Florida A&M vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Updates: 2:00pm CT

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
To listen to the Florida A&M Broadcast: click here
To listen to the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Broadcast: click here

Game Time: 2:00pm CT
TV/Stream: ESPN+

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!
The smack policy will be HEAVILY enforced. Ignoring it WILL result in an immediate ban from the sports board WITHOUT notice.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Screenshot_20211113-231001_Chrome.jpgWe got us a qb, 5 touchdowns, 500+ passing yards. The defense did it again limiting opponent to under 200 total yards. Arkansas qb rushed for (-12) yards.
Pine bluff plays hard but they have fallen apart since the spring championship game. OC left them for valley which says something. They have a long way to go in the western division before they become a winning program. Good game famu. Handled your business and didn't fool around today.

Rasean McKay has looked so much more comfortable at QB as the season has progressed. He’s throwing the ball with pace that we hadn’t seen from him before...I think he’s finally become “That guy” at QB.

Rasean McKay has looked so much more comfortable at QB as the season has progressed. He’s throwing the ball with pace that we hadn’t seen from him before...I think he’s finally become “That guy” at QB.
Everybody looks good against Pine Bluff bro! Please don't use these late games in the season when there is literally nothing to play for (some teams) as a barometer for good QB play. Trust me, what you saw in the beginning of the season from McKay is likely what his true ability really is --especially against top tier competition!

It’s always good when the backups get to play. A lot of times they don’t get to showcase their talent on the field.
True. Coach Simmons and Coach Gamble were assistant coaches at Alcorn State together. He was not going to run up the score especially when the Rattlers must win against BCU to keep keep their FCS Playoff hopes alive.

True. Coach Simmons and Coach Gamble were assistant coaches at Alcorn State together. He was not going to run up the score especially when the Rattlers must win against BCU to keep keep their FCS Playoff hopes alive.

Oh really? I was wondering why FAMU didn't put more points on the board after the half. I don't like to admit it, but I thought we'd get shot out the sky, so the final score surprised me.

I guess when you love and support a team who went down 6-90 no score really seems too bad afterwards.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Everybody looks good against Pine Bluff bro! Please don't use these late games in the season when there is literally nothing to play for (some teams) as a barometer for good QB play. Trust me, what you saw in the beginning of the season from McKay is likely what his true ability really is --especially against top tier competition!

No, he’s actually gotten more comfortable with the offense. He’s throwing the ball with real pace now and making much better reads.

Early in the season, he had a real problem skipping passes to his receivers, but as the season has progressed, he’s gotten better. It’s exactly what should happen with a first-year full-time starter.

Bad QBs will always be bad QBs regardless of competition...but McKay is showing that he’s pretty solid and poised to be a great QB for the Rattlers

That is what you want to believe. JSU defeated FAMU 7-6. Both defenses are the main reason for the low scoring game. However, McKay was still developing as a QB and missed several reads when he had time to throw that could have been TDs. Also, I am not sure you are aware that McKay only played QB his senior year in high school and then sat behind Stanley for two years. I expect McKay to shine this weekend against BCU and throughout the FCS playoffs should FAMU get selected:)

That is what you want to believe. JSU defeated FAMU 7-6. Both defenses are the main reason for the low scoring game. However, McKay was still developing as a QB and missed several reads when he had time to throw that could have been TDs. Also, I am not sure you are aware that McKay only played QB his senior year in high school and then sat behind Stanley for two years. I expect McKay to shine this weekend against BCU and throughout the FCS playoffs should FAMU get selected:)
He's a junior tho. I thought when you said still developing you were referring to a freshman or rs freshman lol

This is the same McKay y'all were bragging on before the season started. We heard a million times how he came into the game and beat NCAT ( yalls claim to fame) and had wins under his belt. I told you before the season he sucked and he still does now. None of his passes were going to be TDs. Your defense is good but JSU scoring only 7 that game was due to a lack of execution and a freshman qb taking his first collegiate snaps.

He's a junior tho. I thought when you said still developing you were referring to a freshman or rs freshman lol
If you understand football you should understand that a player can't develop without playing time. He sat behind Stanley for 2 years. McKay has played 10 games this year during which he developed into an outstanding QB.

This is the same McKay y'all were bragging on before the season started. We heard a million times how he came into the game and beat NCAT ( yalls claim to fame) and had wins under his belt. I told you before the season he sucked and he still does now. None of his passes were going to be TDs. Your defense is good but JSU scoring only 7 that game was due to a lack of execution and a freshman qb taking his first collegiate snaps.
And what we learned was that he needed actual game experience to develop into the QB he is now. He has thrown for 2,084 yards, 19 TDs, with only 4 INTs. Don't hate, appreciate. I bet there will be a lot of hurt feelings if the Rattlers make their way into the FCS playoffs.lol

And what we learned was that he needed actual game experience to develop into the QB he is now. He has thrown for 2,084 yards, 19 TDs, with only 4 INTs. Don't hate, appreciate. I bet there will be a lot of hurt feelings if the Rattlers make their way into the FCS playoffs.lol
Why would our feelings be hurt? I hope y'all go and represent the conference as the Swac's second best team 😆. Do us proud

He still sucks as stated lol

Back