HBCU Football Camp

Agreed, both of you will be the front runners even though both of you have a different coordinator on offense and/or defense. I see potentially 6 teams battling it out when it's all said and done. Definitely looking forward to see how the guys we brought in gel with what we are returning. Finally fielding a senior/junior led team.

If we get six out of 10 teams battling for the conference title this year, along with some nonconference wins, it could really springboard the conference as a whole into the next couple of years.

More competitive teams means more asses in the seats. More asses in the seats means bigger bags secured.

SIDENOTE: In the 8-game schedule, I would like to see Southern-Jackson be played in Los Angeles/Chicago/Detroit/Atlanta/Philly in the years that game doesn't count toward the standings. If the schools are gonna play and it doesn't count ... might as well go for the bigger bag, ya dig.

If we get six out of 10 teams battling for the conference title this year, along with some nonconference wins, it could really springboard the conference as a whole into the next couple of years.

More competitive teams means more asses in the seats. More asses in the seats means bigger bags secured.

SIDENOTE: In the 8-game schedule, I would like to see Southern-Jackson be played in Los Angeles/Chicago/Detroit/Atlanta/Philly in the years that game doesn't count toward the standings. If the schools are gonna play and it doesn't count ... might as well go for the bigger bag, ya dig.
Man please! To that sidenote! 😏

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Hell no smh. Why would you take a game away that folks are excited about attending. No way you can make more money on the road. The time before last, SU cleared 1 million plus, with the battle of bands that Friday night.

Last edited:

With sponsorship $?

With sponsorship $?

Yes, with sponsors and the whole nine.

I think it's a good opportunity for the SWAC to establish more headway in some of our prime recruiting grounds for students. At the end of the day, our schools need students and athletics is the front door to the university. I only used Southern-Jackson because I was replying to @NastyD, but if it's an every-other year thing ... we can get Southern-Jackson or Grambling-Jackson or Alcorn-Grambling or Alabama State-Southern at a neutral site ... if and only if the dollars make sense to both schools in the year(s) they're not slated to play each other.

Hell, my homeboy in Philly told me the city was trying to get Southern-FAMU up there, but talks fell through.

Once the 8-game schedule is made out for the next 10 years, begin looking at the schools that drop off each other's schedule. If they choose to play in those years, let's at least seek to put them on a neutral site with sponsors and a potential bag for both schools.

But I'm just spitballing here.

Yes, with sponsors and the whole nine.

I think it's a good opportunity for the SWAC to establish more headway in some of our prime recruiting grounds for students. At the end of the day, our schools need students and athletics is the front door to the university. I only used Southern-Jackson because I was replying to @NastyD, but if it's an every-other year thing ... we can get Southern-Jackson or Grambling-Jackson or Alcorn-Grambling or Alabama State-Southern at a neutral site ... if and only if the dollars make sense to both schools in the year(s) they're not slated to play each other.

Hell, my homeboy in Philly told me the city was trying to get Southern-FAMU up there, but talks fell through.

Once the 8-game schedule is made out for the next 10 years, begin looking at the schools that drop off each other's schedule. If they choose to play in those years, let's at least seek to put them on a neutral site with sponsors and a potential bag for both schools.

But I'm just spitballing here.

those days are over unfortunately. People ain't putting up that kind of cash unless they can get an instant return. That's why the Alabamas, LSU's etc have basically become the yearly classics in the South knowing they can get 50K before you flip a switch and that''s with large guarantees

those days are over unfortunately. People ain't putting up that kind of cash unless they can get an instant return. That's why the Alabamas, LSU's etc have basically become the yearly classics in the South knowing they can get 50K before you flip a switch and that''s with large guarantees

I know my man. But we can dream LOL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Educate them, Black’n. Herrrrrre comes @JROCK w/ his tirade of emotional want and rhetoric lol. :D

I thought you were going to shut up and know your role as a Pink Panther.....LOL But nooooo, your purporting to not showing up until 2020 and passive aggressive message board behavior will not save PV. Not even your cozening up to S.U. mortal enemy can help at this point. I suggest you cupcakes worry about TXSU and others until your big day comes in Jaguarland. You do know if PV losses in Dallas you'll be relegated to third place again........right? LOL

Last edited:
Back