2018 SWAC Media Day

How does a QB lead the conference is passing TDs the year before not make Pre-Season All-Conference?

The same way one of the leading returning WRs in the SWAC doesn't even make 2nd Team Offense

Then again the only reason McElfresh made 1st team is because the others that made it last year graduated smh

Alcorn is NOT loaded bruh. Noah Johnson not even good. They give preseason accolades based on the previous year. Alcorn got players on by default. Have you seen their last 2-3 recruiting classes? lol

Some people you just have to look over. Lol

How can you get players on a list by default?

Some people you just have to look over. Lol

How can you get players on a list by default?

It makes sense yall just dont like the statement. The Preseason is based upon last year's play. So for instance if both D Kincaide and A Howard graduated (whom were both 1st and 2nd team All Swac QBs) then by default the 3rd option at QB based upon last year's play would be the 1st option during preseason (Noah Johnson). I'm not hating but even Bama state can agree that their QBs weren't shyt lol.

It makes sense yall just dont like the statement. The Preseason is based upon last year's play. So for instance if both D Kincaide and A Howard graduated (whom were both 1st and 2nd team All Swac QBs) then by default the 3rd option at QB based upon last year's play would be the 1st option during preseason (Noah Johnson). I'm not hating but even Bama state can agree that their QBs weren't shyt lol.

Finally a JSU poster with some damn sense. LOL....would you mind disabling all the other JSU poster's log in and you post for them. They need an editor.

So Noah having some very good games the last few seasons when subbing in had nothing to do with it? He's not the only returning qb in the SWAC. So his past play didn't factor in? Just a lil question not saying anyone is hating.

So Noah having some very good games the last few seasons when subbing in had nothing to do with it? He's not the only returning qb in the SWAC. So his past play didn't factor in? Just a lil question not saying anyone is hating.

Of course his past play factored in (hence last year's play). He was the BEST of the WORST (nothing at all wrong with that).

Of course his past play factored in (hence last year's play). He was the BEST of the WORST (nothing at all wrong with that).

Well damn. Got ya on that.

So that leaves one particular school with the Worse of the Worst at every position. (Nothing wrong with that). Especially if that's the scale for which we are looking at things.

Sorry for the technical problems on my feed. Looks like the Swac had bigger problems than what I had and almost no one there really cared.

Part 2

Part 3 - Interim Commissioner Edgar Gant

6 schools will have instant replay for home games in 2018 and all schools will have it for 2019.

They were all suppose to have it in 2018. With only 60% having it doesn't make it fair to those who do. That's like saying we will only call certain calls for 6 out of the 10 schools and the other 4 gets a bye. My count had it down to 9 out of 10 would have it.

They were all suppose to have it in 2018. With only 60% having it doesn't make it fair to those who do. That's like saying we will only call certain calls for 6 out of the 10 schools and the other 4 gets a bye. My count had it down to 9 out of 10 would have it.

"As the SWAC turns..."

He is pretty much the ONLY returning QB and he was on a winning squad. He wont be first or second team in December.

Well damn. Got ya on that.

So that leaves one particular school with the Worse of the Worst at every position. (Nothing wrong with that). Especially if that's the scale for which we are looking at things.

We have some of the best skill players in the conference. We just didnt have a QB the first half of the season who could hit wide open receivers. Then everyone loaded the box on our RBs who can hit home run if they get a step! Then we replaced the first QB with a running QB so our WRs never had a chance last year. THIS YEAR? We got QB options and our first REAL OC in four years. You know OMJ hired a grad assistant and Hughes hired a first time OC from SU when everyone tried to tell him that you dont hire coaches from Southern? We have a coach and assistants who understand what running a system is. Before, we just had some plays thrown together.

Alcorn is NOT loaded bruh. Noah Johnson not even good. They give preseason accolades based on the previous year. Alcorn got players on by default. Have you seen their last 2-3 recruiting classes? lol

Aww, li bro mad...lmao.... y’all had 5 years to do something bruh...1-4... it’s a wrap for y’all..... And y’all had GREAT teams...

Oh Alcorn’s recruiting class was ranked higher than yall’s... the sorriness Is clouding your vision too..lmao

According to Texas Southern's coach, they have a lot of new players? Well, we know what kind of year they'll have.

They have a new QB who might can get things rolling. Glenn C was pushed out of Tulane by the new staff who came in with a system that he wasn’t recruited to run. When he was in the pocket, he use to let that thing go.

Last edited:
Sorry for the technical problems on my feed. Looks like the Swac had bigger problems than what I had and almost no one there really cared.

Part 2

Part 3 - Interim Commissioner Edgar Gant

Thank you Fiyah

I really, really enjoyed listening to Coach Thomas. I liked his honesty, his humbleness, and his down-to-earth demeanor.

Last edited:
I’m actually fine with not having anyone on it. It’s a preseason poll so I wouldn’t get to worked up about. All the players have to do is play football. I hope they not worried about a list. Teams have started off unranked or predicted to win only 3-5 games and have went on to have good seasons. We just need a damn offense lol

Back