early 00s) but im not getting that power and boost from the MMH im use to. Sadly crowds only look forward to the stingettes and honey bees. Hopefully the errors can be fixed by next season.

AAMU- Clean consistent and a fun band to watch in the stands. aamu has came a long way and their sound is there just at times song selection isnt their friend. Wish AAMU seen more bands this season they had something to offer, just need them entertaining dance routines back.

Alcorn- My my. Started the season off good, powerful sound, decent shows entertaining dancers, but something happened the last few games band got smaller trumpets got thinner sound became sloppy. Field shows seem to be not I wanna do asu show but make fun of the other band show ideas seemed very copied. ASU has the power and band but seemed as their focus isnt on how they sound but let me ger louder than band B whom im.playing ASU was very inconsistent this season but started off very well. Seemed the band got smaller as the season went by too.

UAPB- love the book not the arrangements. But good field shows love the size too! But tends to be a bore fest in the 5th idk who calls the music off but at times it seems the songs drag.and balance issues, but pb is no sleeper they had a decent season and can put on a good show.

SU- something seemed off with SU early in the season...arrangements and song selection. You can tell Haymer was gone however SU still proved to rise as the season went on with balance and color in most of their arrangements the color was the sound change however field shows were still clsssic SU like it or not theyre consistent. Still one of the best SWAC bands.

GSU- improvements were shown in every area still have to clean up a tad with attacks and power. Field shows were consistent and a classic gsu show either you like them or hate them no changing tradition. Even though improvements were made ppl are still watching you must stay consistent and clean up a tad.

PV- Gotta get use to the new arrangements theyre lacking that pv power im use to to but the sound is still there. Field shows are classic PV still get lost at the dance routine at times because you play a song for 10 seconds then drop the horns before we can make song out. But pv had a good season

TXSU- the band faced Alcorn wasnt the band we seen all season, txsu numbers are rising we been wanting that, however the sound is inconsistent, no balance just blow blow. However the ocean is still performing good shows. Tell the director calm down all that jumping up and down isnt that serious. But improvements were made.

JSU - Like it or not they were the most consistent SWAC band you got a good performance from them everytime. However the energy lacks but the sound and showmanship is there even the old boring shows we are use to are improving and have a purpose to them classic boom is returning fast. They really show their playing skills from circle of life that arrangement was spot on proved the boom can balance out.

MVSU- improvements were made but more is needed just numbers and better players. Field shows seemed lost even practiced on game day which isnt a good thing. However you can tell mvsu has heart and pride but it takes alot more than that to be in the SWAC facing bands who are kill kill across from you, mvsu wasnt terrible but much more is needed.

Back