2 New DVD releases today...

pbla

Focus
and those are 'COLLATERAL' with Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise and Will Smith's 'IROBOT.I have not seen IROBOT but I will still purchase it.
I really did like COLLATERAL.

docmump said:
Hey you forgot about the extended version of Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King.
I bet that DVD will sell out first.

SUF'NST I think you will like COLLATERAL. Jamie Foxx play a serious role in this movie and Tom Cruise's character will make a cobra look like a hamster.

I have all 3 LOR movies already, and I refuse to pay another dime for another one. I love all 3 movies equally, but the way they set you up to spend more money is rediculous.

I, Robot, was ho hum. I'll be getting Collateral though.

Good thread PBLA. I watch the DVD listings every week, and maybe we should start threads posting the new arrivals each week.

I'm looking forward to getting "King Arthur" next week. I didn't get a chance to see it in the movies, but it was a different twist on the tales of Ol Camelot, and the fact that I like Antoine Fuqua's movies.

NICE

I want to cop that "IROBOT". I looked cool from the previews.

I copped that "Dodgeball" & "RAW" the other day for the lowlow.

docmump said:
Was I robot really that bad. I was going to pick it up tonight but if it was bad.

It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either. To each his/her own. I didn't like it, too much. I would have rather gone to the movies to see Collateral and wait to see I, Robot on DVD.

Thanks for the update on Collateral, pbla...I've heard nothing but good things about this one. A cobra look like a hamster, though....DAMM! :eek:

Imma pick this one up on Friday night.

SU's Finest '93 said:
It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.

There you have doc. The storyline wasn't bad, but it was badly directed. However the special effects were tight.

I went to sleep on it twice before finally seeing it, in it's entirety.

NICE

D-NICE said:
Good thread PBLA. I watch the DVD listings every week, and maybe we should start threads posting the new arrivals each week.

Sounds good. I like to know when a DVD has been out for at least 6 weeks. That's generally when rental stores take them off the new arrival shelf and mark them as pre-owned!! Those 3 for $20 deals always set me right.

I am going to probably snatch up that Collateral too. I was glad to see Jamie Foxx in the role, in my opinion he suprisingly stole the limelight from Tom Cruise. Its good to see him get out of his usually silly humor roles. Has anyone seen the Borne Supremecy? I was thinking about getting that one.

wbishop3 said:
Has anyone seen the Borne Supremecy? I was thinking about getting that one.

I wanna see that one too...I think I'll rent it this w/e, along w/Collateral.

wbishop3 said:
I am going to probably snatch up that Collateral too. I was glad to see Jamie Foxx in the role, in my opinion he suprisingly stole the limelight from Tom Cruise. Its good to see him get out of his usually silly humor roles. Has anyone seen the Borne Supremecy? I was thinking about getting that one.

The Bourne Supremacy was great! It's not often the sequel is as good as the first, but it is in this case. I picked that one up, along with the first one, The Bourne Identity. I'm gonna watch 'em back to back here in a couple of days. I want to get "I Robot" too. I'm waiting for "Troy" to be released in January (the 4th I think.)

wb3, I'll co-sign with AAMU Alum, Bourne Supremacy was great. Actually I liked it better than the first. More action, better plot. If I'm not mistakened there should be 2 others to follow, that's if they're going to stick with the books, a la James Bond.

In case any of you are interesed, Disney released a 40 year anniversay of Mary Poppins. Go ahead, and laugh, because I really enjoyed the movie as a kid, along with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (waiting on the release).

Alum, I'm awaiting Troy as well, along with The Village, Tomb Rader 2, and Resident Evil 2.

I don't know all of next week's releases just yet, but Manchurian Candidate with Densel Washington comes out Tuesday.

NICE

Manchurian Candidate was great.

Bourne Supremacy as well as Bourne Identity...Jason Bourne...great movie!

I also saw Collateral and I loved Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise in that one!

Back