2008 Olympics: Notes, Stories & Observations

Men's basketball:
Wade and Delfino, tit for tat scores ? is there an echo in here? 96-81 USA.

2 from Bosh. Oberto fouls out after keeping Wade from laying one in. Wade misses the first, hits the second. 99-81 USA.

A little one on one from Wade on the break, nice fake right, cut left to the hoop. 101-81. Unless argentina can score three touchdowns in the last minute, this one?s over.

Yep that is what I read as well. I know they got one is rowing dethroning the British team.........how well have they done in those other events? Anybody got the tally?

http://www.nbcolympics.com/countries/country=chn/medals/index.html

As of 8/22 6:51 AM ET China has the following medals in the events related to "Project 119":

Track & Field 2 (both bronze)
Swimming 6 (1 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze)
Rowing 2 (1 gold, 1 silver)
Sailing 2 (1 gold, 1 bronze)
Canoe/Kayak 0

TOTAL "PROJECT 119" MEDAL COUNT = 12​

http://www.nbcolympics.com/countries/country=chn/medals/index.html

As of 8/22 6:51 AM ET China has the following medals in the events related to "Project 119":

Track & Field 2 (both bronze)
Swimming 6 (1 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze)
Rowing 2 (1 gold, 1 silver)
Sailing 2 (1 gold, 1 bronze)
Canoe/Kayak 0

TOTAL "PROJECT 119" MEDAL COUNT = 12​

So basically they aint done isht but probably won a few extra ones because they had home field/turf.....etc.... Thanks for the info C-leb.

Project 119 was a failure.........oh well.

How much you want to bet that 12 number decreases in 2012. LOL. They were who we thought they were(Thanks Denny G)

So basically they aint done isht but probably won a few extra ones because they had home field/turf.....etc.... Thanks for the info C-leb.

Project 119 was a failure.........oh well.

How much you want to bet that 12 number decreases in 2012. LOL. They were who we thought they were(Thanks Denny G)

What a simple way of looking at things JR...

They may only have 12 now but they could get that other 107 between now and the tomorrow with the closing ceremonies Sunday. Have faith brotha!

C-Leb, I mighta missed the announcement, but is that the new helmet y'all gone sport in your sig????

Being on the opposite end of the spectrum :retard:, I expected some to <b>try</b> and diminish what those folx set out to do:

As of this very second, the actual medal count:

<pre>
Total Medals by Country

Country
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total

United States of America
<font color="red">102</font>

China
<font color="red">89</font>

Russia

Great Britain

Australia

Germany

France

South Korea

Japan

Italy

</pre>

Spin it as you may. I see China - 47 golds and USA - 31. :read:

PROJECT 119...(123) :uhoh:

Being on the opposite end of the spectrum :retard:, I expected some to <b>try</b> and diminish what those folx set out to do:

<pre>
Total Medals by Country

Country
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total

United States of America

China

Russia

Great Britain

Australia

Germany

France

South Korea

Japan

Italy

</pre>

P, we gotta get our weight up in badminton and table tennis. :tup:

<pre>
Total Medals by Country

Country
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total

United States of America

China

Russia

Great Britain

Australia

Germany

France

South Korea

Japan

Italy

</pre>

P you bee watching the Olympics. China been winning ish we don't give a fugg about. Table Tennis, Bat mitton, jaxs....:smh::smh:

You know they got all those diving metals.. 8 and they cheated in womens gymnastics to get gold on both the Mens and womens side.

Homecooking I tell you home cooking.

Them mofos had never placed high in Gynastics then they send 5 year olds out there to take stiff 19-20 and thirty year old women.

They just about out of medals you know. Track and field, no, distance no, basketball hell to the naw..Volleyball.

Just saying them mofos had to cook the books and dive like no tommorrow just to get the lead.

P you bee watching the Olympics. China been winning ish we don't give a fugg about. Table Tennis, Bat mitton, jaxs....:smh::smh:

You know they got all those diving metals.. 8 and they cheated in womens gymnastics to get gold on both the Mens and womens side.

Homecooking I tell you home cooking.

Them mofos had never placed high in Gynastics then they send 5 year olds out there to take stiff 19-20 and thirty year old women.

They just about out of medals you know. Track and field, no, distance no, basketball hell to the naw..Volleyball.

Just saying them mofos had to cook the books and dive like no tommorrow just to get the lead.

Exactly...........and them mofos aint going to get no where near that many medals in London.........just watch. Them Euros going to put a stop to that. LOL.

<pre>
Total Medals by Country

Country
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total

United States of America

China

Russia

Great Britain

Australia

Germany

France

South Korea

Japan

Italy

</pre>

We didn't try to diminish what they did............because they aint done isht to diminish. LOL. They won the same ole stuff they always win except for the 12 medals they got on their project 119 (123) list. They fell 107 (111) short. The US will still have dominated the Olympics even with Boxing, Track and Field and the softball teams not being up to par like normal. Oh well poor China. When they get a Michael Phelps like athlete then come talk to us. They about to kill poor Yao Ming......he needs to defect so he don't have to play with that sad arse team of his. I know Les Alexander cringed everytime it looked like Yao was tweaking that injury.

They may catch up with us by 2020.........lol.

When in the hell did jumpin on a trampoline become an Olympic sport???? I know people in the hood that would have qualified for this.

In 1999. Source

I think some folks from the hood could have won a medal.

