Federal embezzlement charges filed against Nathan Haymer

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Some BC Humor.....

126938048_10159033593852292_8138470847166364790_o.jpg

BATON ROUGE- Nathan Haymer, the former director of Southern University's acclaimed marching band, was sentenced to over a year in federal prison.

A judge ruled Tuesday that Haymer would spend 13 months in prison and must pay $79,690 in restitution back to the school. He'll also be on probation for three years upon his release.

I'm not going to make fun of his prison sentence because not only is he in prison but also those who really support him. He will be able to get another job once he gets out. He just will not be able to get a job where he over finances. Hell I know some people in administration roles at Southern, GSU, and Howard that have been locked up.

When he is released he deserves a second chance.

Greed is NEVER a mistake..

And to think there were actual band alums who were pushing for him to get the BD position at Valley with this fed case over his head (the same people that will complain about Valley people not getting hired for the big jobs at Valley (football, basketball, band director))

And to think there were actual band alums who were pushing for him to get the BD position at Valley with this fed case over his head (the same people that will complain about Valley people not getting hired for the big jobs at Valley (football, basketball, band director))

lol I wanted him at Bama State. But Dr. Simon is doing great things at MVSU. I like how y’all don’t try to play bigger than you are.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

I know very well the unparalleled lunacy you're speaking of. At Texas Southern we had an interim band director try to back door him on the payroll, and had desperate band alumni that thought it was okay knowing all too well the media in Houston loves negative stories about Texas Southern.

I know very well the unparalleled lunacy you're speaking of. At Texas Southern we had an interim band director try to back door him on the payroll, and had desperate band alumni that thought it was okay knowing all too well the media in Houston loves negative stories about Texas Southern.
You had to play the cards slow on that one - once word got out it spread too fast.

Now when his time is done and he's free and clear is he worth a cheap hire? The head BD at Talladega was accused of much worse

You had to play the cards slow on that one - once word got out it spread too fast.

Now when his time is done and he's free and clear is he worth a cheap hire? The head BD at Talladega was accused of much worse
No...not worth a cheap hire with us. All the flack the Ocean gets they don't need his kind of attention.

No, not even if he volunteers. A small town hire may very well be where his second chance happens. Talladega might already have their sights trained on him.

lol I wanted him at Bama State. But Dr. Simon is doing great things at MVSU. I like how y’all don’t try to play bigger than you are.

That's the approach that she is taking and it seems to be working. The only people who didn't want her were bandheads (one a Sigma) who wanted him over his own chapter soror who was just as qualified on paper and no fed charges over her head. I knew about the TxSU stuff so it's not surprising any SWAC school with an opening would think about it. But as others have said, none of our schools needed that negative press (Greenwood Commonwealth would have had a field day).

She's in the same boat though as our athletics department. Band alums have to do fund raising for scholarships because the school sure ain't

No it isn't a shame. Being a band director with charisma doesn't absolve anyone of federal crimes or any crimes. This ain't a conspiracy. This ain't someone out to get him. Go read the case against him. I'm a lawyer. He got caught. End of story. Lesson: don't embezzle money

No it isn't a shame. Being a band director with charisma doesn't absolve anyone of federal crimes or any crimes. This ain't a conspiracy. This ain't someone out to get him. Go read the case against him. I'm a lawyer. He got caught. End of story. Lesson: don't embezzle money
What's more disturbing is the blind loyalty from many Jukebox members and fans. I don't he needs to go to prison but he should've had to suffer some consequences (fired and repay double).

Back