Prairie View A&M vs Incarnate Word Game Thread: 7:00pm CT

I know that almost doesn’t count, but Dooley was 1 score away from a 10-1 record in 2019. 4 of those 5 losses came within one score on final drives. Also, Dooley almost upset FBS Rice, a ranked Nicholls State, and was screwed vs Sam Houston State. So it’s not like he has embarrassed PV vs non conference competition or has looked the worst in the conference vs non SWAC opponents.

At 1-1 with a loss to a team that would beat most, (not all), SWAC teams, do not be surprised if PV still has a good season this year. I don’t believe that PV is trash this year.

When the ledger reads: WON-LOST-ALMOST, it is a sure-fire sign of grasping for straws and desperation.

The metric is VERY clear: WON-LOST.

What is the record over the last 4 seasons IC/OOC? vs D-I fbs/fcs? vs D-I fcs HBCU? ...

When you look at the game, look at how dominant uiw was and how effective their playcalling was as well. Lets not get into special teams because there is no contest there, hence why they had 2 PRs for TDs returned on 2 fictitious "blocks in the back" lol. Obviously their coaching strategy was eons above PV as well. They put on a dominant football clinic to a school at their "level," after only sporting football for 13 years vs a school which sported football for 100 years.

Last edited:
When the ledger reads: WON-LOST-ALMOST, it is a sure-fire sign of grasping for straws and desperation.

The metric is VERY clear: WON-LOST.

What is the record over the last 4 seasons IC/OOC? vs D-I fbs/fcs? vs D-I fcs HBCU? ...

When you look at the game, look at how dominant uiw was and how effective their playcalling was as well. Lets not get into special teams because there is no contest there, hence why they had 2 PRs returned on 2 fictitious "blocks in the back" lol. Obviously their coaching strategy was eons above PV as well. They put on a dominant football clinic to a school at their "level," after only sporting football for 13 years vs a school which sported football for 100 years.

Don’t be shocked if you have a winning season this year. I know almost doesn’t count and made that clear in my post, but embarrassing non conference losses aren’t common to Dooley since he has been there.

Don’t be shocked if y’all have a winning season.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Don’t be shocked if you have a winning season this year. I know almost doesn’t count and made that clear in my post, but embarrassing non conference losses aren’t common to Dooley since he has been there.

No shocking will occur but it's a performance that screams SWAC-average.

We're trying to be SWAC-elite and fcs texas-dominant. Right now, the university at Prairie View is SWAC-mediocre and fcs texas's 2nd to worst with Texas Southern being fcs texas's worst.

No shocking will occur but it's a performance that screams SWAC-average.

We're trying to be SWAC-elite and fcs texas-dominant. Right now, the university at Prairie View is SWAC-mediocre and fcs texas's 2nd to worst with Texas Southern being fcs texas's worst.

I understand, but he hasn’t really been there that long and PV results in the past two decades show that it’s still not easy to be dominant there. Dooley is at a program that has only won 1 SWAC Championship since being serious about football again. Being a SWAC elite-program isn’t as easy as some of y’all are posting. Bewildered, y’all gave a ranked Sam Houston State program and Rice hell in his first games vs them. No, they weren’t wins, but they weren’t embarrassing.

I didn’t expect y’all to beat UIW, but I didn’t expect Dooley to get destroyed either. I definitely understand why y’all are pissed. Hell, I am not happy about GSU’s performance vs USM.

I wish him and y’all well.

What are you jokers seeing that we are missing? PV has the second worst X's and O's in the SWAC. Did you not see us throwing on 3rd and 1 when you got a 200 plus pound RB they couldn't tackle?

What are you jokers seeing that we are missing? PV has the second worst X's and O's in the SWAC. Did you not see us throwing on 3rd and 1 when you got a 200 plus pound RB they couldn't tackle?
Not a joker brutha, my predictions and recruiting information have been proven around here that I know a little something about something. Those turnovers really hurt y’all in this game, but they would have hurt anyone. However, I don’t disagree with that bad call.

