2018 High School Scoreboard & Top 25

I see Shreveport, LA. has put together another great Battle of the Border....Props! (I would like to have seen one more South Louisiana team in it this year)

Last edited:
Grayson is going to pound Tucker into the dirt.. don't really like that matchup. That whole team damn near will end up going P5. Whoever the coach at Cedar Grove has built a pretty good program. They just won a championship a couple years ago but I don't know anything about that team they're playing. Those huge Gwinnett schools are hard to beat these days...especially since more black people are moving to the burbs and out of the city. 4 of the 8 final teams in 7A were from Gwinnett.

Pinson Valley and Hoover is going to be a helluva game.... 7a State champ vs 6a state champ. Pinson Valley has one of the best qbs in the nation.... Auburn commit Bo Nix.

Not a strong representation of Texas other than Aledo

What's the deal with Bishop Lynch Friars? Are they in a lower classification or like in a weak private school division (it looks like they won a state championship in 2016)?

Well in case you haven't noticed, they never really pick the best team in the state for these. I think they basically look for the good teams that have match ups against other top teams and pick those based on who is playing the weekend that they host this thing. I'd rather them just pick the top match ups throughout the season but I know that would interfere with their college games so likely wouldn't work. Like i'd rather see North Gwinnett vs Norcross, Grayson vs Colquitt County or Archer, Valdosta vs Lowndes or Colquitt County, etc.

I see Shreveport, LA. has put together another great Battle of the Border....Props! (I would like to have seen one more South Louisiana team in it this year)
They need to get Zachary in that mug. They are the best team in the state to me.

What's the deal with Bishop Lynch Friars? Are they in a lower classification or like in a weak private school division (it looks like they won a state championship in 2016)?
Private school championship. They split private and public in Texas except for a couple exceptions. The better teams (99%) are in public. This team is still pretty good though.

One week later is college football weekend. They're not broadcasting high school games that weekend... I kinda pointed that out up above.

That game with Ceder Grove will be a bloodbath for them. They are playing way above their weight class. They may as well scheduled a scrimmage instead of this game against a 7A school from Alabama.

Now that Mater Dei vs Bishop Gorman game will be good, as both teams routinely recruit the best SoCal football talent.

without a Texas team the list is not legitimate.

Texas HS ball is weak and soft.

That game with Ceder Grove will be a bloodbath for them. They are playing way above their weight class. They may as well scheduled a scrimmage instead of this game against a 7A school from Alabama.

Now that Mater Dei vs Bishop Gorman game will be good, as both teams routinely recruit the best SoCal football talent.

Good. Thats what they deserve to stealing players from other parts of DeKalb and Clayton County

Back