SU Halftimes

Here's the original video, keep copying everything the Boom does, you may get it right one day.

Must be another crazy 80's baby. I understand, Reagan became our 40th President in the 80's and things weren't the same after that. He allowed way too many mentally ill people to function as normal people in society. I'm sure there are some 80's babies who actually believe the world was created in the 80's.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Also, even though Columbia Blue is one of Southern's official school colors (Columbia Blue and Gold), when Southern's band wore the white overlay up until 1983, the 'S' on the chest was Columbia Blue. They can't see the Columbia Blue 'S' in the middle of the overlay. I tell you, them 80's babies and JSU folks are straight delusional. They are one of the main reasons why we have the orange dummy today as our President with fake news and alternative facts. It seems like JSU has one of those FAUX NEWS Mass Communication Departments. Like the huge border wall, I'm still waiting to see that big ole dome stadium with the band practice field nearby. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Must be another crazy 80's baby. I understand, Reagan became our 40th President in the 80's and things weren't the same after that. He allowed way too many mentally ill people to function as normal people in society. I'm sure there are some 80's babies who actually believe the world was created in the 80's.

Correction...T. Leroy Davis was not the first MARCHING band director at Southern. It was Mosley. Ella Amacker PATTY formed the first ensemble. T. Leroy Davis was the second MARCHING band director at Southern and a Tuskegee graduate.

Not so fast, grasshopper! The first band at FAMU was organized in 1892, under P.A. Van Weller. From an original 16 instruments, the "Marching 100" is the The Architect not SU!

http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?a=marching100

You’re so quick to post some dumb ish. T. Leroy Davis is the architect of the SU Marching Band as we know it. How about you go learn something about the Boom before you try and inform me of something you don’t have a clue about.

Correction...T. Leroy Davis was not the first MARCHING band director at Southern. It was Mosley. Ella Amacker PATTY formed the first ensemble. T. Leroy Davis was the second MARCHING band director at Southern and a Tuskegee graduate.

Yep Patty was the first. Doc marched during her time.

@JAG89

The videos big head posted were from an SU alum that MADE UP half the shit in the videos. A lot of his dates are wrong conscerning JSU and were done so for smack purposes which our video corrects. All this was done on fb a few weeks ago. Y’all SU folk on here are just late as ever and trying to make shit up as y’all go along not evening knowing what happened lol. Y’all so desperate to prove somebody wrong. Lmao

Also, even though Columbia Blue is one of Southern's official school colors (Columbia Blue and Gold), when Southern's band wore the white overlay up until 1983, the 'S' on the chest was Columbia Blue. They can't see the Columbia Blue 'S' in the middle of the overlay. I tell you, them 80's babies JSU folks are straight delusional. They are the one of main reasons why we have the orange dummy today as our President with fake news and alternative facts. I seems like JSU has one of those FAUX NEWS Mass Communication Departments. Like the huge border wall, I'm still waiting to see that big ole dome stadium with the band practice field nearby. LOL!!!

01579FBC-E648-4BE1-9948-D579349992C7.jpeg

That’s one dark ass Columbia blue.

View attachment 6148

That’s one dark ass Columbia blue.

The uniform was royal blue (coat and pants) and the 'S' was Columbia Blue, which is the one of SU's OFFICIAL colors (Columbia Blue and Gold). Do you know JSU's official colors? I know for a fact Columbia Blue is not one of JSU's official colors, but somehow ya'll band has incorporated Columbia Blue into its band uniform color scheme. JSU's football team, cheerleaders, basketball team, etc. do not have Columbia Blue in their uniforms. Have you seen SU's football team, cheerleaders, basketball team, etc. over the years??? They all have Columbia Blue in their uniforms. So arguing about which band had Columbia Blue first is a mute issue with me since it is one of SU's OFFICIAL colors.

