@BamaStateFB announces staff changes for upcoming season

We haven’t played y’all in 2 years but I see you’re scared of a strong Bama State just like everyone else.

We already have the facilities..only a matter of time before we start getting the best players

Yeah, okay, wake me up when you finish your diatribe. LOL Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin....Send Help!

Those assistants joining bama State don’t have any rhyme or reason. It’s like he picked guys from the old HBCU retreads I don’t see that turning into wins. Guys been out of coaching, and there are some guys that would’ve jumped at this opportunity but I know for sure if he doesn’t win this will get everyone on staff fired. I mean shocked at some of these guys he named

Those assistants joining bama State don’t have any rhyme or reason. It’s like he picked guys from the old HBCU retreads I don’t see that turning into wins. Guys been out of coaching, and there are some guys that would’ve jumped at this opportunity but I know for sure if he doesn’t win this will get everyone on staff fired. I mean shocked at some of these guys he named
He's got 1 year on his deal. Who are you going to get? Guys looking at the schedule see, OOC, Florida State, UAB, Kennesaw, Tuskegee...ok...I see maybe 1 win. Then conference play for a team that went 3-4 last season...let's say you improve. If you don't go 5-2 in conference you've got a losing season and you're gone.

He's got 1 year on his deal. Who are you going to get? Guys looking at the schedule see, OOC, Florida State, UAB, Kennesaw, Tuskegee...ok...I see maybe 1 win. Then conference play for a team that went 3-4 last season...let's say you improve. If you don't go 5-2 in conference you've got a losing season and you're gone.
You said something right there, with that schedule, the writing is on the wall.

It does not matter what changes any of you make..... The only thing that makes a difference is if the JSU changes work. In other words, none of yall matter..

It does not matter what changes any of you make..... The only thing that makes a difference is if the JSU changes work. In other words, none of yall matter..

But we all know that no changes at JSU will work. Hendrick (without the S) will deliver standard fare to Lynch Street. That means third or fourth place.

BamaStateFB adds two to staff for 2019
Eley announced a pair of offensive hires to round out the staff
Jan. 17, 2019 Football
MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Alabama State head coach Donald Hill-Eley rounded out his staff for the upcoming season, with a pair of offensive assistants Thursday afternoon.

"We needed to find a way to generate points," Eley said. "We have to find ways to motivate the guys that are here and get a threatening offense to challenge our opponents, something we didn't have last year. We had to address that, and I think we have done that with the guys we have brought in."

Eley announced the addition of Joe Blackwell as the offensive coordinator, who will also be in charge of the offensive line for the upcoming season. The veteran spent the last two seasons at a pair of high schools, most notably as the assistant head coach at Camden where the school set a record for points and yardage, and was also the offensive coordinator at Irmo High School. Prior to those stints, Blackwell was on the staff at South Carolina State where he was the offensive coordinator. Prior to South Carolina State, Blackwell was the interim offensive coordinator at Norfolk State where his offense averaged 30 points and 463.3 yards per game en route to winning four consecutive games at the end of the year. He also coached DeAngelo Branche to 631 of his school record 1,330 yards in the last four games as the offensive coordinator. Prior to joining Norfolk State, Blackwell began his first stint at South Carolina State and helped the Bulldogs to back-to-back MEAC championships (2008 and 2009).

https://bamastatesports.com/news/20...l9P9RYfOITE4FV55b7iW8IcNNdxKBipb9Qv-k5UbC0jXs

Who made that dumb ass schedule? Thats why we need a 9 game mandate.

Why wouldn't he hes definitely a better coach than Hughes is and has a much better staff offensively. Scheduling wise though he doesn't have any cream puffs like most teams.
B-C U, South Alabama, UNA, A&M, Southern, Alcorn, TNSU, etc. Looks like a sub .500 season to me.

Back