So now y'all mad because Juneteenth is a holiday

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Black folks, well black Texans have been celebrating Juneteenth for more than a 100 years. We don't need nor is the validation of white folks welcome.

Cee, I think black folks are just trying to keep the pressure on this administration.

I guess being right next door to Texas, folks in Louisiana (particularly black folks in Southwest LA.) have been, on a much lower key, acknowledged and celebrated it for years as well...

Blacks all over the south have celebrated Juneteenth since forever..I learned about it at a black arts festival as a kid...The government just made it a holiday after the celebration was amplified by mass juneteenth virtual celebrations due to the pandemic plus the George Floyd incident.

Amazing! What is the problem you new pro black folks have? Let's be real it wasn't to long ago when you ninjas was in school celebrating Robert Lee Holiday or Confederate Flag day.

CEE, I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. Are you being hyperbolic? I am from Alabama. Born and raised. Went to school (grade 1-12) there and 4 years of college and I never once celebrated either one of those days. Barely even heard of them. I left Alabama in 1975 so maybe things have changed.

The effort to make Juneteenth a national holiday goes back decades. Why are people assuming that folks cant walk and chew gum at the same time? This is not an either/or situation. A Juneteenth holiday and other legislation/issues are not mutually exclusive so I don't get all the whining about it. Whether Juneteenth became a holiday or not, you're still going to have to put in the work for other issues.

The unspoken truth is that alot of Black folks are ashamed of and insecure about anything related to slavery when they really shouldn't be.

CEE, I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. Are you being hyperbolic? I am from Alabama. Born and raised. Went to school (grade 1-12) there and 4 years of college and I never once celebrated either one of those days. Barely even heard of them. I left Alabama in 1975 so maybe things have changed.
I have friends who are in this new movement who are saying fuk a holiday give me a check. I mean let's be real. If Joe hadn't signed the bill the same folks would be complaining that he is a racist because he didn't push for the bill. The way America works had been the same since 1776. You have three legislative branches. The president is the executive branch. He doesn't create bills. The same people will find any and everything to complain about. America is not going to give you shyt. That's how it goes. Make it happen for yourself or lay down and take it while complaining.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The truth is some black people just becoming complaining people. They were the same way during the civil rights movement. Some folks didn't vote and then said see that's why I didn't vote. I knew nothing would change. Those are called lazy fukers who let other folks do all the work then want the benefits from it.

The truth is some black people just becoming complaining people. They were the same way during the civil rights movement. Some folks didn't vote and then said see that's why I didn't vote. I knew nothing would change. Those are called lazy fukers who let other folks do all the work then want the benefits from it.

Facts!

Saying that Black folks are complaining about Juneteenth “just because” is misguided. In the wake of Black people — many of them young — challenging elected officials to improve communities, hold law enforcement accountable and truly value the material needs of people, we get BLM street signs, we get a holiday, a museum or a whole bunch of lip service about what elected officials will do.

But in the end, we can’t get qualified immunity removed, we can’t have our voting rights protected, we can’t get affordable health care, we can’t get an increase in minimum wage — shit that actually will actually impact the lives of people.

Black folks have been doing the work. Why do you think some cities have reduced budgets for police departments? Why do you think some cities are now looking into reparations? Other cities are starting programs to help Black entrepreneurs. You think these white folks came up with that on their own? It was because of Black people raising hell for years, not being satisfied with symbolism and good words.

Why must black folk argue over every got damn thing. Why can’t we attack from two fronts. We have the holiday now let’s also work on stoping systematic racism etc….we are on the same team.
Because she just like to complain. It's what they do best. You can give every ninja in America a million dollar check on Friday. On Monday the fools who spent it all will cry the white man didn't give me enough.

Back