Rachel Maddow Breaks Down Over Babies Being Held in ‘Tender Age’ Shelters (Video)

Olde Hornet

https://www.thewrap.com/rachel-madd...est-migrants-are-held-in-tender-age-shelters/

MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow struggled to process the latest news that the babies and toddler-age children of undocumented immigrants have been sent to “tender age” shelters by the Trump administration.

“This has just come out from the Associated Press, Trump Administration officials have been sending babies and other young children to at least three …” Maddow said on Tuesday’s show, then she had to stop mid-sentence as she couldn’t hold back her emotions.

“Can we put up the graphic of this?” Maddow asked her producers, “… three ‘tender age’ shelters in South Texas, lawyers …”

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
  • The American Indian boarding schools were part of a forced assimilation project that aimed to "Kill the Indian...save the man," removing tens of thousands of Native American youth from their homes, their culture and their families. Post-traumatic stress disorder and feelings of alienation and abandonment followed these children throughout their lives.
  • The Japanese internment camps, considered a low point in American history, detained Japanese American families in prison camps without due process for 4 years and often kept families separated from one another. Half of those interned during those dark days were children who suffered long-term damage to their physical and emotional health.

There is no question that forced family separations cause unspeakable trauma-- the historical record makes that clear.

This is so sad. There is a Japanese internment camp here near Grambling that most don't speak about. It's really hurtful.

Now I could see if they kept the families together in some sort of housing and was working on visas and IDs for them. Yet, the cages and separation is saddening.

I know all of us have cried for our mommas and daddys before. Imagine it being in a situation like this.

This should be of no concern to black people. We got our own problems to deal with.

This type of thinking is so idiotic. You can strike a bigger blow with a clenched fist than an open hand. We should all be joining these causes that affects minorities. Just had the Supreme Court ok businesses to discriminate, the Fed’s are allowing DHS to rip kids from parents seeking asylum, we just left the UN human rights council, we have a President who openly is trying to become pals with Dictators, and you don’t think this will come knocking at our door???

This type of thinking is so idiotic. You can strike a bigger blow with a clenched fist than an open hand. We should all be joining these causes that affects minorities. Just had the Supreme Court ok businesses to discriminate, the Fed’s are allowing DHS to rip kids from parents seeking asylum, we just left the UN human rights council, we have a President who openly is trying to become pals with Dictators, and you don’t think this will come knocking at our door???

You think we supposed to support gays and illegals when they ain’t supporting us? You done lost your mind, brotha.

This should be of no concern to black people. We got our own problems to deal with.

LOL....brother you sound mindless.

I'm an independent because I want all minorities to join together and push the proper narrative that all people are created equal and that we should be treated equally. If Hispanics, Black, and Latinos joined together we would be the swing vote in every election. This would lead to the legal system being revamped because you would have more DA's, Sheriffs, and judges willing to utilize other forms of punishment outside of sending people to prison. You would have more accountability on police officers who abuse others.

See this is much bigger than one ethnic group.

That part in bold tells a story. There will be more abuses by soldiers, more police brutality, etc.... It sickens me to see this guy we refer to as president shaking a man's hand that has killed Americans and another who killed people who wanted to leave his country.

You think we supposed to support gays and illegals when they ain’t supporting us? You done lost your mind, brotha.

I don't think that the idea is to support the cause but more so to fight the oppressive tactic. The tactic that they are using on these groups will be applied to us in the future. These are all dry runs to see how much oppression people will silently tolerate.

They will try to use our silence in these other acts as justification when they do it to us.

"oh you didn't say anything when we discriminated against the gays, we thought y'all were cool with it".

LOL....brother you sound mindless.

I'm an independent because I want all minorities to join together and push the proper narrative that all people are created equal and that we should be treated equally. If Hispanics, Black, and Latinos joined together we would be the swing vote in every election. This would lead to the legal system being revamped because you would have more DA's, Sheriffs, and judges willing to utilize other forms of punishment outside of sending people to prison. You would have more accountability on police officers who abuse others.

See this is much bigger than one ethnic group.

Independent?

You living in a damn fantasy land. Lol.

That part in bold tells a story. There will be more abuses by soldiers, more police brutality, etc.... It sickens me to see this guy we refer to as president shaking a man's hand that has killed Americans and another who killed people who wanted to leave his country.

Every POTUS we’ve had is no better than Kim. We’ve blown up countries full of people, stolen their resources and caused so much destruction around the world.

^^^See what lack of reading does? Dude we didn’t get as far as we got alone. Jews helped, Hispanics helped, Hell some of our greatest civil rights figures were gay (see James Baldwin). I don’t have to agree with the lifestyle to support the right to live like every other human being.

You win dude. It was all Malcolm X, Dr. King, and The Black Panthers that got us Civil Rights......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't think that the idea is to support the cause but more so to fight the oppressive tactic. The tactic that they are using on these groups will be applied to us in the future. These are all dry runs to see how much oppression people will silently tolerate.

They will try to use our silence in these other acts as justification when they do it to us.

"oh you didn't say anything when we discriminated against the gays, we thought y'all were cool with it".

Lest we forget, it has been done in the past to us.

th

Are you a U.S. citizen? If so, since you are so unhappy seek Asylum in another country. LOL

In the end, a government's loyalty is ultimately to its natural born & naturalized citizens. That's all there is to it. While it's a shame that many South American countries don't seem to get this, the U.S. can't fix everything.

In the end, a government's loyalty is ultimately to its natural born & naturalized citizens. That's all there is to it. While it's a shame that many South American countries don't seem to get this, the U.S. can't fix everything.

Brother you are going from one end to the other....first you say how horrible the U.S. is and what was done to other countries then you flip back and say the U.S. can't fix everything.

BigHead is this you??????

Brother you are going from one end to the other....first you say how horrible the U.S. is and what was done to other countries then you flip back and say the U.S. can't fix everything.

BigHead is this you??????

Brother, this shsu alum is not your "brother," brother. :D lol He's trolling, Found.

This GOVT won't properly investigate police shootings despite outrage from families of victims and police accountability activists around the world, but it'll cease separating migrant families due to outrage over the practice... This place needs to hurry up and collapse.

Back