Alabama A&M spring football preseason preview special

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Apparently Cavill is a PV graduate. So, he basically picked PV because PV is his alma mater. That won't cut it. Southern University and Grambling State have something to say about that.

Apparently Cavill is a PV graduate. So, he basically picked PV because PV is his alma mater. That won't cut it. Southern University and Grambling State have something to say about that.
SU improved as did Gram so no one can refute that.

I think too many are unaware what we surprise w/ in this spring season. All will be pleasantly pleased and there will be no escaping if all goes as planned barring injuries and/or CV19.

Nice production @TvSportsGuy21 . Much kudos.

That's a good prediction. The SU game has been holding PV back.
Our lack of any semblance of a decent defense vs a non-passing/one-dimensional QB and a sorely lackluster offense vs SU's D held us back.

All of that was addressed. Hopefully we can make it out w/ a W and no injuries in the emotional contest vs sTu.

Our lack of any semblance of a decent defense vs a non-passing/one-dimensional QB and a sorely lackluster offense vs SU's D held us back.

All of that was addressed. Hopefully we can make it out w/ a W and no injuries in the emotional contest vs sTu.

You guys actually have a defense. That SU game is probably mental. It definitely isn't talent related.

Don't you think we need to wait and see how PV fares in its first game? It is commonly acknowledged that a team sees its greatest improvement from game 1 to game 2.
I agree, Earle. We have a LOT of new(er) moving pieces that have to gel, along w/ quite a few who return. The game vs sTu will tell the tale of the tape.

Last edited:
too early to make predictions on either side...

We will be playing on this Saturday vs SCSU though!

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It’s official. Aamu at SCSU in Orangeburg with a return game in Huntsville this fall.

Reactions: J C
If Covid is under control this is a win win for us.... we will make much more money playing them as the first game of the year than we would with same week notice.

It’s official. Aamu at SCSU in Orangeburg with a return game in Huntsville this fall.
I'm confused! I thought the MEAC wasn't playing football this spring. Are MEAC schools allowed to play contractually outside of the conference?

I'm confused! I thought the MEAC wasn't playing football this spring. Are MEAC schools allowed to play contractually outside of the conference?
Howard and Delaware state were playing but yeah I’m not sure what’s going on these days in the meac.

As a conference no. But SCSU, DSU and Howard agreed to play each other. However , Regulations in DC prevent Howard from traveling and a team coming to DC. Howard can only go to surrounding states, VA, DE, MD. And no one from outside that area can come in without 10 days quarantine

As a conference no. But SCSU, DSU and Howard agreed to play each other. However , Regulations in DC prevent Howard from traveling and a team coming to DC. Howard can only go to surrounding states, VA, DE, MD. And no one from outside that area can come in without 10 days quarantine
Whew, those schools up their going to lose all their Juniors and Seniors to the transfer portal!

I’m not saying what you stated isn’t true, but I believe that Howard not traveling outside of the 3 states you mentioned would’ve been established before SCSU & Howard agreed to play a spring home & home series.

Back