MEAC suspends Football spring season.

I'm a little confused. Im guessing the conference is canceling the season as in the championship game etc but the 3 teams below will still have somewhat of a season and play each other as non conference opponents.

Several MEAC institutions will play spring football. At this point, Delaware State, Howard and South Carolina State have expressed an intent to do so. Those institutions will follow the ongoing protocols they have outlined at their schools and continue to align with the CDC guidelines and the NCAA’s health and safety provisions that have guided collegiate athletics throughout the academic year.

I'm a little confused. Im guessing the conference is canceling the season as in the championship game etc but the 3 teams below will still have somewhat of a season and play each other as non conference opponents.

Several MEAC institutions will play spring football. At this point, Delaware State, Howard and South Carolina State have expressed an intent to do so. Those institutions will follow the ongoing protocols they have outlined at their schools and continue to align with the CDC guidelines and the NCAA’s health and safety provisions that have guided collegiate athletics throughout the academic year.
They have to put schedules together.

SCSU in best position. They can play Del and Howard and have a game already with Wofford i believe

I think it's either 4 or 5 games to be eligible for the playoffs

The handwriting for the conference was already written.

Formally welcome to the SWAC BCU & FAMU. Lets help the SWAC continue to be great.

like a deck of cards....FAMU leaving sucked all the air out of the conference.

I feel for SCST & Howard but they'll figure it out if the MEAC don't inevitably right the ship. That 3rd blow by FAMU definitely has them wobbling. I'm not ready to count them out yet, though the ground is shaky.......LOL

I feel for SCST & Howard but they'll figure it out if the MEAC don't inevitably right the ship. That 3rd blow by FAMU definitely has them wobbling. I'm not ready to count them out yet, though the ground is shaky.......LOL
lol Jrock I don't know about Howard but SC state wants to follow FAMU to the SWAC just like BCC did...IMO

All the schools that had Alcorn on the schedule need to be calling these schools to get a game back which would go hand in hand with both programs. Give Delaware State, Howard and South Carolina State a home and road game with the schools to fill the schedule. Wherever Alcorn had a home game, let one of those schools fill that slot and where they had a road game let them fill that one. Flip a coin as to who plays who and be done with it.

How is Howard and SCSU gonna play football? Their basketball teams have had major COVID issues all season. Now they are gonna figure out to play football. A team 5 to 6 times larger. Not buying it

MEAC don't have any teams anyway.
It’s a shame to watch what was the best athletic conference for HBCU sports fall on life support. In football, the MEAC found wins outside of the conference and even over FBS schools in the the FBS/FCS level. In basketball, the conference owns the most #15 seed wins in the Big Dance and biggest HBCU upsets. (Coppin State 97, Hampton 01, Norfolk State 12)

Poor leadership plus no pride equals failure! The once proud MEAC is done!

Back