Southland May blow up

Southland Conference targeting Prairie View, Texas Southern, Grambling, and Southern as potential members​

SLC-SWAC-1.png

the current crop of private schools that came in really had no business adding football but did so to appease the older members. Just going to their games you can see the disconnect.

I would make sure to differentiate between Abilene Christian... and Houston Baptist/Incarnate Word.

Abilene Christian just got a really nice new stadium and has some support behind their institution unlike the other two, both who are recent to football and Division I. Houston Baptist did have a prior stint at the Division I level but still play in facilities that are straight out of Texas middle school ranks.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
West Texas A&M scares me - with A&M system having their hands in this pot that makes you wonder about Prairie View
The A&M System controls the boat and all of us are along for the ride. First tarleton st, and now...

When I saw tamu-comm bolting, I knew it was just a matter of time before w txa&m would follow.

And then we have PV which hasn't fulfilled its obligation to close out the bowl to seat 33K for that next level that the system desire(d/s) to slightly compete w/ the ut-system for state-wide d-1 fbs presence. That was the promise and legislated/accepted act for providing those funds for PV athletics venues' revamps.

I dont see TSU coming to the SWAC, unless there is a D II school moving up like Tuskegee or Albany State.

2 years ago, I would have said that Albany was too far east. Of course with BCU in the SWAC now, they would make perfect sense lol (SSU as well since they were recently D1)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
2 years ago, I would have said that Albany was too far east. Of course with BCU in the SWAC now, they would make perfect sense lol (SSU as well since they were recently D1)

Albany’s close enough to the rest of the East schools to where it makes sense

What would be the point in expanding more anyway? Besides a vanity project just to say you have x amount of teams? With some of these names yall are mentioning it'll just be more hands in the pot thereby reducing whatever payout exists for everyone.

Back