SWAC Announces 2021 ESPN Football Schedule

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The Southwestern Athletic Conference has announced its 2021 SWAC Football telecast schedule highlighted by a record number of games slated to be carried on ESPN’s linear and digital platforms.

Alcorn State will kickoff league coverage during Week Zero on Saturday, August 28 when the Braves travel to Atlanta to face North Carolina Central in the MEAC/SWAC Challenge live on ESPN.

The 2021 slate of ESPN games is also highlighted by several highly anticipated league classics as the Labor Day Classic featuring Prairie View A&M at Texas Southern, the Magic City Classic featuring Alabama A&M versus Alabama State, and the Florida Classic featuring Bethune-Cookman versus Florida A&M will all take center stage this upcoming season.

The 2021 Cricket Wireless SWAC Football Championship Game is slated to be shown live on ESPNU on Saturday, December 4. In all the league will make a record 39 appearances on ESPN platforms this upcoming fall season.

The full listing of upcoming SWAC football ESPN games that have been announced can be found below.

Aug. 28​
North Carolina Central vs. Alcorn State​
ESPN​
Sept. 4​
Southern at Troy​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Sept. 4​
Bethune-Cookman at UTEP​
ESPN3​
Sept. 4​
Prairie View A&M at Texas Southern​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Sept. 5​
Jackson State vs. Florida A&M​
ESPN2​
Sept. 11​
Bethune-Cookman at Central Florida​
ESPN+​
Sept. 11​
Grambling State at Southern Mississippi​
ESPN3​
Sept. 11​
Alabama State at Auburn​
SECN​
Sept. 11​
Texas Southern at Baylor​
ESPN+​
Sept. 11​
Tennessee State vs. Jackson State​
* ESPN Family of Networks​
Sept. 16​
Alabama A&M at Bethune-Cookman​
ESPNU​
Sept. 18​
Grambling State at Houston​
ESPN+​
Sept. 18​
Florida A&M at South Florida​
ESPN+​
Sept. 18​
Jackson State at Louisiana Monroe​
ESPN3​
Sept. 18​
Alcorn State at South Alabama​
ESPN3​
Sept. 23​
Alcorn State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff​
ESPNU​
Sept. 25​
Bethune-Cookman at Alabama State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Sept. 26​
Southern vs. Mississippi Valley State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Sept. 30​
Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Prairie View A&M​
ESPNU​
Oct. 2​
Alabama A&M at Grambling State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 9​
Jackson State at Alabama A&M​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct .9​
Grambling State at Alcorn State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 16​
Florida A&M at Alabama A&M​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 16​
Southern at Arkansas-Pine Bluff​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 16​
Alabama State at Jackson State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 23​
Bethune-Cookman at Jackson State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 23​
Prairie View A&M at Southern​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 30​
Alabama A&M vs. Alabama State​
Oct. 30​
Grambling State at Florida A&M​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Oct. 30​
Alcorn State at Southern​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 6​
Florida A&M at Southern​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 6​
Grambling State at Arkansas-Pine Bluff​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 13​
Jackson State at Southern​
Nov. 13​
Alabama A&M at Texas Southern​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 20​
Bethune-Cookman vs. Florida A&M​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 20​
Alcorn State at Jackson State​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Nov. 27​
Mississippi Valley State at Prairie View A&M​
ESPN Family of Networks​
Dec. 4​
SWAC Football Championship​
ESPNU​

They left off Valley/Murray State (since all of the OVC games are on ESPN+) which has been flexed to September 2

Seems like a lot of those "ESPN Family of Networks" thing are gonna ESPNU/ESPN3 games allowing flex games

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Grambling will have seven games on TV including the Bayou Classic. That’s sweet.

I wonder if the Tennessee State game will get picked up by someone.

They left off Valley/Murray State (since all of the OVC games are on ESPN+) which has been flexed to September 2

Seems like a lot of those "ESPN Family of Networks" thing are gonna ESPNU/ESPN3 games allowing flex games
That listing is not yet compete. I know because Southern's games against Troy and McNeese will also be aired but are missing from that list. All of Southern's games will be aired with the lone exception of Miles College Bears.

ESPN Family of Networks? What exactly is that? I don't get ESPNU/ESPN3. I get ESPN and ESPN2. If the games are not on those two channels, I am gonna be shit out of luck. :mad:

ESPN Family of Networks? What exactly is that? I don't get ESPNU/ESPN3. I get ESPN and ESPN2. If the games are not on those two channels, I am gonna be shit out of luck. :mad:
you don't have a firestick? You can just use that, log into your cable subscriber and watch espn3

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Y’all need to get on this
2500 hundred channels less than $50 I still have my direct tv but you get every local station in the country plus all the sports packages, and great adult programming.

ESPN3 is an internet connection and therefore is not a TV channel. But are you sure you don't get espnu? Seems that if your package includes espn and espn2, it would also have espnu.

Last edited:
ESPN3 is an internet connection and therefore is not a TV channel. But are you sure you don't get espnu? Seems that if your package includes espn and espn2, it would also have espnu.

Espn3 is both. It's a channel as well.

ESPN Family of Networks:

ESPN

ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPN3 (Streaming/TV)
ESPN+ (Streaming)
WatchESPN (App. Need a paid service to watch games on it)
ABC (Celebration Bowl)

If you have DirecTV, you automatically get ESPN3 (just use your DirecTV credentials for it as well as the WatchESPN app)).

(This is the legal way. The not-so-legal way is IPTV lol)

As I said before, I think they are just putting it out there as "ESPN Family Of Networks" allowing themselves some flexibility similar to the Spring

Grambling will have seven games on TV including the Bayou Classic. That’s sweet.

I wonder if the Tennessee State game will get picked up by someone.
NFL NETWORK has exclusive rights to the Black College Hal ofl Fame Classic. So GSU’s opener will air on NFL NETWORK that day

ESPN Family of Networks:

ESPN

ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPN3 (Streaming/TV)
ESPN+ (Streaming)
ABC (Celebration Bowl)

If you have DirecTV, you automatically get ESPN3 (just use your DirecTV credentials for it as well as the WatchESPN app)).

As I said before, I think they are just putting it out there as "ESPN Family Of Networks" allowing themselves some flexibility similar to the Spring

They got rid of the WacthESPN app, you have to go to the ESPN app and click to watch programing.
Also if you have ESPN on Xfinity, you get to use ESPN3 with your login

ESPN Family of Networks:

ESPN

ESPN2
ESPNU
ESPN3 (Streaming/TV)
ESPN+ (Streaming)
ABC (Celebration Bowl)

Ok. Thanks.

Southern announced their TV schedule and it's still "ESPN Networks" so it's gonna be the flex thing as I said (probably ESPN+/ESPN3 to start and get flexed up to ESPNU depending on where the team is in the season)

Back