More Game Cancellations are Emerging

The fact that the game has been designated as a "Classic" is new info in the sense that it means some entity, City of Jackson, Visit Jackson.., is donating funds or in kind services to promote and cover some of the expenses of the game including those of FAMU, correct?
This is simply a replacement for Langston who was scheduled to play that weekend which is the WC Gordon Classic. No promoter for this game and we play FAMU In Miami LABOR DAY weekend in ‘21.

I am not sure but I know JSU has been opening up the season with the first Home game as the WC Gorden Classic.
Okay, I guess they just got the name wrong on the announcement. I think they referred to the game against FAMU as the "Heritage Classic."

tenor.gif

I will probably drive across I-20 and catch me a game in Jackson, Mississippi. What else do I have to lose?

The SIAC Office has said not so fast, there is not an official statement on this yet and it is a fluid situation.

Say what you all want but soon, SWAC alumni Presidents will band together to get football moved to the Spring if the ADs dont. Yall know im always right. Black ppl not about to let these kids play. They hardly about to send their kids back to school.

Say what you all want but soon, SWAC alumni Presidents will band together to get football moved to the Spring if the ADs dont. Yall know im always right. Black ppl not about to let these kids play. They hardly about to send their kids back to school.
You know they're working together right?

You know they're working together right?

Consider the source.

Never mind the SWAC as a CONFERENCE released a COVID-19 plan to try to allow fall sports to happen

Alabama State and Valley have already released plans to allow students to return to campus (I'm sure the other SWAC schools will do the same) but a person that don't watch sports is supposed to be a know it all

You all love acting slow. Right now, no alums are heavily involved. JSU had a town hall meeting last night to give an update on band, athletics, enrollment, etc... BUT since yall so slow and cant comprehend, you quick to jump to a conclusion. How many universities are asking alums what they want right now. Did Valley or BAMA State or Alcorn or anybody send our surveys, etc... WHAT Im saying is, the unrest has yet to happen and when it does, if the ADs and Presidents dont take action, the alumni will. That for the schools that have alumni associations. :snicker:

Consider the source.

Never mind the SWAC as a CONFERENCE released a COVID-19 plan to try to allow fall sports to happen

Alabama State and Valley have already released plans to allow students to return to campus (I'm sure the other SWAC schools will do the same) but a person that don't watch sports is supposed to be a know it all

Boy, you just dropped breaking news didnt you!?

So of the 20+ D1 football conferences, only 3 have cancelled (all FCS)

Dr. McClelland has said that Oct. 17th is the drop dead date as far as the latest the season can start and I am glad that he is not jumping on the emotional train and staying true to his word

Back