Federal embezzlement charges filed against Nathan Haymer

blame modern video cameras nd expanded band sizes

Modern Cameras allowed folks to get in much closer than they usually would and then SU expanded the band which allowed others who may never get in all up in there. At 128 it felt like you had to earn your way in

The HBCU Band World has gotten to be too weird for me. From all of the Haymer fanboying to the whole crankfest culture; it just doesn't feel the same. I'm over it really.

haymer is an amazing director and arranger. No different than a superstar nba player having fans. And what’s wrong with crankiest type of battles?

our culture was built on stuff like that. Jazz bands in New Orleans met up and battled back in the day, and they still do. We’ve had some virtual crankfest type of battles this spring & they were much needed since bands couldn’t sit across from each other until the SWAC title game.

get with the times

blame modern video cameras nd expanded band sizes

Modern Cameras allowed folks to get in much closer than they usually would and then SU expanded the band which allowed others who may never get in all up in there. At 128 it felt like you had to earn your way in

Smh

we’re our own worse enemy. This is pure hate

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Cranking without fundamentals didn't make him embezzle money. Now as far as "bandheadism" is concerned, that's an entirely different post because you got way too many people joining the chorus on calling good tonguing "playing choppy"...ijs...another topic for that.

haymer is an amazing director and arranger. No different than a superstar nba player having fans. And what’s wrong with crankiest type of battles?

our culture was built on stuff like that. Jazz bands in New Orleans met up and battled back in the day, and they still do. We’ve had some virtual crankfest type of battles this spring & they were much needed since bands couldn’t sit across from each other until the SWAC title game.

get with the times

Smh

we’re our own worse enemy. This is pure hate
not hate - it wasn't this bad when Haymer was a SWACPAGE poster lol

once the modern era came in - directors become more accessible and even younger so their entourages were bigger. You couldn't just waltz up to SU at one time and expect to get access. And yes, when they went from 128 to whatever you had more folks available to get it in which means more alumni, fans, etc.

It didn't help also the BOB formats became less and went towards "crankfests" as they were cheaper and everyone is involved in the action.

not hate - it wasn't this bad when Haymer was a SWACPAGE poster lol

once the modern era came in - directors become more accessible and even younger so their entourages were bigger. You couldn't just waltz up to SU at one time and expect to get access. And yes, when they went from 128 to whatever you had more folks available to get it in which means more alumni, fans, etc.

It didn't help also the BOB formats became less and went towards "crankfests" as they were cheaper and everyone is involved in the action.

Jesus Christ

are you really complaining the size of the band has grown?

and the whole world is more accessible now. Hell I wish my band had the things the Jukebox has. They have went to South America, the rose bowl, Honda, and many of different events because of their presence.

SU is by far the most popular band and gets the most views online. That in turn means more opportunities for the band.

Jesus Christ

are you really complaining the size of the band has grown?

and the whole world is more accessible now. Hell I wish my band had the things the Jukebox has. They have went to South America, the rose bowl, Honda, and many of different events because of their presence.

SU is by far the most popular band and gets the most views online. That in turn means more opportunities for the band.

they were already popular before and online has made it even bigger - but we're talking about the "culture" change and obsession is partly due to allowing more folks in. Don't forget - there are a large chunk of folks who may have done a semester or so act more crazed than a 4-year vet and them overhyping things or running to every event is their way to stay involved.

one of the most polarizing HBCU band directors was indicted by the federal government. This a huge news story in our culture….

My bad for keeping up with current events. I’ll just let the board continue to die
Lol......,keep on posting. Most of us non-bandheads considered that point of view.

No it isn't a shame. Being a band director with charisma doesn't absolve anyone of federal crimes or any crimes. This ain't a conspiracy. This ain't someone out to get him. Go read the case against him. I'm a lawyer. He got caught. End of story. Lesson: don't embezzle money

Plain and simple.

A mistake is mixing cayenne pepper in a BBQ rub instead of paprika (yes I've actually done this lol)

You have to make an effort to take money that ain't yours.

The fact that people are really willing to overlook this just plays into what someone said earlier about band culture being "different" today.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Let the man do his time/probation and whatever else he has to do. Everybody deserves a second chance. My cousin robbed a gas station at gun point in his 30s . Now employs about 30 people in a private business in his late 40s, mentoring young black men. People can learn from their bad decisions and move on.

Let the man do his time/probation and whatever else he has to do. Everybody deserves a second chance. My cousin robbed a gas station at gun point in his 30s . Now employs about 30 people in a private business in his late 40s, mentoring young black men. People can learn from their bad decisions and move on.
This is his 3rd chance he stole from his high school too.

That has been proven false.
If that is the case, that’s good for him…, however., it’s still a blemish as he followed that up years later with his selfishness to SU… and I do believe some folks on that board heads need to roll as well.He will have a hard time ever being able to be trusted again.

No it hasn’t been proven to be false. Hopefully brotherman can get another opportunity to do what it is he’s passionate about.

The GOAT is free! Saw him post on his Instagram page a few weeks ago. The brother has served his time and lauded his debt to society. I truly hope he gets another chance somewhere.

I don't understand why people are still supporting this man. He LIED about stealing money from the band that is already struggling with resources and people who was in the band he stole from still support him ... that makes a whole lotta since. Haymer lives beyond his means and is a huge show off so he'll never be happy and will always look for ways to cheat to "look good". And he's slow, he was fired at Washington-Marion High for the same thing. Clearly he's not good at stealing so he needs to stop but anyway he's ya'll hero regardless.

But with that being said, he was one of the best directors SU had. He is very talented but again I think he's very not well in the head, insecure, likes too much attention, and is untrustworthy

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz3tWKDuzTg/?hl=en

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are still supporting this man. He LIED about stealing money from the band that is already struggling with resources and people who was in the band he stole from still support him ... that makes a whole lotta since. Haymer lives beyond his means and is a huge show off so he'll never be happy and will always look for ways to cheat to "look good". And he's slow, he was fired at Washington-Marion High for the same thing. Clearly he's not good at stealing so he needs to stop but anyway he's ya'll hero regardless.

But with that being said, he was one of the best directors SU had. He is very talented but again I think he's very not well in the head, insecure, likes too much attention, and is untrustworthy

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz3tWKDuzTg/?hl=en
hey! guess what.

Back