2010 HBCU college rankings

tomcat1

Congratulations to JSU, Alcorn and SU.

These three swac schools were ranked the highest in the swac for overall great academic performance. Got this info from the 2010 America's Best College List.

JSU ranked 21st with an enrollment of 8,377
Alcorn ranked 25th with an enrollment of 3,152
SU ranked 29th with an enrollment of 7,669

All Tier 1 schools. Great job Tigers, Braves and Jags

:tup:
I'm expecting more and better things to come from SU – academically. Chancellor Kofi Lomotey has brought significant changes - with more to come. Cornel West, Roland Martin, Sonia Sanchez and Susan Taylor were all impressed with Southern after their visits to campus last semester. Lomotey is a beast at what he does - SU should hang on to him.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
:tup:
I'm expecting more and better things to come from SU – academically. Chancellor Kofi Lomotey has brought significant changes - with more to come. Cornel West, Roland Martin, Sonia Sanchez and Susan Taylor were all impressed with Southern after their visits to campus last semester. Lomotey is a beast at what he does - SU should hang on to him.

I'm starting to see that.

:shame::shame:Notice the low number of posters on positive news but the high number of posters on bad news. I want everyone to notice the high number of viewers who have seen this. "We can do better than that".:shame:

:shame::shame:Notice the low number of posters on positive news but the high number of posters on bad news. I want everyone to notice the high number of viewers who have seen this. "We can do better than that".:shame:

Co-sign on that Tomcat - I see it too!!! Congrats JSU, Alcorn and SU!

May I see the link please??

BTW you can't really expect people to comment if they don't know what they're commenting on. They probably came in to see the info and then just left.

Man you guys are such losers. I swear. Folks didn't comment because all of this is subjective. I tell you, the man knows how to play you guys.

maybe b/c this isn't news to some of us that are actually involved in their university/alumni Chapters!!

I thought the list just came out?? :confused:

Ain't it about time for BE's list?

I received it in an e-mail from my Alumni Chapter before I saw it on here.

But I guess what I don't understand is why folks always so quick to point who/number of folks that commented and number that didn't.

If you want to comment/say something positive...then do that...

Last edited:
The low numbers are typical. If we're no included in something, we can care less. I love when we start talking about the man stuff.

I received it in an e-mail from my Alumni Chapter before I saw it on here.

But I guess what I don't understand is why folks always so quick to point who/number of folks that commented and number that didn't.

If you want to comment/say something positive...then do that...

That's true. The real truth is that all of our schools are in the same boat. Ain't none of us truly ahead of the other. We are all trying to survive in Jim Crow states who want to see all of our doors closed. The funny part is the folks who brsg on this ain't gave a dime to help the University they so call love.

Thank you Philly Jag for posting the link. I don't like posting links because I like to make those haters look it up for themselves. "They find everything else, especially negative stuff".

Philly Jag, you alright with me, because I know that JSU and SU are the most admired schools in the swac. Thank you brother.

You cats on here clowned on SU when they had their small grade scandal but you didn't come back to congrat on this. Damn haters.

Co-sign on that Tomcat - I see it too!!! Congrats JSU, Alcorn and SU!

You think too much CeeDog, while you thinking about JSU or SU, you loosing out on you life. Ain't nobody playing no nobody, what you mean by that?
You mad because the aamu isn't as high as JSU, Alcorn or SU. AAMU is a good school if that is what you want to hear.

Notice you are the one who started w/a negative post on here. I'll see you in Jackson this fall.:):)

Man you guys are such losers. I swear. Folks didn't comment because all of this is subjective. I tell you, the man knows how to play you guys.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It might not be news to you, but you aren't the only one on this planet man. Your alumni chapter might know but compared to the rest of America you all are small percentage of the population who might want to know about this news.

Think before you speak pal.

maybe b/c this isn't news to some of us that are actually involved in their university/alumni Chapters!!

Speak for yourself man, we aren't all in the same boat, some of us are ahead of the others or should I say the slackers and I don't need to start pointing fingers.

It is also ok to brag about your school, because the haters will spread the bad news quicker than quick. So therefore, we are not all in the same boat.

By the way, I'm so glad that this topic is getting some attention now. Now more people know what JSU, Alcorn and SU are doing to water down the hate on this board. GO BLUE TIGERS, BRAVES AND JAGUARS-Keep up the good work.

That's true. The real truth is that all of our schools are in the same boat. Ain't none of us truly ahead of the other. We are all trying to survive in Jim Crow states who want to see all of our doors closed. The funny part is the folks who brsg on this ain't gave a dime to help the University they so call love.

just saw this :clap::clap::clap: congratulations all!!!

Never be ashamed for doing well, and being recognized.

Cee was probably that kid in school that made the smart kids embarassed to make good grades. Had them lying about flunking when they really getting straight As

Boy, yall are something else...now this thread has turned ugly. :lmao:

This is awesome news, but in folks' defense...a lot of people don't come to this forum as often as other forums on here. I know me personally, I forget about this one. Congrats to my beloved SU JAGUARS, though. :tup:

It might not be news to you, but you aren't the only one on this planet man. Your alumni chapter might know but compared to the rest of America you all are small percentage of the population who might want to know about this news.

Think before you speak pal.

Why you so concerned about if others give praise/approval? If you happy...then be happy!

Stop looking for acceptance and approval from others Pal!!:lol:

just saw this :clap::clap::clap: congratulations all!!!

Never be ashamed for doing well, and being recognized.

Cee was probably that kid in school that made the smart kids embarassed to make good grades. Had them lying about flunking when they really getting straight As

See the difference is smart folks don't have to try and brag. Only those who barely got by and have nothing else in life to brag on. Just like that teacher at UAH who shot and killed her co-workers. She had nothing else in life going but her degree. That is why she flipped out and killed those folks. No common sense is really gone out of style.

JSU has been sitting at #20 or #21 for about 5-6 years now. How do we get into the top 10? Our graduate school is bigger than the TOTAL enrollment of some of those schools they have listed ahead of us.

JSU has been sitting at #20 or #21 for about 5-6 years now. How do we get into the top 10? Our graduate school is bigger than the TOTAL enrollment of some of those schools they have listed ahead of us.

It only uses Undergraduate numbers in their evaulation.

The sad part is you guys really believe your schools are really ahead of others. :shame: Man please wake up. We are all under the jim Crow laws.

Back