Legacy Bowl, a college football showcase for HBCU players

That seems promising, being on the NFL network I would think this game would get more visibility than the bowl game they had before for HBCU players, but I think that bowl game wasn't HBCU only.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The Coach Prime Effect!!!! Where are those hatas:

Kendrick and Kenn Rashad now? They need to apologize to Coach Prime for that horrible (homemade), bush league video they put out.

Last edited:

Kendrick and Kenn Rashad now? They need to apologize to Coach Prime for that horrible (homemade), bush league video they put out.
Come on man..this has nothing to do with Sanders being at Jackson State. Not that Prime hasn't been good for exposure, but this was in the works independent of him going to Jackson.

Plus there was the HBCU Spirit of America bowl that went on for 2-3 years before the pandemic hit

This bowl can pick up where that bowl left off with much better branding and timing with the HBCU push going on now

Sorry but Coach Sanders had nothing to do with making this happen. This HBCU All-Star game / Legacy Bowl was all Doug Williams, Shack Harris, the Black College Football Hall of Fame & The Pro Football Hall of Fame'S idea. When I attended the BCFHOF Classic between AAMU & Morehouse in 2019, Dave Baker (Pro Football Hall of Fame President) & Southern University Alumnus Mel Blount mentioned in their press conference that this was in the works back then. This was 2 years before Coach Sanders took the job at Jackson State. They just wanted to get the BCFHOF Classic game off the ground first.

Last edited:
Sorry but Coach Sanders had nothing to do with making this happen. This HBCU All-Star game / Legacy Bowl was all Doug Williams, Shack Harris, the Black College Football Hall of Fame & The Pro Football Hall of Fame'S idea. When I attended the BCFHOF Classic between AAMU & Morehouse in 2019, Dave Baker (Pro Football Hall of Fame President) & Southern University Alumnus Mel Blount mentioned in their press conference that this was in the works back then. This was 2 years before Coach Sanders took the job at Jackson State. They just wanted to get the BCFHOF Classic game off the ground first.
Man, WTH are you talking about?!?!? Whenever something good happens for HBCU's is because of Coach Prime!!! Don't you know that by now?!?!

Man, WTH are you talking about?!?!? Whenever something good happens for HBCU's is because of Coach Prime!!! Don't you know that by now?!?!
Nah man. I’m not drinking that kool-aid and juice for this one. Especially since I know the backstory to this. Lol.

You might wanna go and apologize to Uncle Doug and Cousin Shack for giving Coach Sanders their praise and credit! Lol.

Last edited:
Nah man. I’m not drinking that kool-aid and juice for this one. Especially since I know the backstory to this. Lol.

You might wanna go and apologize to Uncle Doug and Cousin Shack for giving Coach Sanders their praise and credit! Lol.
Don't know where you been TV guy, but Doug been around for years. About there hasn't been a bowl game for as long as he been around. Then Deion shows up and BOOM!!! Bowl.game. I don't know how you explain that other than Coach Prime Effect.

Don't know where you been TV guy, but Doug been around for years. About there hasn't been a bowl game for as long as he been around. Then Deion shows up and BOOM!!! Bowl.game. I don't know how you explain that other than Coach Prime Effect.
To answer your question, I’ve been around HBCU landscape as both a student-athlete and then as a member of the media for about 15 years now. That’s where I’ve been. Also, there have been a few all HBCU All-star games in the past decade including the ones in Montgomery, Alabama (2008-2010) and then in Atlanta in 2011 & 2012.

All that I’m saying is that, the Legacy Bowl idea has been in place BEFORE Coach Sanders went to Jackson State. The Black College Football Hall of Fame already had the blueprint for this 2 years ago. This was mentioned at the BCFHOF Classic press conference in 2019. That’s why the inclusion of NFL NETWORK is with this deal. I was there and heard it with my own ears and even included it in my STORY that I did while traveling to Canton, Ohio with Alabama A&M for that contest in 2019!

Also, if Deion Sanders was so instrumental in making this happen, then why wasn’t his name in press release? Why hasn’t Steve Wyche or Doug Williams mentioned his name in interviews this week? The answer: because other individuals are a RESPONSIBLE!

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
And Gram is the new Slump Hoe of the SWAC. So, what's new?
What's new is JSU finally winning three games back to back. You're ignorant dude purely grow up. Doug been around before that dude prime it's post about this bowl last season. Stfu clown

What's new is JSU finally winning three games back to back. You're ignorant dude purely grow up. Doug been around before that dude prime it's post about this bowl last season. Stfu clown

Slump hoe? Last time JSU won a ship aye bae bae came out 14 years ago.
Loop Waiting GIF

To answer your question, I’ve been around HBCU landscape as both a student-athlete and then as a member of the media for about 15 years now. That’s where I’ve been. Also, there have been a few all HBCU All-star games in the past decade including the ones in Montgomery, Alabama (2008-2010) and then in Atlanta in 2011 & 2012.

All that I’m saying is that, the Legacy Bowl idea has been in place BEFORE Coach Sanders went to Jackson State. The Black College Football Hall of Fame already had the blueprint for this 2 years ago. This was mentioned at the BCFHOF Classic press conference in 2019. That’s why the inclusion of NFL NETWORK is with this deal. I was there and heard it with my own ears and even included it in my STORY that I did while traveling to Canton, Ohio with Alabama A&M for that contest in 2019!

Also, if Deion Sanders was so instrumental in making this happen, then why wasn’t his name in press release? Why hasn’t Steve Wyche or Doug Williams mentioned his name in interviews this week? The answer: because other individuals are a RESPONSIBLE!
View: https://twitter.com/MoCarterWZDX/status/1374669528223858691

The man juist gave you the facts, and he is someone who would know! As a tv sports personality, he likely would have knowledge, information and insight into sports-related subjects and tips that those not working in the industry would not have. Wow, delusion is a .........!
Looks like the HBCU Gameday crew is eating even more crow after trying to shame SWAC alums for boasting about being on ESPN3 (this after some have called them out for being Prime Gameday (an extension of the Prime Promotional Network) and not doing anything to get on his bad side)
Exactly! The MEAC and Southland conferences have gone to the espn3 platforms already for most of their games. The SWAC is actually a little behind in that regard. However, it is good that several SWAC matchups have been elevated to the ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU platforms, something that has not happened in the other afore-mentioned leagues. Eighty percent of all SWAC contests, imho, should have an ESPN3 platform, while the most popular contests should reach for higher television exposure.

Last edited:
The man juist gave you the facts, and he is someone who would know! As a tv sports personality, he likely would have knowledge, information and insight into sports-related subjects and tips that those not working in the industry would not have. Wow, delusion is a .........!

Exactly! The MEAC and Southland conferences have gone to the espn3 platforms already for most of their games. The SWAC is actually a little behind in that regard. However, it is good that several SWEAC matchups have been elevated to the ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU platforms, something that has not happened in the other afore-mentioned leagues. Eighty percent of all SWAC contests, imho, should have an ESPN3 platform, while the most popular contests should reach for higher television tv platforms.
Hey! I don't know that man! But I know Coach Prime.

Back