Federal embezzlement charges filed against Nathan Haymer

Plus if a US ATTORNEY AGAIN A US attorney, DID his due diligence and wrongdoing was done by Southern board members I am 100% sure this would have been front page news in The Advocate.... If you have been watching this case ..upwards of 200,000 Was supposedly stolen or misappropriated they only found 30,000... so I'm pretty sure a thorough investigation was done

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
even though he was wrong... it aint cool to knock the man when he down.

He had his dream job and betrayed his alma mater trust over a few thousands to just blow on extravagant items. It was not like he was stealing for survival. When he stole from SU, he stole from those kids he claimed he loved so much. He is a fraud and needs to be made an example of.

Last edited:
He will be alright and be able to get a teaching job after he is released. Just go in...do your time...read...

Most folks say the feds is easy but most folks haven’t done time...time anywhere is hard on you and your family and friends....every decision you make after you do time makes you think of that time you have done.

Again prayers to his family. This is a hit on all of us and yet another sad day for our HBCUs... with that being said, I hope Mr. Taylor and Mr. Simmons weren’t involved, hard to believe on paper they had no idea what was going on, but only time will tell. I feel like haymer taking some SU board members with him too from this deal.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At the end of the day.. He has to blame himself, You are the director of one of the best collegiate bands in all of America. You were doing things no hbcu band was doing as far as marketing, sponsorship etc.. Idk maybe dude has a problem,

At the end of the day.. He has to blame himself, You are the director of one of the best collegiate bands in all of America. You were doing things no hbcu band was doing as far as marketing, sponsorship etc.. Idk maybe dude has a problem,

GREED. Nate said himself he was content with his salary .... plus the cost of living in Baton Rouge is still relatively low which makes it stretch longer. I'm sure his salary was well above the Louisiana average ... not to mention he was getting paid extra for side gigs (speaking engagements, composing etc).

SU will take care of you as the head of The Juke, you don't have to steal ... trust.

Last edited:
GREED. Nate said himself he was content with his salary .... plus the cost of living in Baton Rouge is still relatively low which makes it stretch longer. I'm sure his salary was well above the Louisiana average ... not to mention he was getting paid extra for side gigs (speaking engagements, composing etc).

SU will take care of you as the head of The Juke, you don't have to steal ... trust.

I'm not sure if it was greed. IMO, I think he had gotten caught up in the limelight as a young band director without realizing that he had to answer to a higher authority when it comes to the finances of public funds. Also, SU should have assigned the band a financial manager once they realized how much money the band alone was generating. At least there would have been someone in his ear telling him his dos and don'ts when it came to the spending of public funds.

He will be alright and be able to get a teaching job after he is released. Just go in...do your time...read...

Most folks say the feds is easy but most folks haven’t done time...time anywhere is hard on you and your family and friends....every decision you make after you do time makes you think of that time you have done.

I didn’t agree with this comment when I first saw it, but I’ve been thinking that if Bonds at Talladega could get another job after his past, then there’s no reason Haymer wouldn’t be able to land back on his feet if/when he gets out.

He knew what he was doing this was not a mistake at all this is what he wanted to do. Y'all forgot 2005 at that high school $40,000 was stolen by him. He even said yesterday I have a PAST! and he still did it currently. If he didn't get caught he still would've been stealing money to this day no telling how much if he didn't get caught. If this was at PV even Gram folks would've been going ham IDC how talented he is his actions no school will hire him. He said he google his name daily lol 🤣🤣 dude needs jail time and fined

I didn’t agree with this comment when I first saw it, but I’ve been thinking that if Bonds at Talladega could get another job after his past, then there’s no reason Haymer wouldn’t be able to land back on his feet if/when he gets out.
That entire bonds situation was scary lol yet ignorant too. But the dude dropped charges because of embarrassment so bonds basically got away with it

Reactions: JR
Back