You just remember you heard it here first, don’t be shocked if PV has a winning season.

I understand, but he hasn’t really been there that long and PV results in the past two decades show that it’s still not easy to be dominant there. Dooley is at a program that has only won 1 SWAC Championship since being serious about football again. Being a SWAC elite-program isn’t as easy as some of y’all are posting. Bewildered, y’all gave a ranked Sam Houston State program and Rice hell in his first games vs them. No, they weren’t wins, but they weren’t embarrassing.

I didn’t expect y’all to beat UIW, but I didn’t expect Dooley to get destroyed either. I definitely understand why y’all are pissed. Hell, I am not happy about GSU’s performance vs USM.

uiw has played football for 13 freaking years. 13. Not 53, 13. I think it's highly commendable on their behalf that Eric Morris doesn't have the facilities, upside, and overall offering that an entrenched school like PV has/had. 2 years ago, they just funded the summers for footballers to attend summer school and have work outs. 2 years ago.

Yet they manhandled PV at will like it was an elementary school. So, how did Eric Morris make that 2-year turnaround so quickly? Dooley and staff had 4 years to get it right yet we see regression, unless one is touting IC records against obviously weaker "cloaked" fcs schools in the SWAC.

So again, what is the metric vs D-I fcs/fbs? IC/OOC fcs? OOC vs sub-D-1?

uiw has played football for 13 freaking years. 13. Not 53, 13. I think it's highly commendable on their behalf that Eric Morris doesn't have the facilities, upside, and overall offering that an entrenched school like PV has/had. 2 years ago, they just funded the summers for footballers to attend summer school and have work outs. 2 years ago.

Yet they manhandled PV at will like it was an elementary school. So, how did Eric Morris make that 2-year turnaround so quickly? Dooley and staff had 4 years to get it right yet we see regression, unless one is touting IC records against obviously weaker "cloaked" fcs schools in the SWAC.

I hear you bro, but y’all would have lost to Savannah State by a wide margin with all of those turnovers. It was definitely a bad game for PV. I understand your frustration, but getting destroyed isn’t something that he has done often at PV.

I hear you bro, but y’all would have lost to Savannah State by a wide margin with all of those turnovers. It was definitely a bad game for PV. I understand your frustration, but getting destroyed isn’t something that he has done often at PV.
The better team won last Saturday. We cannot refute that. They were very well prepared and played eons better than their opponent.

Cannot make a lie of this: uiw football > PV football.

We can throw those silly stats out the window because when the rubber hits the road (40-9), that is what is in the official ledger.

I'm still tripping on the fact they played football for 13 years. Only 13 years w/ a current coaching staff which is now in year #3 and has won a conference co-championship. lol

The better team won last Saturday. We cannot refute that. They were very well prepared and played eons better than their opponent.

Cannot make a lie of this: uiw football > PV football.

We can throw those silly stats out the window because when the rubber hits the road (40-9), that is what is in the official ledger.

I'm still tripping on the fact they played football for 13 years. Only 13 years w/ a current coaching staff which is now in year #3 and has won a conference co-championship. lol
I do hear you. Frustration is a part of the game sometimes my brutha. To watch my G-Men get shut out by USM like they were Notre Dame made me want ti puke!

Let me just say this the late Tom Benson(Saints owner) and his wife( current Saints owner gives million to IW

Let me just say this the late Tom Benson(Saints owner) and his wife( current Saints owner gives million to IW

Their football stadium is named after them.

De9Z1TLU0AA9dUW.jpg

Take him back

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
they have 10K students and funded by the Catholic Church - basically they would be the largest SWAC school overnight. Plus they can dip into both the black ad white talent pool with no issues. Not hard to see how they can jump ahead quickly

Rollins might dip into some of that East Texas Talent. He is from Newton, Tx. McNeese during their glory years had a a number of players from that area.
Lets not discuss what we know in this public area mane.

We are familiar with what is plentiful in that region.

Lets go Beee!

Back