Last edited:
@JAG89

The videos big head posted were from an SU alum that MADE UP half the shit in the videos. A lot of his dates are wrong conscerning JSU and were done so for smack purposes which our video corrects. All this was done on fb a few weeks ago. Y’all SU folk on here are just late as ever and trying to make shit up as y’all go along not evening knowing what happened lol. Y’all so desperate to prove somebody wrong. Lmao

Please provide pictures and videos of JSU from 60's and 70's, especially the band's drill formations and uniforms. The 80's does not go back far enough. Like I stated previously, you 80's babies come up way too short on history. I followed SU band in junior high and high schools, which was in the 70's and early 80's and SU band were doing those same drills with pretty much the same uniforms then. When I got to SU in 1983 and join the band, a lot of Doc's drill formations were a decade old and older. By the way, the JSU person forgot the popular drill called the 'Sun Burst', which was one of Doc Greggs popular drills. Also, my father marched in SU's band back in the late 50's and early 60's and the design of the uniforms then were pretty much the same design today. SU's band has been pretty consistent for several decades, whereas JSU's band has drastically changed over the same time period, which had a lot to do with former Jukebox members being the band director at JSU. Basically, something similar to what we see in Talledaga today. I'm sure 20 years from now, individuals from Talledaga will argue that their band was the first to start something and SU stole from them too, which is quite comical.

Last edited:
We are not going to let you JSU folks dilute the legacy and historic tranformation Doc Greggs had on the HBCU band world, which is why he is in the nation's African American Museum. Except for schools like Grambling and FAMU, most HBCU bands have copied something from Doc Greggs and Southern. Some have copied more than others.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Also, a few PWI have copied Doc Greggs and SU's band. I believe there's a video of one performing the halftime score.

We are not going to let you JSU folks dilute the historic tranformation Doc Greggs had on the HBCU band world, which is why he is in the nation's African American Museum. Except for schools like Grambling and FAMU, most HBCU bands have copied something from Doc Greggs and Southern. Some have copied more than others.
Who is this "we" stuff when you're the ONLY one complaining and making false allegations? LOL at "we".

Instead of worrying about SU, how about JSU worried about

Why they could not afford to make the trip to FAMU
OR
Why the enrollment drop by 10% the highest amount all the 4 year colleges in MISSISSIPPI IN 2018

OR
Why the enrollment drop by 10% the highest amount all the 4 year colleges in MISSISSIPPI IN 2018

Man, you can't be right. Since Da Queen left, JSU has added all kind of new degree programs. Some degree programs never seen at other universities. LMAO!!!

OR

Even with the 10% drop, JSU's enrollment is still significantly higher than SU's enrollment. Making the trip to FAMU had nothing to do with affordability, it had to do with choice.
thumb_yello.gif

U's band has been pretty consistent for several decades, whereas JSU's band has drastically changed over the same time period, which had a lot to do with former Jukebox members being the band director at JSU. Basically, something similar to what we see in Talledaga today. I'm sure 20 years from now, individuals from Talledaga will argue that their band was the first to start something and SU stole from them too, which is quite comical.

bsflag.gif
Wrong! That distinction goes to Dowell Taylor who became JSU's Band Director in 1984!
welcome.gif

@JAG89

Man you the only one on here arguing bout some bs cause you thought a rigged ass video by one of your alums was right when in actuality it’s wrong and was proven so lol.

Also, no one got upset about the color but you. All I did was point out that the “Columbia blue” s on yalls old uniform was dark, nothing more lol. Y’all use navy too which is not yalls official school colors so miss folks with the official school color bs.

I know you bout to come in here and type some more bs about nothing trying to divert so have at it. Lmao

bsflag.gif
Wrong! That distinction goes to Dowell Taylor who became JSU's Band Director in 1984!
welcome.gif

So you agree with me that JSU changed its style in 1984 instead of the 60's and 70's, which bring me back to my original post. SU has been doing those drills since 1969 (Doc Greggs first year as SU's band director), which is 15 years or a decade and half before 1984. I tell you, you 80's babies are something else. I can't wait to hear those 2010's babies at Talladega start claiming stuff. LOL!!!

@JAG89

Man you the only one on here arguing bout some bs cause you thought a rigged ass video by one of your alums was right when in actuality it’s wrong and was proven so lol.

Also, no one got upset about the color but you. All I did was point out that the “Columbia blue” s on yalls old uniform was dark, nothing more lol. Y’all use navy too which is not yalls official school colors so miss folks with the official school color bs.

I know you bout to come in here and type some more bs about nothing trying to divert so have at it. Lmao

Where you see that I typed Navy Blue??? I believe I typed Royal Blue. But at least now you are recognizing which band has on the right OFFICIAL school colors. LOL!!!

Back