Miguel Bonds headed to GA

atl hornet

Anyone got the inside scoop? I was hoping it was Morris Brown seeing as how they have become fully accredited again, but someone said he’s going to CAU.

If that’s true then it’s one of the best hires Clark has ever made. It makes no sense college bands in Atlanta are an afterthought. With the big HBCU footprint and the rich history of high school bands here, it’s about time CAU has decided to take band serious.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Either one would be great for him. That man is a good recruiter. He will probably take a large portion of Talledega students with him.

I was going to disagree with you because CAU is super expensive and the admission requirements , but I know for a fact CAU let high schoolers and people not even enrolled in school march in the band lol

Hopefully he can do it the right way though

I was going to disagree with you because CAU is super expensive and the admission requirements , but I know for a fact CAU let high schoolers and people not even enrolled in school march in the band lol

Hopefully he can do it the right way though
Well sounds FAMUish to me lol

If it's Clark, his best bet will be to start small with high academic kids and build over 2 or 3 years, as opposed to trying to bring in 100 transfers that could be higher risk.

them dumb a$$ kids aint getting into CAU.

3QNU.gif

Clark Atl is a hard school to get accepted in!! Why you think they never reached over 100 but were very good their last real season 2004! However they do not have a accreditation for their music program and zero scholarships either!! When Grambling played them in 2017 in Chicago they had a decent sound for their size and they also had tri cities high school band merge too that’s not a good move for bonds at all

Clark Atl is a hard school to get accepted in!! Why you think they never reached over 100 but were very good their last real season 2004! However they do not have a accreditation for their music program and zero scholarships either!! When Grambling played them in 2017 in Chicago they had a decent sound for their size and they also had tri cities high school band merge too that’s not a good move for bonds at all

Wow I had no idea they didn’t offer music scholarships..that’s absolutely ridiculous. The AUC needs a strong band program again! Ain’t had one since the Morris Brown debacle.

Clark used to offer music scholarships back in the 1980's and 1990's. I don't know what happened. I guess the change of administration over the years. My brother and sister marched in Clark band on music scholarships. I also had many friends who were music majors who graduated from Clark and some are band directors in Atlanta. In fact I have three friends who I went to highschool with that was on the first KKPsi line at Clark.

A. He helped build up Talladega. I hope Talladega as a school can keep that needed momentum
B. If it's Clark and they dont help him with recruiting with money...this is an L waiting to happen because flooding Clark with New Orleans freshmen AINT gonna happen...

So what happened to the lady at Clark? Didn't she just get there?
She got there in 2017 her and her husband both got hired! She was there in 2017 when Clark Atl played grambling and Clark had a decent sound to be that size !but they also had tri city high school marching with them too! Cedric young left after 2004 that man build that program and they took the money! Atl as a whole stopped funding their music programs! However schools like Morehouse Clark Atl all were private universities and hard to get into also but Clark always was a small band with a big sound they did pretty good at Honda that one year

Band programs at Morehouse and Clark are about to be non-existent....not enough members to even form a circle on the field. Its really NOT a good luck. Whatever needs to be done, they just ARE NOT doing it. I'm about to say, sideline the band program and just leave the dancers to perform Seriously. Pull em up on youtube for 2021 season and you'll see what I mean. I really hate it for both schools

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Any band needs funding for scholarships, use of time by the directors and practice space. I'm guessing Clark has some practice space but funding is going to be a hindrance. Their tuition is sky high and that won't help with the standards they have to get in. It isnt IMPOSSIBLE to make aband of decent size with their standards. But it's a huge uphill battle. You will have to truly sell a Clark education, alumni network, etc...and make the standards the reason you get ALOT of that caliber student. Bandhead-ism ain't gone work...

I hate to see what has happened to the music programs in the AUC! I remember the days of watching Clark, Morris Brown and Morehouse bands back in the day battle it out. Sad!

I still remember my sophomore year at Bama State. CAU came to Crampton Bowl and acted a fool. They had some pretty decent numbers back then and I think that dude Warren was still a director over there. Everyone knew about MBC but CAU had some pretty good years around 2000.

I still remember my sophomore year at Bama State. CAU came to Crampton Bowl and acted a fool. They had some pretty decent numbers back then and I think that dude Warren was still a director over there. Everyone knew about MBC but CAU had some pretty good years around 2000.
Warren was a asst Cedric Clark was the director he left in 2004 after that took away the music program music major they took the band money

Back