Will Alcorn change their school nickname

Alasuq

Will Alcorn change their school nickname from Braves??? Not trying to start a fight with the Braves faithful..

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Will Alcorn change there school nickname from Braves??? Not trying to start a fight with the Braves faithful..
This was a thread about two months ago. Does it mean the GS Warriors, KC Chiefs need to change? Does Brave represent an ethic group or does it imply courage? Not offended by your question.

This was a thread about two months ago. Does it mean the GS Warriors, KC Chiefs need to change? Does Brave represent an ethic group or does it imply courage? Not offended by your question.

The Warriors adjusted their branding which was smart...you wouldn’t even know their nickname had something to do with Native American imagery. I think the ones under the gun right now are the Redskins and Indians. The Chiefs and Braves mascots are more than likely next. I’m an Atlanta Braves fan, but the writing is on the wall.

might need to work something out with a local tribe like florida state did.

That deal is far less cut and dry than people realize. It was very much a political agreement and a matter of "leaders" making a deal to benefit themselves over the larger community more than Indigenous people being comfortable with/supportive of the decision.

I don’t know man. It’s a tough situation and many clubs get over on technicalities. The Braves, Chiefs and Warriors mascots aren’t direct names for an ethnic group. The Indians and Redskins not only are named for an ethnic group, but logos are an the actual individual. Those names are no different from being called the Texas Mexicans and the Louisiana Brightskins! 😂

If the Braves, Chiefs and Warriors logo showcased an actual person, then the logo would be forced to be changed. These days, they just showcase the nicknames on the logos and retired the offensive individual in the logo. The technical part comes in when these nicknames only state titles, rankings or ones inside courage. It’s no different that the Brawlers, Generals, Captains, Commanders, Commodores, Crusaders, Sergeants, Leaders, Fighters, etc. They “might“ make those teams retire the spearheads, feathers or tomahawks, but the nicknames themselves might make it.

I could be wrong, but I think the Braves, Chiefs and Warriors might make the cut. We shall see.

Just wait until 2030 when all the Amimal Lobbyist go after teams named after animals :)

Yall laughing but it's coming
That's the thing about the hard left. They are never satisfied with anything and will continue to "agitate" until all that's left is chaos

Yall laughing but it's coming
That's the thing about the hard left. They are never satisfied with anything and will continue to "agitate" until all that's left is chaos
I just told someone around the same thing. We okay until someone stir the pot.

If anyone has noticed, Alcorn no longer has any symbols of an indian, no black person dressed up as an indian on the sidelines, etc. That was part of the agreement. You will not see any "official" Alcorn stuff with anything that looks like an Indian sold. Note I said official. I still got some old throwbacks. And found some other stuff but it was way down the stretch. Right when you jump on it.

I also said some animal group getting ready. Some schools did lose their live mascot because of PETA. But were not the real big boys so did not have the money to fight.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back