Hey Alcorn! Anything to the Rumor....?

Mace

Southern Miss: Per source, Alcorn State (FCS) offensive coordinator Ryan Stanchek is expected to join the Southern Miss staff as offensive line coach.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

It would be unfortunate if true. He seemed to be really creative and talented with future HC potential in the SWAC or some other conference. If he leaves, any thoughts on who would replace him?

Southern Miss: Per source, Alcorn State (FCS) offensive coordinator Ryan Stanchek is expected to join the Southern Miss staff as offensive line coach.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

It would be unfortunate if true. He seemed to be really creative and talented with future HC potential in the SWAC or some other conference. If he leaves, any thoughts on who would replace him?

If Football Scoop has it, it’s definitely in the wheelhouse

This should be an interesting start to 2019 since our first game is in Hattiesburg on August 31st.

He worked with Hopson and I’m sure he is glad to be outta Lorman from a living standpoint. I’m sure he will make a lot more as O Line Coach at Southern Miss than he will as OC at Alcorn. If a FBS school is poaching your staff at the FCS level you’re doing something right. Probably make $100k too.

USM not paying any money. They got Hopson on the cheap and all of his assistants. Hopson only makes $500,000 at USM. He is getting good coaching talent out of Alcorn because no decent FBS coach is going to come there for what they are paying. Their OC and DC are not making over $150,000 and their position coaches are making just under $100,000. Our Offensive Coordinator only been an OC for a year. I don't know how much stancheck was making.

USM not paying any money. They got Hopson on the cheap and all of his assistants. Hopson only makes $500,000 at USM. He is getting good coaching talent out of Alcorn because no decent FBS coach is going to come there for what they are paying. Their OC and DC are not making over $150,000 and their position coaches are making just under $100,000. Our Offensive Coordinator only been an OC for a year. I don't know how much stancheck was making.

Does McNair make $500k? Yea $150k at a C-USA school is great that’s what they make at all schools in that conference. Southern miss is a bottom half school meaning no they won’t attract high level coaches unless they have been fired and wants to stay in it. It’s a blessing for position coaches to make 100k or 90k thats the norm across the board in the conference unless you’re winning championships. Marshall is in the same conference and have been to bowl games and winning tradition and they pay just about that much too. Bottom line is that he is taking the next step career wise and I’m sure Alcorn even with him having Coordinator title won’t pay him 80-90k. Hopson might retire thawed cause I don’t see him having a great run they will always be middle of pack maybe bowl games every so often

To be honest, it won't hurt Alcorn too tough. They've shown that their coaches can get promoted up the food chain so coaches wont be as hesitant to take positions there. Sort of like what the AAC does in FBS.

This will be a recurring problem for most of the programs in our conference. For better or worse there will be turnover in our programs. Who are the top two longest tenured head football coaches in the SWAC? Fobbs & Odoms. Both have been rumored to be candidates for other coaching jobs. Let's not even start the discussion about assistant and position coaching turnover. The arguably most successful SWAC head basketball coach of the last ten years, bolted for the prospect of a better opportunity. We won the conference this year after making wholesale changes on the coaching staff. I appreciate Stanchek's contributions to the O-Line's development and the play-calling responsibilities, but......
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Now if folks are thinking number 6 is not within our reach, think again as Braveman97 states we gon be alright.

This was the coach that was with McNair recruiting here a few years ago. I didn’t get his name but I remember his face. This would be a great loss to Alcorn.

This was the coach that was with McNair recruiting here a few years ago. I didn’t get his name but I remember his face. This would be a great loss to Alcorn.
Hopson must have watched the Celebration Bowl. Lol! I noticed the camera did zoom in on him during the part of the game I recorded which was the first time that I became aware of him.

Coaching matters especially if he was also a good recruiter. Nobody could stop alcorn from running that rock (well we did before we got worn down). That oline has been a huge part of what Alcorn does offensively. I think yall averaged around 300 yards per game on the ground last season. That's a huge deal. This could be a minor setback like what Gram experienced post Dooley. Yall will still be a force with that defense though.

Coaching matters especially if he was also a good recruiter. Nobody could stop alcorn from running that rock (well we did before we got worn down). That oline has been a huge part of what Alcorn does offensively. I think yall averaged around 300 yards per game on the ground last season. That's a huge deal. This could be a minor setback like what Gram experienced post Dooley. Yall will still be a force with that defense though.
You mean when Grambling lost Kincade? On the real though, We have been through several coaching changes. After the 2014 season, we lost Willie Simmons to Prairie View. After 2015, we lost Hopson and half of the staff to USM and this was less than a week before signing day. After 2017, we lost both OC and DC and their replacements looks to both been upgrades. After 2018 year we lose OC to USM. I hate to lose staff period but unless you are in the SEC or the NFL if you have talented coaches a bigger and better program is going to come calling. I would rather a coach come here for a couple of years leave his mark and move up the ranks than to have coaches look at Alcorn and the SWAC as career suicide or only take the job because the couldn't get hired anywhere else. Hopson had bad timing when he left for USM however he left Alcorn program in better shape than he found it. My only hope is that we continue the formula that got us in the position (Great DL and OL play). A team that is a major threat to running the ball can wear down a team.

You mean when Grambling lost Kincade? On the real though, We have been through several coaching changes. After the 2014 season, we lost Willie Simmons to Prairie View. After 2015, we lost Hopson and half of the staff to USM and this was less than a week before signing day. After 2017, we lost both OC and DC and their replacements looks to both been upgrades. After 2018 year we lose OC to USM. I hate to lose staff period but unless you are in the SEC or the NFL if you have talented coaches a bigger and better program is going to come calling. I would rather a coach come here for a couple of years leave his mark and move up the ranks than to have coaches look at Alcorn and the SWAC as career suicide or only take the job because the couldn't get hired anywhere else. Hopson had bad timing when he left for USM however he left Alcorn program in better shape than he found it. My only hope is that we continue the formula that got us in the position (Great DL and OL play). A team that is a major threat to running the ball can wear down a team.
Well said Tierre, I surely don't think the SWAC coaches are circling the wagon saying we got the Braves now? Coach McNair will find another OL coach and OC to mentor. If you are not green and growing then you are ripe and rotten. We are green and growing.

Good riddance! I mean good luck, and sorry for the loss to the Brave Nation. No l don't.
I say again, "Good riddance!".

Correct and there were drop offs here and there. After Hopson left you guys went 5-6 that next season. I like the fact that yall promoted from within. Both of your coordinators now are guys that's been there at least 3 years and both were better than their predecessors. I don't expect yall to fall off since your losing just the OC/Oline coach but a minor set back can be expected. Hopson left a good foundation so as long as key people are still using that model then there won't be a downfall. I was shocked that nobody came after Ced. That's the best I've seen yall defense in a while. #savages

Back