More Game Cancellations are Emerging

Again how much is a student athlete's life worth?

Look imagine a COVID19 outbreak in a rural community where some of these colleges and universities are located....no one i thinking about the future HEALTH of human life but the money to be made.

That's the compromising position we're in, though.

A lot of these rural communities rely on the dollars generated from football -- either directly or indirectly. There was an article about a month ago that looked at the economic impact no college football would have on certain towns. And it wasn't pretty. It's a trickle-down effect.

It's easy to say cancel the season ... if you don't look at all the other real-life ramifications that come from that. Just ask all those spring sports coaches and staff members who are out of a job today after their sports got cut because of the pandemic. Or the millions of folks out of work still waiting on unemployment checks because of the pandemic.

This Coronavirus is a trickbag for minorities. I don't know about the whole country but in the south they're weaponizing this virus by all means. They hope we attend a crowded church just like they're hoping thousands of fans show up to a football game. By listening to conservative talking points you can decipher the bs.

The rapid tests? Because if it's going to take a week to get the results you're defeating the purpose right?
Yes. The rapid test unless I am reading it wrong. I get these manufacturers sending them to me every week. The issue is you will need multiple test per person

I can see HBCU teams refusing to play football this season! Who will be the first SWAC school to make that decision is the question....

I can only see it if Dr. Mac gets everyone on one accord. You cant have the Mississippi schools going forward with plans to have students on campus but Texas schools saying "cancel the Fall 2020 season". That's janky.

I would continue to move on with Fall sports as planned but if these COVID cases continue to spike, pull the plug.

We are still over 2 months from football season (but barely over a month from the start of soccer season)

Just listening to KNOE TV sports at 10 p.m., here in Monroe. An interview with GSU Athletics Director and SU
alum, Dr. David Ponton, said that GSU will put the health and safety of the student-athlete first in whatever decisions they make. He went on to say that nothing had been finalized as yet, but if they did not play their first few games, their budget wouldm take a 1.1 million dollar hit. Already one of their football players has tested positive for covid19.

I'm pretty sure Congress will pass a bill to cover the needs of colleges and universities who are continuing to suffer due to COVID-19. A loss of football and basketball sales will be paid for with our tax payers ... I"m not paying all these taxes for nothing, I mean the U.S. federal government has access to unlimited resources so we should be fine until at least a vaccine comes.

Just announced JSU/FAMU to open the season in Jackson on September 12th....something everyone knew for a week or so now!
The fact that the game has been designated as a "Classic" is new info in the sense that it means some entity, City of Jackson, Visit Jackson.., is donating funds or in kind services to promote and cover some of the expenses of the game including those of FAMU, correct?

The fact that the game has been designated as a "Classic" is new info in the sense that it means some entity, City of Jackson, Visit Jackson.., is donating funds or in kind services to promote and cover some of the expenses of the game including those of FAMU, correct?

I am not sure but I know JSU has been opening up the season with the first Home game as the WC Gorden Classic.

Last edited:
Back