SU Halftimes

What's to fear about a band that's losing both discipline and tradition, all in one fell swoop?
It's really kind of sad.
How and why do you know all of this information about southern university obviously you are obsessed with southern I’m a huge southern fan and you know more than I do and I live close by southern did you know that jsu has southern alumns on there staff

Or could it be that we like pushing certain buttons simply because we know we can.
No discipline, losing hold of long held tradition, no continuity, no smooth transition.
What next?

Or could it be that we like pushing certain buttons simply because we know we can.
No discipline, losing hold of long held tradition, no continuity, no smooth transition.
What next?

Add thief to your list. Southern ain't about nothing this year. Southern stole the Sonic Boom of the South's drill from the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands. Call them the Human Junkbox! If you don't believe me, press play. Seeing is believing. :(

Last edited:
Add thief to your list. Southern ain't about nothing this year. Southern stole the Sonic Boom of the South's drill from the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands. Call them the Human Junkbox!

Many bands have done that drill since the 70s including the Jukebox. This is not JSU's drill.

Many bands have done that drill since the 70s including the Jukebox. This is not JSU's drill.

We're speaking in reference to JSU and SU, not other bands. This was a JSU drill in 2016 and a SU drill in 2018, go figure. Read the comments on the Southern clip. :(

Derwin mcc2 days ago (edited)
This is the same marching drill that Jackson State did In the Honda battle of the bands in 2016 talk about copying

XxclusiveXx Que2 days ago (edited)
Wow jackson state whole Honda botb fieldshow 2016 please do better Su

Kermit Tate2 days ago
JSU Honda Battle of Band. Exact drill

ScottNetwork672 days ago
Su really stole JSU whole drill from Honda 2016 ‍♂️ SU's quality is slowly declining

Bandhead092 days ago
This is JSU DRILL from Honda 2016

Last edited:
Yeah typical response when you don’t have nothing else to say. Jstank. Sonic Womb, Sonic Pop, Just Southern University.

Add thief to your list. Southern ain't about nothing this year. Southern stole the Sonic Boom of the South's drill from the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands. Call them the Human Junkbox! If you don't believe me, press play. Seeing in believing. :(

They say “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”

The drill masters are now copying drills. Wow!

Well they added woodwinds to their band to try and balance out that loud/scratchy sound of theirs to compete with JSU's powerful yet balanced sound.
Being loud and playing every song 10x its tempo wasn't good enough. They had to make some adjustments to keep up with Boom. So I'm not surprised their doing drills the Boom does. I mean, hey, all they care about these days is making a video so it can go "viral". Which is why they've fallen down the band charts.

Well they added woodwinds to their band to try and balance out that loud/scratchy sound of theirs to compete with JSU's powerful yet balanced sound.
Being loud and playing every song 10x its tempo wasn't good enough. They had to make some adjustments to keep up with Boom. So I'm not surprised their doing drills the Boom does. I mean, hey, all they care about these days is making a video so it can go "viral". Which is why they've fallen down the band charts.
So not only are they copying The BOOM's drills, they're trying to sound more like them too.
Do their band director even know how to incorporate woodwinds into their songs?

So not only are they copying The BOOM's drills, they're trying to sound more like them too.
Do their band director even know how to incorporate woodwinds into their songs?
Lol truth be told I like both bands I’d always agree they are 1 and 2 in the swac always but I’m sorry jsu just not better than the human jukebox not saying jsu not good but they not close to southern university band period.

Lol truth be told I like both bands I’d always agree they are 1 and 2 in the swac always but I’m sorry jsu just not better than the human jukebox not saying jsu not good but they not close to southern university band period.
Whenever a band can perform the score on the field without even knowing what the score is gonna be is pretty amazing and southern has a sound like no other which is what makes them southern

Add thief to your list. Southern ain't about nothing this year. Southern stole the Sonic Boom of the South's drill from the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands. Call them the Human Junkbox! If you don't believe me, press play. Seeing is believing. :(

It's a Step 2 drill, almost every band that does step 2 drills has done the same thing. There is no difference in them.

Reactions: JR
Back