Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Alabama State
Attendance: 12341

Grambling at Alcorn State
Attendance: 14500

Jackson State at Alabama A&M
Attendance: 21835

Mississippi Valley State at Bethune Cookman
Attendance: 10178

Southern vs Texas Southern (Arlington, Tx)
Attendance: 15736

South Carolina State at Florida A&M
Attendance: 14892

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nawl jsu the one that baked in that 2:00 heat. We had more than a couple of fans to requires medical attention!!!
I drove up from B'ham and made it there at around 12:45 pm. Somehow I parked above the stadium off the main road into the stadium. About the same time that an ambulance siren was screaming as it headed down Industrial drive(?). After walking amongst the sea of tents and smoke from grills, I looked up and saw that the stadium was what seemed like a half a mile away with what appeared to be about 200 ppl in a crowd around the ticket booth. I figured by the time I made it up there and actually got into the stadium it would be at least halftime or later. The heat was real and I saw myself sweating and decided to turn around and seek safety back in my car where I listened to the game. My intent was to get there around 11 am but sometimes the best plans.....

Last edited:
I really hadn't paid attention to this recent afternoon game trend but I can't remember the last time I went to a night game of any type at Valley

Outside of the PV game (which is still TBA and for now on ESPN+ but it might be flexed), all of our home games are at 3 PM and the AAMU game is at 1 PM

I'm not used to heat in October like this so this global warming thing is definitely real lol

I really hadn't paid attention to this recent afternoon game trend but I can't remember the last time I went to a night game of any type at Valley

Outside of the PV game (which is still TBA and for now on ESPN+ but it might be flexed), all of our home games are at 3 PM and the AAMU game is at 1 PM

I'm not used to heat in October like this so this global warming thing is definitely real lol

The PV game will be a 2:00pm game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
has the attendance been over 20k since being played in the DFW.

Just wondering… maybe Toyota Stadium (Frisco) would be better. 20,500 is a sellout there. With 15k in attendance it would look & feel more exciting. That old Rangers stadium is a mess for football. 😖

Just wondering… maybe Toyota Stadium (Frisco) would be better. 20,500 is a sellout there. With 15k in attendance it would look & feel more exciting. That old Rangers stadium is a mess for football. 😖
If you're familiar with DFW locals, you would know the folks in the DFW only go out for 1 football game a year.....and that's the opening weekend of the State Fair. Arlington is trying to bring attractions to the area. Therefore, the game will be in the baseball stadium. If there was a Kincaide held 20,000, the game would be a sellout if played there.

I don't think thee was that many at the game looking at photos. The stu people said they were in the shade cause their side was lit with the hot sunlight. That was one of the issues the Rangers had with that stadium (being too hot), but they should have thought of that when they built it. So when they figured that out, they ended up building a brand new retractable roof stadium next door.

If being played in the Frisco, stu would probably feel at home playing in a soccer stadium.... LOL

If you're familiar with DFW locals, you would know the folks in the DFW only go out for 1 football game a year.....and that's the opening weekend of the State Fair. Arlington is trying to bring attractions to the area. Therefore, the game will be in the baseball stadium. If there was a Kincaide held 20,000, the game would be a sellout if played there.

Yeap I’m a DFW local. 😅 Yes, the locals support the SFC. To be honest I didn't hear one advertisement of the SU/TXSU game this year. (Could be because I work from home now eliminating those commutes in traffic; listening to the morning shows and catching the Promotions). In the past I would hear & see advertisements across social media.
I thought about going to the game but the venue made me say “nah, I’m good”.
It just ruins the experience (imo).

I don't think thee was that many at the game looking at photos. The stu people said they were in the shade cause their side was lit with the hot sunlight. That was one of the issues the Rangers had with that stadium (being too hot), but they should have thought of that when they built it. So when they figured that out, they ended up building a brand new retractable roof stadium next door.

If being played in the Frisco, stu would probably feel at home playing in a soccer stadium.... LOL

LOL at least this soccer stadium could be 80-90% capacity or even a sell out.

They just need to move that game to Houston/Baton Rouge and call it a day.

Hard to do it if your getting checks on a yearly basis now - the LDC made money yearly before home and home

The SFC attendance has plateaued around 35-40k

This game in Arlington can get close if your getting games that are exciting on a yearly basis.

The issue is the promotors gotta let folks know what’s around the games.

With the TV blackout at the SFC - folks don’t see the hype and build up of what’s around the stadium like we used to. You ain’t getting blacks in South Dallas to automatically come there Anymore so you got to appease to that transplant black in North DAllas.

Also playing at 4 pm as invited the sun to play a huge part for both games as the sunny side is always empty. Keep it at 6 -

The sfc always drew 50-60k at night

Back