During the Los Angeles Olympics, my father and some other older relatives were talking about the Black athletes who were dominating the track and field events. They talked about how they added ?sports? like synchronized swimming. (We do not think it is a sport.) At the medal ceremony after the men?s 400 meter relay, my father pointed out the number of Black medalists on the medal stand (or podium). First place went to the U.S., second place was won by Jamaica while the Canadians won the bronze. Every medalist was a person of African decent-a dark skinned brother. In other words 12 Black men won medals from the relay race. My father basically laughed.

We didn't try to diminish what they did............because they aint done isht to diminish. LOL. They won the same ole stuff they always win except for the 12 medals they got on their project 119 (123) list. They fell 107 (111) short. The US will still have dominated the Olympics even with Boxing, Track and Field and the softball teams not being up to par like normal. Oh well poor China. When they get a Michael Phelps like athlete then come talk to us. They about to kill poor Yao Ming......he needs to defect so he don't have to play with that sad arse team of his. I know Les Alexander cringed everytime it looked like Yao was tweaking that injury.

They may catch up with us by 2020.........lol.

Ok. I got it. You said all of that to say that China has 47 golds and the USA has 31. Good job JR. :tup:

Forest...trees...looking send help! :rolleyes:

Ok. I got it. You said all of that to say that China has 47 golds and the USA has 31. Good job JR. :tup:

Forest...trees...looking send help! :rolleyes:

So they got some golds.......this aint the first Olympics the US has not garnered the most golds..........Man you are trying to act like the Chinese are some helluva threat to us athletically. We still have the most medals in a down year in Track for us.........Wait until we get to London. I bet all that will change. You worry to much about the wrong isht. China aint coming. They aint taking over.......... As Shaw said.........they are winning in events we don't care about and never will be great at.

Kicked out: Cuban banned for life

BEIJING (AP) -- A Cuban taekwondo athlete and his coach were banned for life after the athlete, Angel Matos, kicked the referee in the face following his bronze-medal match disqualification.

Cuban coach Leudis Gonzalez offered no apology for Matos' actions during the men's over-80 kg (176 pounds) match.

Matos was winning 3-2, with 1:02 in the second round, when he fell to the mat after being hit by his opponent, Kazakhstan's Arman Chilmanov. He was sitting there, awaiting medical attention, when he was disqualified for taking too much injury time. Fighters get one minute, and Matos was disqualified when his time ran out.
Read story

Why isn't this thread a sticky?

Kicked out: Cuban banned for life

BEIJING (AP) -- A Cuban taekwondo athlete and his coach were banned for life after the athlete, Angel Matos, kicked the referee in the face following his bronze-medal match disqualification.

Cuban coach Leudis Gonzalez offered no apology for Matos' actions during the men's over-80 kg (176 pounds) match.

Matos was winning 3-2, with 1:02 in the second round, when he fell to the mat after being hit by his opponent, Kazakhstan's Arman Chilmanov. He was sitting there, awaiting medical attention, when he was disqualified for taking too much injury time. Fighters get one minute, and Matos was disqualified when his time ran out.
Read story

Why isn't this thread a sticky?

Yea...I saw the replay on that. Not good...:smh:

Right after they showed that clip...they went to boxing, and a Cuban fighter was showing his arse in the ring. It was more subdued...but, you can see he wasn't being a good sport.

What's up with the Cubans?

I saw him on the Today show this morning and wondered about his ethnicity?

http://www.bryanclay.com/clay/blogDetail/778

Half Japanese and half African-American

Congratulations on his victory!

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/be...ug=jo-claydecathlon082208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Decathlon?s new king takes throne

BEIJING ? Bryan Clay was doubled over and gasping for air. Roman Sebrle was sprawled on his back and writhing in pain.

The 1,500-meter run, the final event of the decathlon, had come to a grueling end. NBC could not have choreographed any better what happened next.

Sebrle, the two-time defending Olympic champion, looked in urgent need of help despite waving off track officials who scurried out with a stretcher. Clay, the new Olympic champion, extended his left hand.

Sebrle pulled himself to his feet. Then he lifted Clay?s hand high into the air as one would a new champion.

?He?s king now,?? Sebrle said later.

I saw him on the Today show this morning and wondered about his ethnicity?

http://www.bryanclay.com/clay/blogDetail/778

Half Japanese and half African-American

Congratulations on his victory!

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/be...ug=jo-claydecathlon082208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Decathlon?s new king takes throne

BEIJING ? Bryan Clay was doubled over and gasping for air. Roman Sebrle was sprawled on his back and writhing in pain.

The 1,500-meter run, the final event of the decathlon, had come to a grueling end. NBC could not have choreographed any better what happened next.

Sebrle, the two-time defending Olympic champion, looked in urgent need of help despite waving off track officials who scurried out with a stretcher. Clay, the new Olympic champion, extended his left hand.

Sebrle pulled himself to his feet. Then he lifted Clay?s hand high into the air as one would a new champion.

?He?s king now,?? Sebrle said later.

Project 119 (123) Amendment I... "mate w/ native African to acquire physical genes." :read:

Wrestler who dropped medal was right
BEIJING (AP)?It turns out that the Greco-Roman wrestler who was stripped of his bronze medal for dropping it in disgust on the mat had reason for being angry, according to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Ara Abrahamian of Sweden complained to CAS that a penalty in the second round of his 84-kilogram bout on Aug. 14 against Italian Andrea Minguzzi wasn?t assessed until after the round ended. Once factored in, Abrahamian automatically lost the match. Minguzzi went on to win the gold medal.

Abrahamian?s coach was then denied a request for a video review, then the wrestling federation?the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles, or FILA?refused to consider a protest.
Story

I must admit, that Australian Womens basketball team got some nice uniforms.

r239012_966423.jpg

0211054392.jpg

r28301_70533.jpg

0,,6005377,00.jpg

Back