Jay-Z Helped the NFL Banish Colin Kaepernick

What I find amazing is people think billionaires and multimillionaires care about people and their views. Folks wake up. America is a capitalistic country. Prime example is the Koch brothers. They are the biggest conservative donors in America. They push many programs to hurt minorities and the poor. Yet they also are some of the biggest contributors to the United Negro college fund. Simple green dollar bills. When you take the emotional aspect out of everything you don't see color, but the bottom line of a dollar in capitalism. The foundation of America.
This part right here. I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't think trump is a racist. I believe he is an elitist, trump has a history of hanging out with Wealthy Black people going back to the 70's If you look at the policies of this administration many caws are impacted just as severely as people of color. They are the base they he know will ride or actually die with him, much like black folk with the dems. All these people care about is power and money.

This part right here. I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't think trump is a racist. I believe he is an elitist, trump has a history of hanging out with Wealthy Black people going back to the 70's If you look at the policies of this administration many caws are impacted just as severely as people of color. They are the base they he know will ride or actually die with him, much like black folk with the dems. All these people care about is power and money.

Even as someone who doesn't find a ton of value in calling individual people racist, if Donald Trump doesn't qualify as racist then the word has no meaning. White supremacy has long been comfortable with sacrificing poor whites to further its goals (e.g., poll taxes, literacy tests), especially since poor whites will still overwhelmingly support those policies because they hurt the people they hate too.

As far as wealthy Black people go, we're long overdue for a collective discussion about how we've been conditioned to view individual Black financial success as collective achievements. Black Wall Street is a good example of that too.

The reason I say that is because he and his wife have done/could have done halftime multiple times over and over again and brought whomever they wanted on stage with them. Having his music played at NFL events gains him nothing. That’s already happening.

I believe he is creating leverage needed for much bigger things (ownership) which is what we desire for our people to do. By hook or crook just like them.

Could be. But why sit at a table prepared by an enemy when one can easily buy, sell, trade, and prepare their OWN table?

I have to be careful w/ my words since I'm still an employee of a fortune 100. But, as a business owner (non-technical related) over the last 21 years, I had a few here and there approach w/ their "lez be potna's" bullshit only for me to laugh at them and physically distance self away from them.

68865634_1304490073064248_4010009302675750912_o.jpg

Could be. But why sit at a table prepared by an enemy when one can easily buy, sell, trade, and prepare their OWN table?

I have to be careful w/ my words since I'm still an employee of a fortune 100. But, as a business owner (non-technical related) over the last 21 years, I had a few here and there approach w/ their "lez be potna's" bullshit only for me to laugh at them and physically distance self away from them.
At our level, I agree with you that we can build our own table.

At that level, there is only one professional football table that produces millionaires. The other attempts have died on the vine quickly trying to compete.

I’m not here to defend Jay Z. I don’t know his intent. I don’t know what he is doing and what his motivation is. I know he couldn’t be forthright and open if he wanted to see his plan through even if he wanted. I am waiting to see what happens. I just know if we want the NFL to change we must replace who is sitting at that table. I still ain’t watching but I am praying that we don’t just protest.

The reason I say that is because he and his wife have done/could have done halftime multiple times over and over again and brought whomever they wanted on stage with them. Having his music played at NFL events gains him nothing. That’s already happening.

I believe he is creating leverage needed for much bigger things (ownership) which is what we desire for our people to do. By hook or crook just like them.

Why make a statement that we are past kneeling?

I get the money piece...and creating a place at the table but why dismiss a cause that can be scene as this generations fight for civil rights? Imagine Bob Johnson telling people in the 80s that we are beyond marching and protesting.

You can't possibly be serious with this post
Even as someone who doesn't find a ton of value in calling individual people racist, if Donald Trump doesn't qualify as racist then the word has no meaning. White supremacy has long been comfortable with sacrificing poor whites to further its goals (e.g., poll taxes, literacy tests), especially since poor whites will still overwhelmingly support those policies because they hurt the people they hate too.

As far as wealthy Black people go, we're long overdue for a collective discussion about how we've been conditioned to view individual Black financial success as collective achievements. Black Wall Street is a good example of that too.

Good stuff and very passionate. Honestly I believe both sides are screwed up. But I know I don't like being lumped in with every other group that's not caucasian. I know my ancestors earned the right we enjoy to be citizens of this country by bleeding and sweating into it's soil. I don't like people just showing up getting WIC, healthcare, or any other government assistance and have not paid $1 in taxes. Keep giving it all away, see where that takes us.

Also, I don't understand why Black people always want to run to assist others in championing their plight, for them to turn a blind eye to ours. Show me the Mexican immigrant standing up for us. They are equally as racist as Trump. I can tell you some stories about that.

At this point IDGAF about who the president is. I have changed my political focus to local elections, that impact the lives around me daily. These DA's, judges, sheriffs, JP's, city council, and school board members.

While trump has locked up the House and Senate against each other making a lot of noise and actually doing little, these local judges are destroying lives daily.

Fugg trump and Biden

I get the money piece...and creating a place at the table but why dismiss a cause that can be scene as this generations fight for civil rights? Imagine Bob Johnson telling people in the 80s that we are beyond marching and protesting.

I don’t believe he’s saying dismiss the cause but the kneeling was mostly a symbolic gesture. The kneeling helped bring the conversation but still if you asked 20 different people what the kneeling was for you’d get 20 different answers. It’s time for action and one can argue that he has been doing just that.

I know plenty of righteous individuals who say that they are passed protesting. We aren’t monolithic, and I’m down with that. We need to push every avenue. Pressure on all fronts. There are no prefect actors. Hell... Even the Kap we defend pushed not voting in the last presidential election for reasons I can grasp but the thought was poorly articulated. I only bring this up because none of us will align on all fronts and canceling anyone on our side is silliness.

I know plenty of righteous individuals who say that they are passed protesting. We aren’t monolithic, and I’m down with that. We need to push every avenue. Pressure on all fronts. There are no prefect actors. Hell... Even the Kap we defend pushed not voting in the last presidential election for reasons I can grasp but the thought was poorly articulated. I only bring this up because none of us will align on all fronts and canceling anyone on our side is silliness.

*Raises hand*

Back