New SWAC band rankings with FAMU

Atl Hornet, I know you have a lot of pride for your school and you want to go hard for them, but the majority agrees that Bama State’s band has severely declined over the past few years. Honestly, I think Bama State had a good band in the 90s and early 2000s, but that’s not the case today.

You must have a better memory than me.....LMAO

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Also, you keep bragging about Bama State getting kids from New Orleans, that's nothing new for Southern. New Orleans is one of SU's main feeder areas. Plus, there are musical talent from all over Louisiana, especially South Louisiana.

Getting musicians from New Orleans use to mean something. It’s a shame what has happened to the level of musicianship in the Big Easy.

You must have a better memory than me.....LMAO

get a cat scan gramps.
Bama State had one of the top bands from 98ish-2014. 2017 was a great year, and so was last year.

Getting musicians from New Orleans use to mean something. It’s a shame what has happened to the level of musicianship in the Big Easy.

same for here in Atlanta. We used to produce the best musicians..and sent kids all over the country. The generation of kids from about 2010-2017 didnt care about band it seems.

these new kids are bringing the passion back and I love it.

get a cat scan gramps.
Bama State had one of the top bands from 98ish-2014. 2017 was a great year, and so was last year.

same for here in Atlanta. We used to produce the best musicians..and sent kids all over the country. The generation of kids from about 2010-2017 didnt care about band it seems.

Last year was a good year.. LOL

get a cat scan gramps.

Man! I already know my brutha. These non music reading NOLA just want to blast whole notes and puff their cheeks out in order to fool themselves into believing that are in a college band. These kids know nothing about musicianship anymore.

Heard them in ATL last season against the Boom. They sound good but they are BORING as hell.

That’s their main problem. Every time I’ve went against them or heard them in person, their sound quality is unmatched.

they put me to sleep though. Sounding good can only take you so far..Norfolk and NCAT do a great job of sounding good and being entertaining.

Some of these rankings are completely bogus, I can't even take them serious.
If we are ranking bands from the 2019 season alone there is no way Alcorn is lower than 3 or 4.

My 2019 rankings

1. SU
2. Alcorn
3. JSU
4. AAMU
5. Gram
6. TxSU
7. PV
8. Bama St.
9. UAPB
10. Valley.

If we are ranking bands from the 2019 season alone there is no way Alcorn is lower than 3 or 4.

My 2019 rankings

1. SU
2. Alcorn
3. JSU
4. AAMU
5. Gram
6. TxSU
7. PV
8. Bama St.
9. UAPB
10. Valley.

i don’t know about all that. One thing I can say is Alcorn has done an amazing job building their program up. They could be tops in the SWAC soon.

Something that isn’t up for debate is Alcorn has the best trumpet section in the SWAC & it ain’t even close. Never thought S phi D would get taken down a few notches, but Alcorns trumpets are the real deal.

I don't post here often. But how dare he rank Bama St with Southern come on . Atlhornet I do not understand why you cannot accept Bama St isn't the same. I'm not hating give me 98-2007 asu any day. 08 they were LOUD but sounded good No. Asu director is holding them back he's trying control everything even the dancers. No band is perfect look at JSU vs su in 2019 we didn't expect the boom to let su take over that fifth but it happened! Any given day in the swac a band can knock you down . Dude humble yourself! I still smh at that 2015 game vs southern omfg.

My 2019 rankings

1. SU
2. Alcorn
3. JSU
4. AAMU
5. Gram
6. TxSU
7. PV
8. Bama St.
9. UAPB
10. Valley.
Opinions sir. One person may think dislike a field from one band but stands. I've seen alcorn in 2019 three times and only issue imo are those shows they're not as consistent as I like but it's true alcorn imo was top5

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't post here often. But how dare he rank Bama St with Southern come on . Atlhornet I do not understand why you cannot accept Bama St isn't the same. I'm not hating give me 98-2007 asu any day. 08 they were LOUD but sounded good No. Asu director is holding them back he's trying control everything even the dancers. No band is perfect look at JSU vs su in 2019 we didn't expect the boom to let su take over that fifth but it happened! Any given day in the swac a band can knock you down . Dude humble yourself! I still smh at that 2015 game vs southern omfg.

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” - Isaac Asimov

Back