Rachel Maddow Breaks Down Over Babies Being Held in ‘Tender Age’ Shelters (Video)

In the end, a government's loyalty is ultimately to its natural born & naturalized citizens. That's all there is to it. While it's a shame that many South American countries don't seem to get this, the U.S. can't fix everything.

A lot of those "problems" faced in the global south are of the US's creation.

I didn't want to say what @Cis-BrothaB said but lets see this white liberal outrage next time something happens to black kids.

That's not an unfair point, but people in general fail to see how all those issues tie together. Of course, it's almost entirely reactionary based on hatred of the person in charge. ICE wasn't exactly a cuddly force for good in 2015 either, yet here we are.

This is so sad. There is a Japanese internment camp here near Grambling that most don't speak about. It's really hurtful.

Now I could see if they kept the families together in some sort of housing and was working on visas and IDs for them. Yet, the cages and separation is saddening.

I know all of us have cried for our mommas and daddys before. Imagine it being in a situation like this.

The Japanese were American citizens of Japanese descent and lock up for that reason. Terrible.

I’m fine with coming up with a fair and structured immigration policy but that doesn’t include accepting everyone who wants to come here. Some people will be rejected. We also can’t accept every asylum seeker either. It’s not realistic. But, I don’t support inhumane treatment of anyone trying to find a better life just like I don’t support prisoners being abused. However America, like any other country has a right to enforce their laws and borders. That’s logical. From a political strategy perspective, African Americans should not advocate for these policies that don’t enforce immigration laws. Every city where illegal immigration is a problem, the African American community becomes politically disenfranchised.

The narrative about open borders is a lie that 45 is spreading!

Most people in this country want fair immigration policy. That includes people having the right to seek asylum. Many of these people are here because of previous US policy and operations. People forget history, but as the europeans, asians and now americans are learning the children have to deal with the sins of their fathers. These people represent US sins, but americans forget what their fathers did.

DgkqXKsVMAAzrsg.jpg

I'm sorry but this family separation crap is nothing but a bunch of fake outrage and a losing issue for democrats. They need to be getting infront of issues that resonate with Americans and stop thinking bleeding hearts= ballots. This ain't it. The more it becomes a story, the more people become desensitized to the point were the coverage becomes annoying. People say infront of the cameras what they think needs to be said but will go in the voting booth and vote otherwise.

Just like how the access Hollywood tape and the non-stop,contrived fake outrage from the media backfired. It didn't keep white women and evangelicals from voting for trump.

I'm pretty positive that if immigrants had a forum similar to HBCUSports, there would not be any outrage or discussion over unarmed Black kids being killed from Sacramento to Pittsburgh. And they probably couldn't tell you who Dr. Martin Luther King is.

It's hard for me to be sympathetic about migrant children being removed from their families when I have literally been seeing US-born Black kids have their families torn apart literally my entire life.

I do agree that it is unfortunate, but we have to stop letting white liberals determine what it is that we need to be upset about each month.

I'm pretty positive that if immigrants had a forum similar to HBCUSports, there would not be any outrage or discussion over unarmed Black kids being killed from Sacramento to Pittsburgh. And they probably couldn't tell you who Dr. Martin Luther King is.

It's hard for me to be sympathetic about migrant children being removed from their families when I have literally been seeing US-born Black kids have their families torn apart literally my entire life.

I do agree that it is unfortunate, but we have to stop letting white liberals determine what it is that we need to be upset about each month.

There are legal entry point to the US that a lot of the migrants have chosen not to use. A guy I work with whose family migrated here said those people WANT to get caught, because they know the US can’t do a catch and release if they try to enter illegally.

Back